Chapter 7

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Chanyeol’s care, Baekhyun’s recovery went well. It’s been two days since the incident, and Baekhyun was still not allowed to leave the room. Although Chanyeol was mostly there to look after him, someday the omega needs to gain his freedom. So to monitoring the omega’s health, Chanyeol had to change the bandages to see if the bruises was healed. The injury on Baekhyun’s head was long gone. However, what he didn’t expect that Baekhyun didn’t look away this time, unlike the first day the bandages were changed.

 

“Are you sure about this?” The human asked.

 

Baekhyun slowly nodded. “I have to see it.”

 

The omega watched Chanyeol removed the worn bandage away, and slowly, he witnessed the scar that pains his heart. Red bruise traced around his wrists was visible. They’re shaped like huge hand prints. Baekhyun eyes didn’t leave the bruises, and he kept staring at it. He didn’t even realize that Chanyeol had been calling his name, until a hand covered the bruises to block the view, making the omega looked up.

 

Chanyeol looked straight into his eyes and his gaze was soft. “You did great, Baekhyun. But enough is enough. You need to stop looking at them.”

 

The omega shook his head. “No. There’s still one more.” He pointed at his neck. “Over here.”

 

The other sighed. “Baekhyun...”

 

“Please?”

 

The taller hesitated before he reached to remove the bandage around the neck as well. It took longer than it should be until he’s done. He grabbed a hand mirror, but he didn’t want to give it to Baekhyun just yet. The omega begged him silently, until he finally saw the nasty red bruise with nail marks on the bare neck behind the mirror. He blinked once, twice, and then he cracked. He didn’t want to see the bruises anymore. The hot tears welled in his eyes. Chanyeol saw that coming as he dropped the hand mirror aside before reaching for the other’s shoulder and hold him firmly. Baekhyun tried his best not to tear up, not in front of Chanyeol anymore.

 

“You’re stronger than this.” Chanyeol reminded him.

 

The omega sniffed silently, managed not to shed a tear before he nodded at him. The taller smiled and grabbed the new bandages to replace the old ones. Baekhyun’s face flushed every time when Chanyeol gently touched him. He kept staring at Chanyeol’s hands, until they were withdrawn in haste. When the omega looked up, he was looking at him carefully.

 

“You don’t like it when I touch you?” He asked.

 

Baekhyun quickly shook his head. He loved Chanyeol’s touch.”Oh, no! It feels nice. Very gentle, to be honest. I really want you to touch more--” Baekhyun widened his eyes and covered his mouth immediately, realizing on what he just said. He didn’t mean that! Gosh! Now he sounded like a creep! Chanyeol chuckled at his reaction, and reached out to hold on Baekhyun’s bandaged wrist. He gave it a soft rub as if it could heal quickly.

 

“I was thinking if my touch can make you feel better. Unlike the one that hurt you back then, I hope this harmless touch will able to replace them. Did it work?”

 

Baekhyun blushed, and quietly nodded.

 

The human continued to rub the wrists for a while, before he stood up, asking if Baekhyun was able to walk around. And Baekhyun did. He admitted being locked in the room for god knows how long making his limbs stiff. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun walked by his two legs without a problem, he led him downstairs to see the rest of the apartment. The omega was awed at how huge the apartment looked like. He didn’t know Chanyeol was this rich. Five years ago, Chanyeol lived in an average family. Perhaps his job really paid it off.

 

Chanyeol walked him to the small balcony, where the omega able to take some fresh air. It’s just what he needed. Baekhyun rested his arms on the railing, while closed his eyes to feel the wind blowing his hair. He wanted to shift, and howl. He wanted to run into the woods, and feel free again.

 

“Baekhyun.” The omega heard the human called him. He turned around to see Chanyeol was holding a plate with a piece of cake he hadn’t seen before. “While you’re resting, I was experimenting new recipe for the cafe. I was wondering if you’re my customer could taste and judge it.”

 

The piece is beautifully made. An elegant cake mixed with both purple and blue with white cream. That one look captured his heart, but felt pity to eat it. Baekhyun took the teaspoon provided, and scooped a good amount of it. Carefully, he took a bite of the cake, and then his eyes sparkled.

 

It’s a red velvet cake.

 

“How did you do that?! It’s red velvet, right?”

 

Chanyeol smiled wide, as if he knows what Baekhyun was talking about. “The color tricked you, didn’t it? There’s a way to change its color, I just looked up how to do it. How was the taste?"

 

“It was marvelous. It tasted just nice. I love how you mix up red velvet with a slight of blueberry flavor. I didn’t expect how the taste turned out to be like this. It surprised me.” Baekhyun admitted.

 

“The set will be called ‘Red under the Blues’, served together with lemonade. Sounds perfect?”

 

“It’s fitting, sweet and sour in a set. You’re smart, Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun watched his mate smiled brighter at the compliment. This is what he can do in return, to support in whatever his mate was working at, and it never failed him. Chanyeol let Baekhyun ate the rest since he hadn’t gotten proper food for a few days. It was a good start.

 

“I don’t want to repeat this, but are you really sure you won’t leave?”

 

Ah, right. Chanyeol asked him not to continue working with him at the cafe since the incident. It’s bad for Baekhyun’s health, but he is one stubborn omega. Baekhyun had gone this far, and he won’t leave Chanyeol.

 

“I’m starting to love your cafe, and I’ve adapted to it. I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter