Chapter 3

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silent night near the amusement park, when the couple was startled by a loud noise, one has to check what it was. But what if one that interrupted was his unknown stalker that he hasn’t met yet? Baekhyun doubted that his mate will hate him when he found out. The omega was still scared to move his legs. He had to think of something to distract Chanyeol. He meant anything that could possibly avoid from meeting him. The omega looked his surroundings, and stopped at a small creature far hidden in a tree.

 

A bat. Baekhyun’s mind clicked.

 

The moment he heard the rustling leaves, he felt his body shrank. The omega turned his head back to the sound; his eyes met the mate’s. Chanyeol stopped when he saw Baekhyun and none of them moved. To be honest, the omega wanted to cry in Chanyeol’s arms; to able to notice, to able to see him this close, and to able to meet him. However, reality strikes him when Baekhyun, who is now in wolf form, could only watch and hope that Chanyeol sees him as a normal dog. They stared at each other for a long time, as if the time has stopped.

 

“Chanyeol, babe, is everything alright?”

 

Jongin’s voice broke their staring contest, and Baekhyun really hates it when Jongin called him that. The omega was the one that should call him that. Just him.

 

“No, it’s alright. Just a puppy.” Chanyeol replied with a smile on his face.

 

The taller removed himself from the bush, leaving Baekhyun one small glance before returning to his human boyfriend. That was enough to make Baekhyun’s heart fluttered. That was his second time they met after their first in a couple years ago. The omega once again wanted to get closer to him, even he had to get rid of Jongin in the process. Baekhyun didn’t find Jongin and Chanyeol are matched. They were close, however, their interest were different. Jongin loves sports, but Chanyeol loves pastry. Jongin loves wild animals, but Chanyeol loves pets. Jongin loves to spend his time outside walking and traveling, but Chanyeol prefers to stay indoors and survey latest trend.

 

 

 

The omega didn’t think their relationship was too far, and he was right. That one fine Monday, where he was hiding in his usual spot, he noticed Chanyeol didn’t come out of the school at the specific time. He was a little worried. Jongin wasn’t there to wait him too. Baekhyun decided to wait another hour, but still his mate wasn’t on the sight. Baekhyun predicted something was wrong, he shifted to his wolf form and snuck inside the school. He remembered Chanyeol’s smell as he tried to track him. It turned out his mate was all the way to the top of the school, with Sehun and Jongin. Baekhyun was curious why they all were there, but his ears perked up when they’re shouting at each other.

 

Chanyeol and Jongin were arguing, and Sehun was trying to calm them down. What was that all about?

 

“I can’t believe you used me! All this time I thought you loved me!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

“I do! Only if you calm down and listen to me, we shouldn’t have to fight over this!” Jongin looked frustrated.

 

They kept yelling on and on, which made Baekhyun confused even more. It was until a soft wind blew in his direction, he sensed a strange scent from them that didn’t fit. The omega was sure it wasn’t a male scent.... Oh. He smelled that Jongin has a scent of a girl on him, which made sense. Perhaps Chanyeol found out that Jongin was cheated on him.

 

“That’s it! I don’t want another excuse from you. It is either me or her, you choose. Right now!” Chanyeol’s angry voice echoed through the roof. Even Baekhyun was shivering by the voice.

 

Jongin stared at his boyfriend with his pleading eyes. He wanted to answer, but in the end, he let his head down. He wouldn’t say it, which is obvious for Chanyeol that Jongin choose the girl over him. The omega wanted to get there and snapped Jongin’s neck. How could he! After all the love he gave to him, he decided to ditch Chanyeol just like that? Baekhyun would never forgive Jongin.

 

Chanyeol clenched his fist and left Jongin and Sehun behind without looking back. He had enough of this so called boy couple. He loved Jongin, but the other was using him to love someone else. The damage has been done, and Chanyeol is breaking up with him. Baekhyun hid behind the door as he watched the poor mate passed him. He could see Chanyeol’s eyes were filled with tears. The reality hurt him a lot, which made Baekhyun’s heart broke. Instead of sitting duck in the corner, the wolf decided to follow him, just in case if Chanyeol did anything stupid.

 

Apparently, Chanyeol left the school and headed back home. It was until he reached an alleyway that led to his house streets, he came to a dead halt. No one was around, and finally, he broke. Chanyeol leaned his back on the wall before sliding down to the ground, hands covering his face and he let out chocking sobs. Chanyeol may not a crybaby, but it was too much for him.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t far from his mate. He couldn’t do anything but to watch, and if he could turn back the time, he could save Chanyeol from Jongin. But it was too late. Right now wasn’t the time for revenge. To make Chanyeol feel better was his first priority. Baekhyun slowly approach the poor taller and stayed next to him. He didn’t like the sound of crying Chanyeol. But then he accidentally was letting out a whine, which made his mate turn to look at him. Chanyeol’s eyes were red, but he looked rather surprised to see a dog was staring at him. Baekhyun didn’t say anything afterwards. He stayed by his side like a silent company. Chanyeol’s cry subsided to a small sniff, and both of them appreciate the silence once in a while.

 

The omega noticed his mate finally stood up. He still needed to go back home or his parents will worry. Chanyeol looked down at the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter