Chapter 2

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gathering took place at a fancy looking cafe and fortunately, Sehun only reserved few seats, not the whole cafe itself, which made Baekhyun was relieved that he can enter as a normal customer. He took a single seat on a bar stool facing the kitchen counter, while the gathering was happening behind him. He didn’t order anything grand; few French fries and soda were enough for his appetite. Furthermore, his intention was to watch the fated mate on the scene, but he could sense that Chanyeol wasn’t a party type. Chanyeol awkwardly sat next to Sehun while he was being introduced by the people he never met before. The people were mostly from Sehun’s old school, different schools and random students from different classes. Sehun said the gathering was made to create more friends outside their school boundaries, and it did look fun. Unfortunately, not for Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun felt responsible for Chanyeol not talking to anyone, but the human kept smiling as he listened to their endless stories. It had been passed a half an hour, the situation getting its heat. The people were no longer being quiet, as their voices slowly filling the whole cafe. The other customers don't really bother with them. However, on the other hand, Baekhyun did start to get irritated. To have sensitive hearing senses was something he didn’t appreciate for once. He could leave the cafe right now, but he can’t leave his mate having the torture alone. The omega rubbed his temple, as if he wished to tell them to lower their voice, when suddenly he felt a presence at the corner of his eyes.

 

He turned around and his heart skipped a beat when he saw Chanyeol took a seat on a bar stool not far from him. He ordered a simple drink and sighed a bit. Perhaps he had enough with the gathering. It’s been long since they first met, Baekhyun almost forgotten how tall Chanyeol looked at this closely. His mate’s eyes were average, the huge nose, and y lips. Not to mention the fair skin and curly hair, making him looked as a stunning man. Gosh, his mate looks perfect!

 

Despite how handsome he looks, the omega had to turn away for a second to breathe. His face was red and his breathing was rigid for a moment. He had to stay calm. Perhaps this was the moment he has to face his mate and get know each other. He has to talk to him. He has to. He took a huge breath before turned to the human. His lips trembled, but he made sure his voice was audible enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

“H--He-“

 

“Hello there!”

 

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol changed their glance to the newcomer on the right. A student, who apparently looked younger than them took a seat next to Chanyeol and smiled.

 

“I see that you’re not interested with this whole party thing. Did Sehun force you to join in?”

 

Chanyeol blinked at the boy. “Uh... yeah. Sehun said that I need a breather, but I don’t think it worked out.”

 

The boy chuckled. “He tends to do whatever he wanted to make everyone feel better. But at least he tried. Oh, by the way, I’m Jongin. Sehun’s old friend. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“My name is Chanyeol. Nice to meet you too.” And they shook hands.

 

The omega retreated and silently chewed his unfinished fries. He had to accept the reality that humans can be only friends with human. Perhaps there will be another time where he was brave enough to confront Chanyeol alone. He didn’t know when, but there will be one day, when he felt the chance was given to him.

 

The humans chatted for quite some time, and they even exchanged numbers. It’s not something Baekhyun could protest. Chanyeol needed to gain new friends other than Sehun. It’s for a good change. The gathering finally wrapped up when the time approached to cafe’s closing time. They had fun and Chanyeol was glad that he enjoyed at the end. Baekhyun was happy for him. They parted ways before Chanyeol walked back home together with Sehun. They even joke around to kill time until they reached their homes. Baekhyun kept watching his mate through the window, and wondered when it was his time to confront him like Jongin did.

 

It was a weekend where Baekhyun took his day off from stalks his mate. Truth to be told, it was boring to keep watching the mate for hours without doing anything. In exchange to return Junmyeon’s favor, he agreed every weekend to take care of the pups in their pack. He taught them how to use the senses as a wolf; how to hear, smell or see better at far distance. He really likes to play with the pups. They’re careless, but adorable. Oddly enough, he asked once why Kyungsoo never thought of having a pup, but all he got was a death glare.

 

Chanyeol does bake cakes and brewing drinks every weekend. He even went to the library just to study ingredients, which is why Baekhyun stopped following him except weekdays. However, when Baekhyun watched him at Chanyeol’s house every Monday, Chanyeol always had something new to show him, which was fascinating. Baekhyun smiled when Chanyeol showed his mother a new cappuccino mix, and she praised him. Chanyeol is living in a good family.

 

And Baekhyun can’t wait what Chanyeol will show him today’s new recipe since he hasn’t seen him for two days. As usual, the omega waited at his favorite spot. He peeked at the school entrance, but his eyes went wide when he saw a familiar student. He re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter