Chapter 10

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn’t realize the straight three days before the wedding, Chanyeol didn’t come to the cafe. Kris told him that he had moved the cake to the hotel and completed the rest, which Baekhyun understands the hotel has more space and tools. Chanyeol didn’t have to worry about carrying it by vehicle when it is completed. Even it’s been three days, Baekhyun felt suffocated without him. And passed those days, it’s the wedding day. Minseok volunteered to send Baekhyun to the hotel. Kris told him that Yixing will wait there to guide him into the hotel.

 

Once Baekhyun was given a room, he was escorted to the locker to wear the waiter’s outfit, and boy, it looked expensive. White tux with white rose tucked in the pocket shirt, together with black pants, they looked elegant in one set. Thankfully, they’re about the right size and fitted on Baekhyun perfectly.

 

Yixing, then escorted him into the main dining hall, where the wedding took place. The hall was huge and luxurious. Decorations were placed here and there, decorations and balloons were placed on every corner. The omega never thought the Wu pack can be so rich. It seemed Luhan’s wedding was really grand and important to them. Yixing even told him that most of all other lead packs were invited too, so Baekhyun guessed Junmyeon and Kyungsoo will be coming tonight.

 

They only have a few hours before the occasion starts, and Yixing quickly ushered the omega to the standby room, which is for self preparation. Baekhyun almost argued with him about having a makeup. However, he needed to look smart and handsome, because Wu pack is a perfectionist. They wanted their staffs to be attracted. He had no choice but to sit on the chair and facing a mirror for an hour, while the female stylist did what she wanted. Baekhyun almost dozed off by the long wait, and finally it’s done.

 

The omega was surprised by the result when he looked properly in the mirror. He didn’t recognize himself as the thick eyeliner, the faint blush on his cheeks, and shining lips plastered all over his natural face. He thought who this beautiful woman was, but now he understood why people found him so pretty. Thanking the female stylish, he stood up and looked for Yixing for the next step. Even the said assistant was surprised at Baekhyun’s new appearance.

 

“You’re looking great, Baekhyun. Kris will be proud of you.” Yixing said, and the omega smiled shyly. “We don’t have much time left. You’ll be waiting at the kitchen. As soon Luhan cut the cake, you’ll serve the food for the bride and groom, including their VIP guests too. Do not worry, you’re not working alone. I’ll be helping you as well.”

 

Baekhyun nodded and waited in the kitchen area for the event to start.

 

Waiting seemed like forever and he was nervous that people passed by could tell, but when the guests had filled up in the venue, the main event was about to start. Baekhyun leaned to the small window of the kitchen, as he noticed the venue lights were dimmed. He couldn’t find his mate among the crowd, but he saw the spotlights facing the head of the Wu pack stood in the middle of the stage to draw the audience attention.

 

Kris was always looking good, yet tonight he looked gorgeous as ever. He wore a white tux with gold pattern, tucked a blue rose on the pocket shirt. His pants were also white, and the silver shoes shone every time the light was facing them. His blond hair was pushed back, like a very wealthy man on business. Baekhyun was amused by the appearance of the Wu pack leader.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present you our bride and groom to the stage.” Kris announced, as the music started to play while the crowd applauded.

 

There, the omega finally could see the groom; Luhan, escorting his bride to the stage. Baekhyun couldn’t resist smiling at the sight. They looked so perfect together. He wished one day that his mate and he could celebrate their wedding like this, or even merrier than this. His head snapped suddenly at the tall figure stood all the way back among the crowd. He saw him, he saw Chanyeol. The lights were still dimmed and he couldn’t see him properly, but it seemed Chanyeol was asking some of the guests to give a space. For what?

 

“Without wasting any time, please give a huge applause to our grand cake to the stage.” Baekhyun was lost in thoughts when Kris finally announced for it.

 

The spotlights facing on the other door, as the said cake finally entered into the venue. Baekhyun gasped when he saw the cake that Chanyeol made. It was huge and beautiful. He could hear the crowd was cheering and admiring how complicated the cake looked.

 

Three-tiered cake stacked oddly onto each other. No one could tell how the top cake didn’t fall, but the crescent moon design was on the most top of the cake stood strong. The white cream on the cakes was sparkling along with deep blue creams at the middle of every each cake. They looked like a lake. Luhan and the bride came close to the cake, but they’re busy admiring it. Even the bride told her groom she was pity to cut the cake, because it was too pretty.

 

In the end, it’s tradition. They cut the cake from the top. As soon they pulled out the first piece, they gasped in surprise when a blue berry jam oozing out from the cake, staining down on the second cake below. It looked like a waterfall. The whole cake itself was a molten cake. Baekhyun was impressed, and so everyone else. The married couple shared the taste of the cake as the music started to play again, and the lights were on, indicating the feast has begun.

 

“Baekhyun.” The omega turned to Yixing, who called him. “It’s time.”

 

 

 

 

The first two tables near the stage was Luhan’s relatives; the bride’s parents, the groom’s parents and not surprisingly, Kris. Baekhyun was ordered to serve the two tables along with Yixing. He would consider himself as an honorable waiter to be served under the Wu pack. With a tray and napkin on his arm, he proceeded to serve the cake to the family.

 

Baekhyun tried his best to ignore the stares from the family, and he could hear whispers even they tried to hide it. Fortunately, they didn’t talk bad about him. The omega nearly smiled when one of them told the nearest person that the waiter looked beautiful. He caught a glimpse that Kris was smiling at him as well.

 

“I don’t know a handsome waiter can be this pretty. What do you say, Lu? Do you want to switch?” The bride’s friend was joking at the groom, and everyone at the table was laughing.

 

Baekhyun excused himself to not be awkward about the situation, and he crossed path with Yixing. The assistant told him to take over the second table, and he did. When he about to approach to the table, he sensed someone was looking straight at him, and the first thing he saw was Chanyeol.

 

His mate was wearing a black tux, along with the white flower tucked on it. His black hair was parted and pushed back, much nicer looking than Kris. Baekhyun tried to breathe despite how handsome he looked as he swallowed a lump in throat and moved on. He served drinks on the said table and quickly left. Not being fast enough, he was stoppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter