Chapter 11

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The omega had a dream last night where he lay down on the grass during midnight, watching the full moon brightened the sky. Beside him was his handsome mate, staring gently as their hands linked firmly by their side. Chanyeol’s smile made Baekhyun’s heart content, as if the smile was for only him. They didn’t utter a word. Having themselves together under the moonlight was enough for them. They gazed back at the moon accompanied by the thousand stars, hands were tightened and didn’t let go. The omega closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the sound of the crickets and the wind blew softly. Until the sounds were slowly fading into emptiness, he slowly reopened his eyes. His smile curved into sadness as he stared into the night sky. Trying to reach the hand he was holding, but all he touched was grass.

 

He was alone again under the moonlight.

 

Baekhyun woke up from the dream in the hotel room, and felt a sudden warm on his body. He was so sure he put the temperature as low as possible, but why was he still sweating? He felt awful when he placed one hand on his forehead, the warmth was heating up. He must be working too hard yesterday, and didn’t monitor his own health. The sun was already up. Thankfully, he didn’t have to serve for Wu family until late noon for the next ceremony. Baekhyun groggily got up to wash his face before getting changed with a different outfit. He almost missed morning breakfast, but still not too late. In haste, he grabbed his shoes before exiting from the hotel room, a pair of arms came to surprise him. Baekhyun jumped as he returned the hug, although he was still confused who was this stranger, but as soon he sensed the familiar scent, he hugged tighter. Boy, it’s been months since their departure.

 

“Kyungsoo, I missed you.” The omega snuggled his brother dearly.

 

“I called you earlier this morning, but you didn’t pick up. You did sleep like a log, didn’t you?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled, but gave him a nod. “I slept late last night. The Wu kept me busy.”

 

They detached themselves, and Kyungsoo looked at him carefully. “No kidding. You look terrible. Are you sick?” Baekhyun disheartened when Kyungsoo asked him about his health, but he nodded anyway. The omega cooed as he reached to brush the bangs. “Poor Baek got caught on fever. You need to get yourself a medicine and rest a lot. We should find this Kris guy.”

 

“No!” Baekhyun stopped him from walking away. “I don’t want to cause any trouble, but I promise after today’s ceremony, I’ll head straight to bed.”

 

“You’re pushing yourself too hard. If Junmyeon sees you like this, he’s not going to be happy.”

 

“Junmyeon’s here?” The omega asked, with intention to avoid the topic. Fortunately, Kyungsoo did fall for it.

 

“Yes, we were waiting for you to breakfast with us at the cafe but you didn’t show up. So I came to check on you.”

 

Baekhyun tried to pull his best smile. “I’m about to head there anyway. Let’s go.”

 

As they arrived at the cafe, Baekhyun couldn’t hide his happiness when he saw his alpha, who was waving at them. He approached to his alpha before giving him a hug too. He has never been away from his alpha for so long. Having Junmyeon here, he felt a whole. Junmyeon untangled his arms to look at the omega, but immediately his eyebrows met.

 

“Are you unwell, Baekhyun?” The omega sadly gave him a nod. Junmyeon wanted to say something, but not until he glanced at Kyungsoo and then back to him. “I’m not going to say anything, but please eat something, then go back to your bed. I’ll inform to the Wu alpha that you’ll not go to work for the noon activity.”

 

“I can’t. They’re expecting me to go, since it’s their last schedule of the day. But I’ll promise to take a few days leave to rest.”

 

The alpha opened his mouth, but Kyungsoo stopped him. “He won’t listen to you, so stop arguing. Didn’t he say he’ll get some rest afterwards?”

 

Junmyeon sighed. “We’ll get you the pills to reduce the fever then.”

 

Baekhyun smiled brightly. It seemed his stubbornness hardly to make them win. He got up to grab what’s left of the breakfast, before eating together with his former pack.

 

 

 

 

It was noon, and Baekhyun felt much better after swallowing the pills, and rest. The fever did reduce at the moment. It will hold on for few hours, before he could actually take a full rest. Yixing acknowledge about the omega’s health and he suggested not taking any heavy jobs. So he was situated at the food section, slicing the meat into pieces to serve to the guests. It’s an easy job for him thankfully.

 

When the guests started to crowd in, Baekhyun did struggle at first. Even Junmyeon and Kyungsoo came to check on him, but the omega ensured he was fine. Flashing his bright smile was enough to ease their worry. Baekhyun’s heart raced when he saw Chanyeol was approaching. He felt that he was getting hot, but not from the fever. Chanyeol reached to get a small plate, before stood across from him.

 

“How many per slice you can give to your boss?” Chanyeol with a smirk.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but chuckled as he cut the meat. “And I thought I’m not working for you today. So here’s three slices of meat as a normal guest.”

 

Chanyeol pouted cutely as he watched Baekhyun placed the meat on his plat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter