Chapter 8

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a routine, especially for Kris. He consistently comes and goes every lunch time at Chanyeol’s cafe. As if, he had nothing to do. However, Baekhyun could tell when Kris personally said to other waiters that he wanted Baekhyun to serve for him. Everyone was jealous, including Chanyeol. The omega could see his mate’s lone eyes when he passed Kris’s dishes for him. It felt that Chanyeol want talk to him more, but they’re always following the rules; serve the customers first. Kris usually took a seat outside the cafe, alongside with somebody that Baekhyun didn’t recognize.

 

The person had an angelic look and his skin was pale as a sheet. Baekhyun thought that he was sick, but the skin was natural. He was always by Kris’s side, standing still, unmoving. Once, the omega tried to strike a conversation with him, but he only received a smile and polite bow in return. Kris saw his attempt, he explained to him.

 

“He’s my right hand man. My father won’t let me wander alone, so this man is his eyes to watch me over.” The alpha said.

 

“What’s his name?”

 

Kris shook his head. “His name is irreverent. He’s my assistant, and that is it.”

 

Baekhyun saw a glimpse of the man drew a pained smile and his gaze was lowered. It might hurt him a little bit, but he didn’t say a word. Kris cleared his throat, making Baekhyun turned back at him. There was more to that.

 

“This might sound uncomfortable to you, but I would like you to come with me to the Southern forest tonight.”

 

 The omega blinked. “But I’m on cleaning duty today.”

 

“It’s important.” Kris’s voice was suddenly gone cold. “We caught the culprit who did to you that night.”

 

Baekhyun’s skin shivered. Kris caught the abuser, even less than a week. How did he do that? Baekhyun would believe the police could do much faster, however... The wolves were bound to make investigation way more accurate than the police. Kris indeed did a lot of effort to help him.

 

“I would love to join, but Chanyeol... He won’t be happy if I skip my work.”

 

The alpha smirked. “Then ask the beta to cover for you. It won’t be that long. All we do is pass the judgment and you’ll be sent back here.”

 

“Judgment? What judgment?” Baekhyun blinked.

 

“You’ll see. Accept the invitation. It won’t take too long, I promise.”

 

The thoughts didn’t take too long. Baekhyun immediately accept the invitation, and asked Minseok to cover for him. He knows Chanyeol usually will leave early to experiment new flavors on drinks and cakes. Jongdae has to catch a game tonight, so he will go back early as well, which left Minseok and he to clean up the kitchen before closing the cafe. To be honest, Baekhyun disliked lying to his mate about ditching his work, but sometimes when the situation is more important than work, it was hard to ignore.

 

So that night, Baekhyun went to the back door of the cafe, where he dumped the trash. It pained him to walk back to that place, but now it was nothing to him. There stood tall the alpha and his assistant, asking the omega if he was ready. Baekhyun gave him a nod, before they’re all shifted into their wolf forms. The omega didn’t realize the pale skinned man was also a wolf, a very pretty wolf even. He remembered back then at the full moon gathering, where he confronted the black as night and the white as snow wolves striding into the pack, and took the middle spot to begin the ceremony. They were them. The mighty leader of Wu pack was Kris. Without wasting any time, they sprinted into the woods of Gangnam, heading into their main territory.

 

 

 

 

“Minseok, you’re allowed to go home.”

 

Chanyeol saw the beta widened his eyes when he announced the dismissal. Baekhyun was still out there somewhere, when Minseok was in the middle of cleaning dishes. When Chanyeol entered the kitchen without warning, and called him to leave, it was uncalled for. Chanyeol didn’t say anything else afterwards, but as he looked around, he knew something was missing.

 

“Where is Baekhyun? He can leave early too.” But he got late response from Minseok, so he doubted that something was wrong.

 

“Baekhyun went out... somewhere. He didn’t tell me, but he’ll be a little late.”

 

Chanyeol went to the sink to wash the remains of the dirty plates. “Call him. Tell him that he’s dismissed.”

 

“He left his phone at the locker.”

 

Chanyeol mentally face palm at his worker’s carelessness. Why anyone would leave their phone somewhere? It was pretty common to everyone keep their phone to themselves. “Never mind. I’ll wait for him. You can leave first.”

 

As he continued cleaning, he didn’t know the beta was praying to the Mother Nature that Baekhyun would come back as soon as possible. If the omega came back too late, he’ll be facing a warning letter in his locker tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

“We’re here.” The large black wolf said as they arrived at the location.

 

The place wasn’t as Baekhyun expected. It was more like a camping site than a territory. He wondered if Kris wasn’t being honest with him.

 

“I know what you’re thinking, omega.” Baekhyun turned to Kris. “This is a part of our territory. You could say this is our bonfire, and we gather here to discuss... stuffs.”

 

The omega would like to know what this ‘stuff’ all about, until he heard a low grunt at the corner of the trees. A small pack of wolves, five of them, joining and circling around the bonfire. Baekhyun didn’t know who they are, but the way they kept their head down as they approaching Kris, they could be his betas. Baekhyun watched they came one by one, until he spotted a familiar black wolf. He kept his head lower than everyone else, and he was guided by two alarming wolves. When the black wolf stopped in front of Kris, Baekhyun gasped.

 

He knew this wolf. The moment he saw the bite mark on the wolf’s arm, a painful memory rushed into his mind, and he started to shiver.

 

It was the wolf who abused him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter