Brewing Storms. Part 3 of 4

(Love and Debt)

 

 


 

As this lady was giving her a look, Taecyeon then entered and saw the lady. He was really surprised to see her here.

 

Yoona saw the expression Taec's face and back went Yoona's gaze to the lady in front of her. The lady then went close to Taecyeon and was about to give him a hug but Taecyeon moved back to avoid her and then Taecyeon went to reach for Yoona's hand. 

 

The grip on Yoona's hand was getting tighter as Taec was staring at the lady with anger in his eyes. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Taecyeon said coldly to the lady in front of them.

 

The lady just smiled and still gave Taecyeon a hug. "You should've hugged me first. Don't you miss omma."

 

Yoona's POV

 

This is Taecyeon's omma?!!! WOW!!! She looks young to be his mom. She's quite beautiful and INTIMIDATING. She looks like a very high class socialite.

 

"And who's this with you Taec?" Taecyeon's mom asked as she released him from her hug

 

Taecyeon is still treating her coldly. "She's my wife." 

 

He was still not letting go of my hand and held it tighter. I don't know what's up with Taec. He's head is bowed down and it was like he is feeling uncomfortable with his mom in here, in front of us. 

 

I then introduced myself to his mom. "I'm Yoona. It's very nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Ok."

 

"Oh! Don't call me like that." she chuckled.

"His dad and I are divorced for a very long time. I'm already married to someone else. It's Mrs. Baek. Well, It's nice to finally meet my son's wife." she added

 

Taecyeon's mom still gives me some chills in my bones. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about his mom.

 

"I came as soon as I could as you're dad called me that you've been married already. I was informed yesterday. You should've told me Taec sooner that you're married or you're getting married." Taecyeon's mom spoke again

 

"There's no need for that anyway. Isn't your husband looking for you? I think it's better if you leave now." Taec said to his mom straightforward

 

"Don't worry Taec. He's not yet looking for me. He's busy. Actually he's outside the country attending a conference. That's why I have time." His mom answered

 

We then sat on the lounge area and Taec's mom was staring at me for minutes.

 

"Have we met before Yoona?" she asked me curiously

"I believe we haven't madame." I quickly answered

 

One of the maids then served us some tea while Taec's mom got coffee.

 

"So how's your relationship with my son, Yoona?" she asked

"Well, we're just fine." I replied

"Do you still love my son?" she asked me

 

This question she just throwed to me was really hard. I don't know how to answer that. Should I just say YES. But wait, why did she ask me if I still love his son? Shouldn't she ask if I love his son?

 

I was kinda thinking for awhile and was surprised as the warm coffee was thrown at me. My clothes were soaked in coffee. I then looked at Taecyeon's mom and she was furious. What did I do wrong? Why did she throw her coffee on me. What is she mad for? I don't understand.

 

"Looks like you really have a lot of guts. How dare you play with my son?" she looks infuriated 

 

Taecyeon stood up from his seat and yelled at her mother. "What did you do to her? Can you please leave now? I don't want you in here!!!" He was becoming outrageous.

 

I was looking at Taecyeon then my eyes went to his mom.

 

"NO!!! I won't leave til I'm finished on what I should say!" his mom stood up from her seat too and then eyed on me

 

"You woman. How dare you sneak on my son's back?!!!" she was giving me this stare that made my knees shake.

 

"I don't understand." I said weakly

 

I then stood up from my seat and I tried to reach for Taecyeon's hand because I'm feeling helpless at that time and Taecyeon was the only one I can lean on.

 

Taecyeon then stood up in front of me and tried to cover me. I'm really feeling weak and I just cried on Taecyeon's back as he was protecting me. 

 

"Now you're HIDING in my son's back!!! Taec, do you know what that snake is doing when you're not around." Taec's mom is still mad  

 

"I don't know what you're saying but will you JUST GO! You're making me SICK!" Taecyeon said to his mom.

 

"You shouldn't side that woman. She's just toying you. I saw it with my very own eyes. I quickly remembered as I saw her here. She was the same girl I saw on the restaurant days ago. She has a relationship with another man. I saw how they were. They don't look like friends." she explained but still the power in her voice was weakening me

 

I can't face his mom anymore. I'm too scared. All I can do is just to hide on Taecyeon's back and let him protect me.

 

"What made you so sure?" Taec questioned her

 

I know Taec knows what his mom was talking about. It was the day I had gone out on a date with Khun.

 

"I know it's her. We even bumped each other on the way to the ladies' room. Even if I'm getting older, I have a sharp memory. I saw her with this man. She was just a table apart from me and my friends table." his mom explained.

 

"I don't care what you're saying. I trust Yoona and I love her. If you're not going to leave then we're the ones who's gonna leave." Taecyeon then accompanied me as we walk outside and then entered the car.

 

As we got inside the car, Taecyeon then instructed the chaffeur Mr. Park to lead us back to our house. I was still crying in the car and I just let my tears fall while I rest my head on Taec's shoulder.

 


 

We soon arrived in our house and I have already stopped I crying. I was really scared of his mom. Just her presence gives me chills, it's more when she starts to speak, and it's really weakening when she starts to get mad. That was really the first time I felt so scared like that. 

 

"Are you okay now?" he asked me as we entered.

"I'm fine now. Don't worry." I told him

"Are you sure?"

"I just remembered now. I think we really bumped each other that day when I was going to the ladies' room."

"I'm sorry that she treated you that way. If I had known that she was there, we shouldn't have gone there."

"No. I should be the one who's sorry. I made troubles for you. You even had a fight with your mom. I'm really sorry." I bowed down as I apologized

"No. You shouldn't be. She's really like that. I'm really not on good terms with her."

"Why are you not calling her omma?"

"Because she never became one."

"But why? You shouldn't say that. She's still your mom."

"She never cared about me."

"Yes she does. She cares for you. That's why she was mad at me because she saw me with Khun."

"Let's not talk about her anymore. Get yourself changed first, I'll go change my clothes right after you."

 

***************************end of POV******************************

 


 

They were eating their dinner and still Yoona is thinking about the incident in the Ok mansion.

 

Taec saw how Yoona was distracted because she was just staring the thin air and haven't even half-finished her food.

 

"Are you still thinking about earlier?" Taec asked her

"Uh..."

"I told you, FORGET ABOUT IT."

"Gomapseumnida"

"What for?"

"For protecting me."

"That's nothing."

"No. It's not just nothing. It's something. Again, Thank you." Yoona gave her thanks again

 

Taecyeon just looked at her then he continued eating.

 

"I want to ask you something, Taec." she asked him

 

Taecyeon then put his gaze on her.

 

"Why did you side with me? What made you fight for me? You could've chosen your mother's side. What she's saying is right anyway. She really did saw me that day."

"I did that because you needed me." Taec answered

"I'm both happy and sad. Happy that I know that I can trust you and sad that you have to be in a fight with your mom."

"I'm happy that you're giving your trust to me but don't be sad just the fact that I had a fight with her."

"She's your mother. She's not just anybody. I'm kinda jealous that you're mother is there for you."

"WHAT? SHE NEVER WAS."

"You're lucky that you have a mother."

"It's not."

"How I wish I have even seen my mother just for once."

"Why is she already...."

"No. She's still alive. It's just that she left me and dad when I was still at a vey young age. Maybe I was just a year old as she left. That's why I can't remeber what she looks like but thanks to photography. I have a phto of her, it was handed to me by appa. This is the only photo I have of her." Yoona then showed a photo from her wallet

"Why is there only one left?"

"Well, the apartment we stayed before. I was just maybe two or three years of age. The apartment was on fire so everything was just ashes."

 

Taecyeon saw that somehow this reminiscing of Yoona about her mother madeher feel lonely and sad.

 

"You know what? Why don't we try to locate her."

"Appa and I already did that but it's really hard."

"Don't say that. She's still alive. Even if she's somewhere here in South Korea or even otuside Korea, I'm sure she'll be found. Can I see the picture?"

 

 Yoona handed him the picture of her mom.

 

"Can I borrow this picture of your mom for awhile?"

"Why?"

"I'm going to hire someone who can find her for us. I think it's easier to find her if we hire excellent investigators or people who is able to find her."

"But that would cause a lot of money." Yoona was hesitating of Taec's offer

"Don't worry about the money. Money can be earned." 

"Gomawo"

 

Taecyeon then put the photo in his pocket.

 

"I promise we'll find her." 

 

 


 

Two days have passed since Yoona last saw Taecyeon's mom. Yoona was about to go home, sudddenly Nichkhun was beside her.

 

"Oh, Khun!" Yoona greeted him together with a smile

 

Nichkun responded with a warm smile.

 

"Yoona, can you accompany me for awhile?" Nichkhun asked

"Sure, I have a lot of spare time."

"I need to buy something for my brother and sisters. I'm going to send it outside South Korea afterwards."

 

Nichkhun and Yoona then went to different plces to find these things that Khun needed for his siblings.

 

As they were walking and finished to buy all the things Nichkhun needed, Yoona stopped and saw something she didn't expect. Nichkhun wondered why Yoona stopped from their walk and he put his gaze to what Yoona was looking at.

 

Nichkhun's POV

 

I can sense that Yoona is somehow getting nervous. Then the woman that Yoona is staring at continued to walk, passing us by.

 

As the woman was gone, I quickly turned my attention on Yoona an asked her, "Do you know that woman?"

 

"Khun, I think I should go the other way."

"Is there something wrong Yoong?" I asked worriedly

 

Yoona then left me there. I was really worried and also confused on what just happened. How did Yoona know her or how did she know Yoona?

 

Yoona's POV

 

I was trying to follow Taecyeon's mom. What should I do now? She saw me again with Khun. I called for her, "Mrs. Baek, WAIT."