Calming Tides.

(Love and Debt)

 

 


 

Each passing day, Yoona feels more annoyed to Taecyeon as she always see him in some of her classes and also during her free time because Yuri always ask her boyfriend to sit with them. 

"Why is this happening to me? Why should he be always with us? Good thing he's not here today" Yoona said to herself.

"Yoona, are you alright?" Yuri saw the weird atmosphere enveloping Yoona.

"Oh. Its nothing. I was just thinking about something, ah.. lessons." Yoona answered.

"Is that it? Oh well, Yoona don't stress yourself much with studies, okay?" Yuri replied.

"Thanks for the concern Yuri but don't worry, Im fine." Yoona told her.

"Oh Yuri unnie, where is Taec by the way? I  havent seen him anywhere today with you." Seohyun asked

"I really don't know. I've been trying to call him, Ive even texted him but it looks like his phone is turned off." Yuri replied

"Why don't you try calling his parents? Maybe they know what happened to Taecyeon-ssi." Seohyun told Yuri.

"I actually can't do that." Yuri answered.

"Why? Is there a problem or what?" Seohyun asked curiously

"Actually, I don't even know Taec oppa's parents. I haven't even met them and oppa doesn't talk about them. I tried to ask him once but he changed the topic, I don't know if there's a problem or anything with his family but since then I never even dared again to ask about them. I actually want to know who they really are, I want Taec oppa to introduce them to me by himself." Yuri stated to them.

"That's sad. Why didn't he talk about his parents with you?" Seohyun asked Yuri again

"I told you. I don't know. Oh wait. Girls, I'll be leaving Seoul tommorow, harabeoji eagerly asked for me to pay him a visit and he doesn't take no for an answer, well I might not see you girls for days." Yuri stated to the both of them.

"You'll be leaving this Sunday but I thought we're gonna hang out, the three of us." Seohyun protested.

"Well let's do it sometime later, I actually have things to be done, I need to study for the upcoming quzzes. They all pile up this monday." Yoona told them.

"Well good luck on that." Yuri said

"Okay. Let's set it on some other time." Seohyun added.

 

The three of them went on each of their classes and went home after. Yoona's friends doesn't still know about the whole incident about her life, that she is going to be married to an unknown guy who is the son of his dad's creditor and that she lives now in a mansion. Even if Yoona lives there for weeks, she still feels the awkward atmosphere in there. She haven't yet asked the name of his dad's creditor and the name of his son that she'll marry. Whenever she sees his father creditor, Yoona doesn't fail to greet him, she just calls him Mister. Yoona is somehow grateful that his fathers creditor is not that bad as she thought at first but actaually he was like a father to her even if they just met weeks ago because it always ask her how's her day whenever they meet, he always ask her to join him when the food is already on the table, and always ask her if she needs something, he even gives Yoona some allowance money.

 

Yoona is now on her room studying and then she heard a knock.

"Miss Im, dinner is already served. The master is already asking for you to come down." the maid told her.

"Okay. I'll be down in a minute." Yoona then went down.

 

As Yoona went down to the dining room, she saw the man on the table talking with his phone.

 

"Alright. Are you sure you're fine? Okay. Be careful. I'll hang up the phone now. Bye." the man ended the call and put his phone on his pocket.

Yoona then sat down on her chair and looked at the man.

"What's wrong? Yoona, is there any problem?" the man asked.

"Ah, nothing. Is that your son?" Yoona asked

"The one I'm talking to? Yes, it's him." the man replied.

"Ah." Yoona uttered.

"Well. Let's eat already." the man said to Yoona

 

It was Sunday morning, Yoona checked her phone for messages whenever she wakes up and what she saw was a bunch of missed calls and it was all from Yuri. Yoona's phone rang and she answered the call.

 

"Yuri? What's happenning? What's with all the calls?" 

"Yoona. I'm worried about Taec. He still haven't responded to any of my calls or messages"

"Yuri, don't worry too much. It's just two days have passed. You're like overreacting.

"I just can't do nothing."

"So what are you gonna do? You can't just ditch your grandpa and go to Taec."

"Maybe.Hmmmmm.......... Maybe I can............................... I can send someone to find out how's he doing. Yes, that's right. What a brilliant idea."

"Oh NO.  Oh no you don't. No no no no no no. I know what you're thinking. No you can't think like that. I have to study you know. I'm busy here. Just ask somebody else"

"Yoona please. PLEASE can I ask this favor to you"

"NO! It's a big nono"

"But Yoona"

"Damn it Yuri! My mind won't change. It's a no"

"Yoona, I'm begging you. I can't just ask Seohyun, I know she can't and won't help me with this"

"You're right. Seo wouldn't help same as I"

"No. Yoona please. Just this one. I would be eternally grateful if you could just know what Taec's doing, if he's fine or what and then tell me what's happening. Please Yoona. It would just only take minutes or maybe an hour of yours. It's not that big of what I'm asking you. I just want you to check if he's okay. Please Yoona PLEEEEEAAASE"

"FINE!!!! You owe me big on this. Okay. I'll just check if he's okay then I'll leave right away."

"Yes. Thank you very much Yoona. I know you would do this for me. hihihihih"

"Well, bye. I'll check up on him right away."

"Okay Bye Yoona. I'll send you a message of his address"

 

Yoona took a shower, put on some clothes, fixed herself, went downstairs for breakfast and she's ready to go.

 

As she arrived on the address given to, she saw a large condo building and looks very classy.

 

"Looks like this is the place. It suits him." Yoona said before she entered the building

 

Yoona went inside the elevator.

"I can do this. Stay calm Yoona. All you have to do is knock and if that guy is okay, you can leave." Yoona told to calm and prepare herself.

 

As she was on the floor where Taec's unit is, she went out and slowly walks. She was now in front of the door and nervous if she should do this or not. Taecyeon and Yoona are not in good terms, they dont like each other's character.

 

"Should I continue this. I think I shouldn't." Yoona turned her back on the door but soon faced the door.

 

"I can do this. Yoona just knock and if he opens the door and looking fine then you're ready to leave. Very simple Yoona. Knock, see, then leave. That's right I can do this."

 

Yoona was about to knock and then she heard something broken, fragile things like a  jar which fell. Yoona then grabbed the doorknob and was somewhat surprised that it's not locked. She went inside and looked for Taecyeon, she was then lead by her feet into the kitchen and saw something which really shocked her, Taec making out with another girl. She saw them kissing. Yoona can't recognize who the girl is because she's facing her back. The girl felt the presence of a person looking at her so she looked behind and smiled at Yoona.

 

"Taec, looks like you've got company."  the girl then gazed at Taec who still had his eyes closed.

"What do you mean, Fany?" Taec said to the girl.

 

Taecyeon opened his eyes and was really surprised to see Yoona inside his unit.

 

"What the hell! What are you doing here?" Taec said and covered his eyes with his hands

"Taec, I think I better go now. Let's continue later from where we stopped." Tiffany winked at Taecyeon before she left.

 

Before Tiffany was about to leave, Yoona grabbed her by the wrist and looked seriously straight into her eyes.

 

"What is it?" Tiffany asked Yoona who is still holding her wrist

"Don't you know that he's already taken." Yoona said in a cold tone to Tiffany

"Don't worry. I'm not taking him from you. I'm just having a little fun but it looks like it's over. A word of advice keep him on a leash so he won't wander anywhere else. Take care" Tiffany told her

 

Yoona was about to say that sh'e not his girlfriend but Tiffany already left. So the two of them were the only people in there. Yoona went closer to Taec and leaned her face closer and stared at Taec's eyes.

 

"What are you doing? You're acting weird again. And why the hell are you here?" Taec said while Yoona's face is just inches away from his.

 

"You really are like most guys. dog." Yoona said and she turned around can't believe what she saw right before her eyes when she went in.

 

"How could you do this you FOOL! How dare YOU!!! What could happen? I'm sure Yuri will be really shocked of what I saw. Should I tell Yuri? But Yuri will be like shattered into pieces, she'll feel hurt if Ill tell her. OMG. You foolish guy. How dare you cheat on my friend" Yoona was shouting inside her head and she pounded on the kitchen countertop.

 

"Aren't you going to say anything? Like planning to apologize or maybe threaten me to not to tell Yuri. I'm gonna be barbaric any minute by now. Hey aren't...." Yoona    turned around and was about to see Taec and he didn't saw him there but when she looked down her, she saw Taecyeon lying on the floor.

 

"Taec, the fainting act won't work on me. You can't fool me with these childish acts so get up." Yoona said to Taec and even kicked him lightly but Yoona somehow realized that this may not be any act anymore so Yoona lean down and checked on him. When her hands touched him, she felt the hot temperature. She even shook his body. "Taec, can you stand up." 

 

Yoona has no other choice but to bring him to his room. She first located his room and then went back to Taec. She tried to lift him up but he's kinda heavy for Yoona.

 

"How am I gonna bring you to your room? " Yoona said

 

Yoona dragged as in pulled Taec until they reach the bedroom and pushed him up to his bed. She went to the bathroom and looked for a thermometer and drugs in the medicine cabinet. 

 

"My! You're sick and you have the guts to bring women" she told the unconscious Taecyeon

 

She went to get an ice pack on Taec and placed it on his forehead. Yoona took care of him during the whole day. His fever was gone for an hour then went up again so she decided to stay during the night.

 

"It's cold" Taec said, eyes closed

 

"What should I do? I can't cover you up with a pile of blankets because it will just cause your fever to increase." Yoona said

 

"Cold. Cold."

 

"Ughhh...." Yoona uttered

 

Yoona lied on the bed beside Taec and covered her arms around him.

 

"Well I hope this will make you won't feel the coldness a bit. Damn Yuri, now I have to do this" Yoona said before she completely sleep beside him

 


 

Taecyeon is already half awake but still eyes are closed. He is somehow bothered by the feeling that something is beside him. He moved his hand to reach what is on his side and he grabbed something soft, it felt like women's so he quickly removed his hands. His eyes are now wide opened and he turned his head on his side and a face was inches away from his face. 

 

"Yoona? What is she doing here?" Taec thought as she was staring at Yoona's face.

 

Taecyeon got up from his bed slowly to avoid waking up Yoona. He noticed the things in his room, an icepack and a small towel, a thermometer, and some medicines.

 

"Oh yeah, she did took care of me." can't believe that she actually took care of him.

 

Taec then went out of his room then to the kitchen.

 

As Taecyeon was in the kitchen, Yoona began to wake up. She sat on the bed and realized that Taec is no longer on bed  so she went out the room and found Taec. She found Taec chopping some ingredients.

 

"Good morning." Taec greeted her 

"Are you cooking?" Yoona asked Taec

"What else does it look like?"

"Aren't you going to thank me?"

"Thanks." it was kinda awkward for him to tell her

" Good thing I know how to take care of sick people." Yoona bragged

 

Yoona walked and went next to him. She was just observing Taec as he was putting some ingredients in the pan and continued chopping other ingredients. Taecyeon was somehow uncomfortable of Yoona beside him, watching him. Taec turned his head and looked at Yoona then he accidentaly cut himself.

 

"Taec, you're finger. It's bleeding." Yoona said as he noticed Taec's finger with a cut

"It's nothing it's just a cut. Nothing to worry about." Taec said to Yoona while holding his finger.

 

Yoona then grabbed his bleeding finger and put it in .

 

"What are you doing?" Taec asked and was trying to pull his finger.

"Don't move. I'll it so the bleeding would immediately stop." Yoona said.

"And where did you get that idea? Are you a vampire or something?" Taec asked

 

Yoona removed his finger and then she noticed his ears.

 

"I just noticed by now. You're ears are quite big. Oh my! They're red." Yoona exclaimed

 

Taecyeon immediately covered both of his ears with his hands. "Hey stop looking!" Taecyeon blurted out

 

"Okay. Okay. I won't look at your big ears. Anyway, I'll get some things to treat your wound." Yoona said and smiled at Taec.

 

Taec continued his cooking until Yoona came back to treat his wounded finger. After putting some bandage on Taec's finger, he finished his cooking and served the food.

 

"Not bad. I didn't know you can be good in these kind of things." Yoona praised Taec

"Well thank you. It's not that much, wait 'till you see and taste more of my cooking." Taec boasted

"Don't be so confident Mr. Ok!" Yoona exclaimed

 

After they finished eating, Yoona began to realize that today was Monday and she has classes.

 

"OMG! What time is it? It's Monday, right? Now, I'm screwed." Yoona said to herself.

" You still have you're other classes left. So are you just going to whine there all day or are you gonna go now?" Taec told her

"Yeah right. I can't do anything to my missed classes, I'll just have to attend my next classes. So I'll go now. Oh wait, how about you, aren't you going?" Yoona said

"Nope. I'd better rest." Taec replied

"Sure? Well, I'll go now." Yoona said

 

Yoona was about to leave then Taecyeon asked her something.

 

"So does this means we're already good. Like we're FRIENDS." Taec stated and was kinda shy.

"I don't think so. Don't get full of yourself. You're thinking we're friends right away." Yoona replied

"So you won't tell Yuri about yesterday?" Taec asked her

"You're lucky I won't tell her but I'll keep an eye on you, you ingrate. REMEMBER I'M WATCHING YOU and hey don't tell anyone that I stayed here for a night, people might think of malicious things and I dont want any of that to happen, do you?" Yoona said

"Neither do I. I don't want to be rumored with you. Well, you better hurry. See you tomorrow then." Taec smiled at her

"Oh yeah. See you then." Yoona was feeling awkward with the smile and off she went.

 


 

Me: I wrote this years ago and I'm making changes now that I'm back. Made slight changes with some of their lines again.