Flipped.

(Love and Debt)

 


 

It's just like any ordinary day for Yoona, going to the university, class after another class, chat with friends, their so called girl talk, and after a long day she goes straight home but she's wrong. This day would be the start of a great change in her life. 

 

She unlock the door and went inside. "Appa!!!! Appaaa!!! I'm home. I've bought some food for us!!! It's your favorite!!!", she exclaimed. She seems to recognize the unfamiliar deep silence in their house. Whenever she arrives, her dad is always at home but today she searched for him everywhere in the house but her dad is nowhere to be found. There rented apartment house is kinda small that it's just very easy to look around, there's almost a few space left "Maybe he went outside" she told herself. She then went to sit because of the exhaustion from the biking she takes each day. She usually takes her bike wheneve she goes to the university or somewhere else unlike her friends who has cars and like each of them almost have their own chaffeur. As she sat, she saw a paper in the table. She immediately grabbed it and read it.

 


 

Dear Yoona,

                       Have you had your dinner already? Make sure you won't skip your dinner. I won't be at home today. I mean I won't see you today and matbe for the following weeks, months or maybe even years.

 

Yoona then stopped reading and reached for her phone in her pocket and dialed her dad's number. She continued in calling and calling him again but she cannot contact him. " Appa, where are you now?" she said. She continued to read the letter.

 

....................Yoona, don't try to call me because I purposely changed my number so you can no longer contact me.................

 

" Appa, you're making me worried" she said after reading that part and she continued again to read.

 

.................... Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I'm sorry my daughter. It's like I sold you, my only daughter........................

 

"What are you talking about?" she said.

 

...............................................................................................I know this will be a total shock for you but I have already agreed and even signed papers that I'm agreeing that you'll marry his son................................................................................

 

"I don't understand. What are you saying?" she commented like she's actually talking to her dad now.

 

............................... I don't know how to pay up all that money. If I can't pay the money, he'll send me to jail but he thought of another idea, he said that if I can't pay, how about if I'll make you marry his son, it's like you're going to be the payment for my debt. At first, I disagreed for I think that marriage shouldn't be like this but as days pass, I don't know what else to do in order to pay that large amount of money so I was forced to agree and signed the papers. Yoona, my daughter FORGIVE ME...................................................................................

 

"Appa, why didn't you tell me about this before?" she said

 

...................................You know that we're not that fortunate. My daughter I'm sorry for like selling you. It really hurts me to come up with this decision. I'm really sorry that you'll be forced to marry a guy you don't even know about. A forced arranged marriage for my daughter. Sorry..................................................................

 

" Appa, you shouldn't have leave. I wouldn't be mad at you. If this is your decision then I couldn't do anything else about it or maybe I could do something. Ughh... Whatever. Appa, please come back.Her" she said

 

.............................................. but don't worry if I ever got a chance to earn a lot of money to pay up the whole sum of my debt, I'll comeback and take you from them but for now I won't be seeing you 'till I find a way to end this problem I made.

 

"Is that all of it?" she asked herself then she looked at the back page of  the paper and there is still a message.

 

........................ Yoona, his men are coming today to take you but don't worry they won't hurt you. Goodbye my lovely beautiful princess. I'll see you again I HOPE.....................

 


 

After Yoona had finished reading the letter made by her dad. A series of knocks on the door she heard. Yoona was somehow nervous of what kind of people is she going to face. She toughen up herself and opened the door. As she open, there were three guys wearing black suits, black hats and sunglasses were standing in front of their doorway.

 

" Are you Ms. Im?" one of the guys in black suits, black hats, and sunglasses asked her. " Isn't it hard to see your way if you're wearing sunglasses at the middle of the night" Yoona asked the guys. One of the guys in black took out a picture in his pocket. "It's her." one of guys in black told the others. "You need to come with us". The two guys hold on each of her arm and brought her inside a car. She was in between the two guys while the other one is driving. "Where are you taking me?" she asked the guys in black. "To our boss" the guy on her left answered.

 


 

The car stopped in front of a really tall gate. "Where are we?" she asked. "We're here" one of the guys in black said. The gates opened and the car went inside. The car stopped again in front of a huge mansion. " What is this place?" she asked as she went outside the car. She was then lead inside and they put her to a really large room filled with so many books looking like a library. " Wait here, Miss." a guy on the black said and they all soon left. Only yoona was the one in that room. "What a really huge place. Where am I really?" she asked herself. She waited for about half an hour but she's only the one in the room then a man entered the room. Yoona looked at the man from head to toe. "From his looks. It looks like he's got a lot of money." she thought.

 

"Did I make you wait for long Ms. Im?" the filthy rich man asked her politely.

"No. Not at all." she replied.

"You're really beautiful from your looks on your photos but I didn't expect you to be really this beautiful, now that your in front of me.Your name is Yoona if I'm not mistaken." the filthy rich man told her.

"Yes it is." Yoona responded.

"Can I call you Yoona? If it is alright for you." the filthy rich man questioned.

Yoona didn't answer back and just look on her surrounding.

"So Yoona, do you know why you're here?" the filthy rich man asked

Yoona just gave him a look indicating the pain that she feels right now.

"So you know and about your father.........." the filthy richman was speaking but Yoona cut his talking

"I know that I'm the exchange for the money. I won't run away, don't worry." Yoona told the man with a bit of anger in her voice.

"Why don't you stay here? Live here for awhile. I can't let a girl live alone in an unsecured place. I know that your father has left and is hiding. So stay here. Your gonna be part of my family soon so I need to take care of you. So you'll stay?" the filthy richman spoke.

"Thank you for your kindness but I can't. Don't worry I won't be running. I won't run and hide just like appa did." Yoona replied.

"I know you wouldn't try to. What I care for now is your safety young woman." the filthy rich man insisted.

"Looks like I can't decline your offer, right?" Yoona asked.

The filthy rich man just smiled at her and Yoona gave him a smile too.

 


 

After that conversation with that man, they had already come up with an agreement. Yoona is now gonna move to that mansion to live but she can still live her normal life as an average university girl like it's always been. Yoona is always requested to take the car given to her but she insisted on not to take it, not that she couldn't drive but she doesn't like it that people in the university might notice something in her, a change in her because her classmates and friends know that she doesn't posses a life like them. Yoona just wants to retain that humble life of hers.

 


 

The next day after the talk with the her father's creditor she continued her life as a normal university student.

Meanwhile as Yoona was taking her way to the university, the filthy rich man is having a conversation on his phone.

" So you're back." the filthy rich man said

"Yes. I'm back Dad so....." the person on the other line said.

" As I said if you'll not agree to this marriage I will take all your inheritance away but you're here now and...." the filthy rich man told on the other line

"I can't lose that lot of money and besides all I have to do is marry that woman, right?" the person on the other line asked.

"Yes. It's your only way." the filthy rich man replied.

"I won't be staying in that house, I don't want to see that face of the woman which my right to the inheritance lies into. Who is she anyway?" the person on the other line said

"Why don't you come here and see for yourself and know her." the filthy rich man said teasingly

"You're funny dad. You're going to make me marry somebody I don't know anything about even her name I don't have a single clue." the person on the other line replied

"Do you think you have any choice?"the filthy rich man said jokingly.

"Dad. I'll hang up the phone now. I'm going to ride the cab now. I'll stay on the condo by the way. I'll call some other time. Bye." the person on the other line said.

"Bye. Oh. Don't forget about your class tommorow. I have you already enrolled in a university. I'll have all the things you needed delivered by today in your condo. Okay. Bye." the filthy rich man said before he hang up the phone.

 


 

This day was like just the normal days of Yoona just the difference is that she's staying in a mansion and she's obliged to get married to someone she doesn't even know in name.