7/...

leobin vampire au

Hongbin spent the day at Taekwoon’s place. He was caged between Taekwoon’s strong arms. He lazily drew a pattern on Taekwoon’s palm, indicating that he was bored. Taekwoon sensed it and he kissed the back of Hongbin’s neck lovingly.

“want to do something?”

“Hmm.. I don’t know” Hongbin thought for a moment, “Can I go explore this big house of yours?” he gazed and blinked at Taekwoon cutely. Taekwoon chuckled before he pecked him on the lips.

“Sure, Bin-ah. Want me to show you around?”

Hongbin nodded enthusiastically and jumped off of the bed.

Taekwoon showed him around, the kitchen, library, storage room, Hongbin gaped when Taekwoon showed him his wine collection. And in the end, taekwoon brought him to his private room on the base ground.

“This was my favorite room before we met. i always stay here, days and nights so I just want to show you this.” He opened that old door revealing all of his late spouse’s things, like his jewelries, paintings, clothes and also their love poems. Taekwoon glanced at Hongbin and gestured him to come inside.

Hongbin’s eyes focused on the huge painting in front of him. The young man on that painting really looked like him. The only difference between them was only their hair. That young man looked so handsome and bright with his dimpled smile, just like his.

“That’s him. I…. I painted him after he died. I put a lot effort into it. Whenever I miss him, I always stay here and stared at my painting and then all of those old memories would flood in my mind. I always thought that he was here with me, talking to me through my mind. I know, it was just my delusion. But… I was still in disbelief that he’s already dead. Sometimes, I wonder that I was the cause that he was killed. If only I didn’t… drink all of… that boy’s blood… maybe…. Maybe…. H-he would still alive.” Taekwoon looked so old when he told his sad story, and looked tired.

Hongbin knew how Taekwoon must felt. He didn’t what to do so he just stood there awkwardly.

“Ah, I’m so sorry Bin-ah. I didn’t mean to tell that, but.. I just can’t help myself”

Hongbin smiled reassuringly, “It’s fine Taekwoon-ah. You can always talk to me if you need to”

Taekwoon nodded, he suddenly took something from the desk near Hongbin and then offered Hongbin to open the box. Hongbin looked at the box with arched brows and asked Taekwoon with his confused expression.

“Just open it”

And he opened it.

He gasped seeing a dark blue diamond ring inside it.

“Wh-what’s this?”

“It’s a ring Bin-ah.” Said Taekwoon as he rolled his eyes, “Well, it was his ring”

“A-and?”

“I want you to wear it”

Hongbin looked up shockingly. “Wh-what? N-no!! are you crazy? What if he’d come to get it and kill me in my sleep?!!”

Taekwoon didn’t answer, he only stared at him with his pleading eyes.

“I won’t take it Taekwoon-ah! I said I won’t!”

“But, this will suit you. Just like him”

Hongbin stared at him in disbelief, then he realized, “Oh? So… so you never truly love me, don’t you? You still stuck in your past, and this is just a coincidence that you met me, that I look alike with your Hongbin, isn’t it? You never loved me, you only thought that I was you late spouse, don’t you?”

Taekwoon didn’t answer, he had his stoic face.

“That’s it! That’s enough! I’m done! We’re done! You never loved me! Why don’t you just go wake up your Hongbin and put the ring on his instead of telling me to wear what’s not mine.” He stormed off the room with his glassy eyes. He bumped on someone’s hard chest and mumbled sorry to him then gone.

“What have you done?” asked Hakyeon who was looking at Taekwoon with confused look.

Taekwoon slowly closed the lid and put the box back on the desk. He looked up to see his painting but found it frowned at him, or it was only his hallucination.

 

 

 

 

Hongbin finally arrived home from a long walk with his puffy red eyes.

“What happened? Bin-ah? Bin-ah? What happened?” asked his grandpa as he followed Hongbin to his room.

“No, grandpa. Please, leave me alone.” He slammed the door but forgot to lock it.

 “No. you have to tell me! Did someone hit you or what?”

“It’s nothing grandpa” Hongbin threw himself on the bed and hugged his pillow, his heart still ached so much.

“What is it? Are you fighting with your boyfriend?”

“He’s not my boyfriend anymore. He’s a jerk”

His grandpa chuckled, “ I thought that I’ll meet my grandson’s favorite person later but.. I guess not”

Hongbin huffed irritated.

“Fine, I’ll be preparing our dinner then”

Hongbin waited until his grandpa closed the door then crying his heart out.

 

 

 

 

“So you asked him to wear Hongbin’s ring? Are you out of your mind?”

“What? I only asked him that”

Hakyeon shook his head, “of course he thought that you never loved the way he is. He is right Taekwoon-ah, you’re still stuck with your past. Wake up! Hongbin, I mean him” He pointed to the painting, “he’s already dead! And yeah, this is a coincidence that you met hongbin” he pointed to other direction, “with the same looks as his!” he pointed to the painting, again.

“But I…. I don’t know Hakyeon-ah, I’m… I’m confused”

“Do you really love Hongbin?”

“Which Hongbin?”

Hakyeon clicked his tongue in annoyance, “of course the human Hongbin!”

“Of course!”

“You seemed unsure answering that”

Taekwoon was deep in his thoughts.

“they might have the same looks and name, but they are different!”

Taekwoon sighed, “what should I do now? Of course I love Hongbin, I mean, the human Hongbin. But, you see how he reacted right? He thought that I only see him as my late spouse, he now doesn’t believe me anymore.”

“first, you have to get out from your past! Try to convince yourself that our vampire Hongbin, is already dead. And now you only love the human Hongbin. And, don’t try asking Hongbin to wear your late spouse’s things. it only making him thought that you still stuck in your past. Just try to learn more about Hongbin.”

Taekwoon nodded, he kept replaying in his head that he loves the human Hongbin.

“By the way, I thought that you hate Hongbin. What make you change your mind so suddenly?”

Hakyeon smiled, “because I have a good feeling about this.”

 

 

 

 

 

Hongbin walked downstairs lazily with his head down and his sullen expression. He slowly sat on the chair and didn’t answer his grandpa’s greeting. He only stared blankly at his untouched food.

“eat Bin-ah, or you’ll get sick”

Hongbin didn’t budge. His grandpa put a glass of hot milk in front of him and told him to drink it.

“at least drink this, then you may go to sleep”

Hongbin nodded, he slowly lift the glass towards his mouth and drank it. After he finished,

“Now you may go to sleep, and forget him. You’ll wake up with your new memory. No more vampires in your life I’ll assure you. They won’t hurt you because I’ve give you the protection and it’s in your body. You’ll be safe my precious Bin-ah. We will together kill those filth creatures. Especially their leader“

Hongbin nodded unconsciously, his eyes went blank, it was like something was taking over his body.