Chapter 14

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Recommendation: Butterfly - BTS

Jungkook. 

I woke up in the morning feeling better then I'd felt in a while. I looked across my room to see Namjoon's bed empty. I decided to go investigate where he might be, and found most of the members sitting around the table eating, everyone was there besides Seokjin. I sat down in my usual spot at the table and started to munch on some of the food. 

"Where's Seokjin-hyung?" I asked. Everyone's eyes snapped towards me and each with a shocked expression, like they're just wtinessed pigs fly. 

"KOOKIE!" Taehyung yelled and jumped onto me, nearly toppling the chair over. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Jimin decided it would be a good idea to join in the dog pile, but this time causing us all to fall off the edge of the chair onto the cold hard floor. 

I let out a groan of pain upon impact on the ground and tried shoving the two idiots off me. "What's wrong with you guys!" I squawked. They both looked at me with huge smiles on their faces and simultaneously replied with nothing. 

Once I managed to get them off me, Hoseok smacked me on the back of my head, I turned to glare at him and only got a wink in response. I may be the youngest here, but I swear those three acted five sometimes. "Seokjin's been practicing since he finished his breakfast." Yoongi replied chuckling a little at my misery. 

He's still working hard. I continued to each my food, while occasionally fending for my life against the three idiots. 

It was time for all of us to get ready to go to the venue to do a sound check before the award show started. I still hadn't seen Seokjin and honestly I was a little worried he had been in the dance practice room this whole time, I wanted to go and check on him so many times, but I thought it would be best to give him some space. 

We had all gotten ready one by one, with our hair and make up perfectly styled along with our clothes. Seokjin was the last to finish getting ready. When we came out of the room, I felt my heart stop beating. After weeks of avoiding him, if was the first time I had looked at his face properly. He was beautiful, he seemed younger in some ways. Instead of getting older, Seokjin's features just got softer, more innocent, if someone who didn't know us was asked to pick the youngest, Seokjin would surely be chosen last. 

I was too awestruck for a couple of minutes, but soon concern spread through my mind. Although Seokjin was glowing, he looked a little thin and tired. At first I thought he may have practiced a lot, but the more I observed him, the more sloppy his action were, it looked like even walking was taking a large amount of effort for him. 

We eventually got to the venue and our timetable was packed, there wasn't a single free moment where I could go to him and make sure he was doing okay. After our rehersals, the award show soon started, filled with loud noises and performances. 

It felt like everything was going by in a flash, rather then paying attention to the performances, I paid more attention to Seokjin. We made eye contact a few times, each time leaving me a little breathless, but they only lasted a few seconds with Seokjin sparing me a small smile. 

I thought that after the ceremony was over we might have some quiet time together, boy was I wrong. I had almost forgotten about the after party all the groups and idols had after the Seoul Music Awards. I almost wanted to steal Seokjin away and keep him in the dorms with me, so we could have some quiet time together, but that wasn't the case. 

When we got to the dorm, it was a battle against time. Everyone went to their designated rooms and threw on some other clothes and rushed back downstairs to the cars. We were getting picked up by the Seventeen members, and I decided to ride the van with Jeonghan in it, along with Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok. 

I hadn't gotten a chance to see Seokjin since he hadn't come down before I left,and the fact that he rode the other van with Yoongi and Namjoon. The after party was held in a club, rented out by some of the record companies. It was strictly idols only, even staff members had to have permission to ender from the higher ups, and paparazzi were strictly prohibited on premesis. 

The club was crowded when when we got inside. Smoke and bright flashing lights crowding my vision, the loud music blaring in my eyes and the horrid stench of alcohol filling my nose. 

I hung around with the Seventeen members for a while, deciding to not get drunk tonight. I walked around the club with a soda in hand, trying to avoid girls with high heeled shoes and stumbling drunks. I passed by some of the EXO members and greeted them, having some conversations with a few of them. I was in the middle of listening to Chanyeol talk about a drama with Kyungsoo and Woozi, when in the distance behind Chanyeol I saw the man who haunted my thoughts, Seokjin.

I excused myself politely and made my way over to the back of the club. Seokjin was pressed up against Hyosang. I clenched my fist, trying to control my emotions. I never liked Hyosang that much, there was something about the way he looked at Seokjin that always made me keep my guard up. I knew they were friends but I never approved of it. 

I studied Seokjin's attire. I wanted to know which staff member let him leave the dorm looking like that. It was not okay. Leaning against the wall, Seokjin was wearing his iconic light pink coverse shoes, with a simple light pink top that slid down his shoulder every now and then, revealing more skin then necessary and last but not least, a pair of loose blue ripped jeans. 

Don't get me wrong he looked stunning but it wasn't just me who thought that. Every thing with a in this club thought that as well. Seokjin's ripped jeans had holes in all the right places.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter