Chapter 11

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Recommendation: Don't Go - EXO

Jungkook. 

I woke up with my head throbbing and when I reached up to touch my head, I felt a small sting on my knuckles. There was a cut there from last night, it triggered all the memories I'd forgotten about momentarily to flood into my mind. I took some deep breaths and squinted across the room and made out the outline of a body. Yoongi. 

I got out of bed and stretched my arms and legs, making my way towards the sleeping figure, feeling some guilt for barging in on him, forcing him to sleep on the couch for the night. I glanced up at the clock to see that it was nearly 7:00 in the morning, and if I remembered correctly our flight back to Seoul was at 1:00 in the afternoon. It would probably be a good idea to wake him up, since we have to pack and get ready to leave soon. 

"Yoongi-Hyung." I poked his shoulder lightly. "Hyung wake up." I kept trying to call him out, until he eventually smacked me in the face with his pillow and glared at me. Despite Yoongi's little outrage he placed his hand on my forehead. "At least your fever went down." He mumbled. 

Soon everyone was gathered up in the restaurant which was on the ground floor of the hotel, all our suitcases fully packed inside the van. Everyone seemed excited to be going back, even though there were more award shows to attend to, we'd have a few days to rest in between them. I've avoided looking at Seokjin or even being too close to him. There was unspeakable tension between us and all I wanted to do was run up to him, squeeze him tight and apologize for acting out last night. 

We were all sitting together on a circular table, everyone with their plates full of different types of food, wanting to stuff ourselves before being subjected to airplane food. It was a little quiet, but I guessed it was because everyone was just too immersed with eating in their own little world. It almost seemed peaceful. 

"Yah Seokjin!" Namjoon suddenly yelled.

"That's hyung to yo-" 

"What the hell is that on your wrist?" He demanded. I looked up from my plate to see what the yelling was all about, and for the first time that morning took a proper look at Seokjin. His eyes were a little puffy and some bags were visible under his eyes, I felt my heart crack a little, knowing that I was probably the cause of his unhappiness. 

My eyes lowered themselves down to Seokjin's wrist, his long sleeved shirt exposing his wrist a little. My heart stopped beating and the blood in my veins stopped flowing. Dark bruises covered his wrist like a tattoo inked onto his skin. All I could see was a mixture of blue, purple and green. 

By this point everyone at the table had stopped what they were doing and had their eyes narrowed at Seokjin. Everyone exhibiting concern clearly on their face. 

"Oh, last night Seokjin-Hyung and I were arm wrestling," Yoongi explained with a laugh, "We got a little bit too excited and he whacked his wrist on the bed leg." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter