Chapter 1

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Warning, one or two curse words.*

 

"Someday, someone's going to look at you like you're the best thing in the world."

---Hidden---

Lisa stirred awake not to the ringing of her alarm clock, but the loud sounds coming from her neighbors and the dogs barking.  She sleepily opened her eyes and checked her surrounding. It was still dark out and the moon shone brightly above her head, the stars twinkled brightly, and the sun still asleep. Not being able to go back to sleep she checked her phone for any new notifications.

From: Jisoo eunnie♥️

'Lisa, I'm sorry but could you come in earlier than your usual time tomorrow? Hyunshik's sick and no one seems to want to replace him. You're the only person I know who won't let me down. Jebal? I'll give you extra hours and a raise? Jebalyo... Please help me. I'm desperate.'

She smiled. Of course she would go! She needed this more than anyone! A raise meant she could finally replace her mother's worn out shoes, and maybe have enough to buy a new sweatshirt or something. She quickly replied back to her eunnie.

To: Jisoo eunnie♥️

'Of course I'll come eunnie! What time?"

Almost immediatly she got a reply, telling her to be their in 50 minutes. Lisa panicked a little. Just a little. "Ahh! I only have 50 minutes! I have to catch the bus, and waiting for the bus takes forever!" As she was panicking she could hear her step-dad cursing at her. "What the he*l is wrong with your daughter? F**king b***h! I'm trying to sleep here you sl*t!" So used to his antics she shrugged it off and without wasting another moment, she raced to the bathroom.

After a quick shower and a change of outfit she raced to make her mom and her husband their breakfast. She was running a little behind schedule but if she didn't make  breakfast for them, she knew her mother would suffer the wrath of her step-dad. "Okay, eggs, rice, and, coffee. Done." She quickly checked her watch and ran out the crummy door, which has yet to be fixed.

5:30 A.M, she arrived at the convenience store and got into her work attire. She looked around her workplace, it was so quiet and lonely, and had an eerie feeling to it without the customers and the workers around. Lisa did not waste a minute of her worktime as she began to sweep the floor, cleaned the messy tables, reorganized the snacks and magazines, and take out the trash. It's been 2 hours since she started working and yet no signs of customers anywhere. Usually they'd be flocked with high school students ready to mock her, or busy adults grabbing a snack on their way to work. 

But it didn't matter to Lisa. At least no one was there to call her names and at least she didn't have to reclean everything over again after people ate and didn't bother to clean up after themselves. Before she could take out her books and study for a while before school started she heard a footstep walking through the door. She straightened her shoulders and stood up straight. "Eoseo oseyo." Expecting a smile or a hand gesture, but all she got was the cold shoulder. 'Hmp. Rude.'

The man was dressed in all black, he was tall, his shoulders were wide, and he gave off a dark yet mysterious aura. She watched as he roamed around the shop without touching anything. Finally after what felt like eternity he spoke. "Get this for me." He pointed at the ramyeon pack. His voice was deep yet, not too deep. It carried a masculinity to it yet, held a childish side. It was rough yet, had a touch of softness to it. Never in her life had she heard of such a thing. Dumbfounded she wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter