Chapter 3

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"We were born to be real, not perfect."

--Human--

 

 

Lisa walked around with a small suitcase, a black bag on her back, and the sun shining brightly above her with no place of where to go in mind. Her feet trudged slowly across the uneven sidewalks, people passing by her roughly as if she wasn't human. No one paid attention to the scrawny young girl as they were too busy with their lives. Thinking about what happened earlier Lisa wanted to cry her eyes out. It was as if she had just lost her lifeline. But she didn't cry. She held it in as best as she could. She would not cry. Her mother made a decision and she would respect it. "Great. I don't have a place to go. Should I go to Jungkook's? Ani, his mother doesn't like me one bit. I wonder why." She sighed again for the hundreth time.

She took out her phone and began to dial a number. "I'm sorry, but the number you're calling is not available at this moment. Please leave a message at the beep." She pressed the end button and continued to walk around. She didn't want to bother her friends, they had their own lives too. And with her in the picture it would be hard. "Where should I go now?" Lisa muttered softly to herself. Maybe she should go to work early. "Ahh work. Now that I'm homeless how can I go to work or school?" Negative thoughts flooded her mind but she chose to not think about. Her mother used to say, "Lisa, don't you worry none. We'll cross that bridge when we come upon it."

The bells jingled above as she pushed the door open and went inside to the warm room with the smell of fresh baked cookies filled her nose. "Lisa? What are you doing here so early? Your shift doesn't begin till 6. What's with the suitcase? Are you planning to live here forever?" Her manager, Suho oppa joked. Lisa shook her head. "Ani oppa, I got kicked out." Suho frowned. "Anyways, can I work a little early? Please? I have no where else to go. You don't have to pay me extra, I'll work for fre--" 

"Nonsense. Come in Lisa." Suho invited her in and pulled her into his embrace. "Mianahe Lisa. Jinja mianhae. I wish I could do something to help." He whispered in her ears. She pulled out and looked at him with a smile. "By letting me work early you're already helping me out a lot oppa. Komawo." He nodded and helped her with her bag.

Lisa changed into her work attire and put on her apron and a smile on her face and greeted the customers. "Hello there. What would you like? At Dal Hae Café, everything is fresh and delicious!" Customers came in and out, ordering here and there. Lisa stretched her arms and rubbed her neck for they were extremely sore. "Lisa-ah, why don't you take a break? Let Minho be in the front for now." Suho told her in a worried voice. She nodded and thanked him.

They were eating ddeokbokki that Suho's sister, Saeron brought and talking like old friends. "Lisa-ah." He started out. She looked at him. "What are you going to do now? Where will you live? How will you live?" Lisa could see the sincereness in his eyes. She smiled and said, "Don't worry oppa. I'll figure something out." He hesitantly nodded his head before eating again when they heard a deep voice calling out to Suho. "Suho hyung!"

"I'm here!" They stood up and greeted the guy. Once she saw who it was she gasped. "Chanyeol ssi?" He smiled at her. "Lisa ssi! What are you doing here?" She smirked at him. "I work here duh. What are you doing here?" It was his turn to smirk at her. "I came to see Suho hyung duh." Suho looked at the two, clearly confused. "Wait, you two know each other?" They both nodded.

"So what are you here for Chanyeol-ah?" Suho sat down and took a bit of the delicious homemade rice cake. Chanyeol too took a bite before saying what he came for making Lisa giggle. "It's Sehun, hyung. He needs a caretaker for Vivi." Suho gave him a confused face. "But I thought he already found one." Chanyeol shook his head. "Mr.Lee's friend's daughter was good but you know Vivi, he didn't even let her pet him. Do you know of anyone possible for this? Please hyung. Sehun's ready to bit off my head." Suho shook his head sadly.

Lisa sat there listening to their conversation. 'This is a great oppertunity for me!' 

"Chanyeol ssi, can I try?" She asked in a shy quiet voice. "Huh? Try what?" She giggled at his confusion. "Being a caretaker. Can I try? I want to try." Suho understanding her situation vouched for her. "Yeah, let h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter