Chapter 7

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Embrace the glorious mess that you are."

--Elizabeth Gilbert--

 

 

 The hours passed rather quickly. Too fast if you asked her. The moon arose brightly as the sun disappeared into the shadows. By now Vivi had long gone to slumber, the workers quietly shuffling on their feet afraid to wake him. For Lisa, this moment seemed liked eternity. Why? The only person she trusted from her friends and Suho oppa weren't by her side. Instead, there was a good looking dude who thought too highly of himself and not a care about anyone else but him and his dog. Great. Just great. She huffed, her hair blowing to the side of her cheek as she laid back on the chair. She could walk but that would take too long. She could call her friends but then she'd feel bad because she'd be disturbing their sleep. Her only options were to wait for Chanyeol or heaven forbid, ask Sehun if she could stay the night.

What would she say? "Oh rich and handsome Master Sehun, please let me stay the night for me, your humble servant hath nowhere to go?" She could already imagine the way his lips would form a smirk and how he would never let her forget it. Lisa shook her head violently. That was not an option. Heaving another sigh, Lisa laid her head on her arm with nothing else in mind. Too tuned with self-pity her ears didn't pick up the click-clack of his shoes coming her way. "What are you still doing here? Your work here is done. Unless..." 

She rolled her eyes already knowing what he had in mind. "Don't you dare finish that sentence." It seemed the braver, rebel side of her took over as she forgot he was her boss. The person giving her the checks. Much to her surprise, he seemed amused. Probably since everyone was too intimidated by his cold features. "And what if I did? Are you going to slap me or did you forget that I'm writing your checks?" This time the much more sensible and rule-following side of her came back. She sheepishly looked up at him mumbling a sorry. "I didn't hear what you said. Would you mind repeating it again?" She didn't miss the mischievousness in his voice, something she thought he didn't possess. 

Restraining herself to roll her eyes out, this time with more diction in her voice, "I'm sorry." The git didn't even hear it as he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter