Misunderstand

Single Father Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The past seems to relive itself in your future"

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

"So . . .this is your dad?" Chanyeol's places his finger on his chin, eyeing me up and down. I nervously gulp and look towards the ground. 

"Yes. He's your friend?" Tae's put on his puppy face, making Chanyeol seem a lot more calmer than earlier. Right now, we're just awkwardly sitting across from each other.

"Your father . . . ," he puts a sinister smile and chuckles fakely. "He used to be so scawny and a big nerd. I don't know why he left you".

"A-ah no!" Tae blurts out. "I have two dads and he's the one who didn't leave me".

"W-what?" Chanyeol's eyebrows creases and he looks into my eyes. "He's the one who didn't leave you"

"Mommy said my real dad is in college right now and he's so cool," Tae flashes a adorable smile at me. "This dad won't leave me".

"Pffft. He better not," He then gets up and dusts himself. "Well, I'm calm now. But Tae, let me talk to your father alone". Tae reluctantly goes off and plays with the toys.

 

"Byun Baekhyun . . .haven't seen you since freshman year," He still looks he hates me. Yes, this guy . . . used to be my best friend. After my big break, I left my biochemistry class and joined where all the jocks had their majors at. 

"Yeah . . .it's been awhile. I changed . . .," I didn't want to look into his eyes. "I'm sorry . . . ".

"No need to apologize. But you did made me believe in you. I thought we'd last being friends," His chuckles sound a bit strained. We both were really close, I guess he was the only peron I'd ever trust. "But . . .why didn't you tell me about this?"

"I figured you wouldn't want me around since I'm apparently a hero exposing a ," I give a small smile and look up at his side view. The more I look at Chanyeol, he's not nerdy looking anymore. "I guess I'm not the same anymore".

"No kidding. But I don't blame you for leaving me . . .," Chanyeol hugs me all of a sudden. My cheeks start to turn red.

"F-ing idiot. Don't hug me like that!" I try to push him away. Gosh, why does this dork had to be so tall?!

 

Then some old memories flashes into my mind. We used to be the dynamic duo who likes to reads comics and talk about science channels. I remember that his hair was curly and a hue of orange. He still wearss cardigans and stripe t-shirts with his square glasses. People used to bully me because I guess I looked vulnerable with my brown mushroom hair. Chanyeol protected me and people start to target him instead. I guess he moved out of biochemistry and got his teacher degree.

"Is it weird to say I've missed you?" Chanyeol rests his chin on my head. "I really did . . . .". Oddly, this is actually quite comforting.

"Chanyeol, let me go . . .," I start to burst out into laughter. "I'm so done with your hug. I'm really bouta tackle you".

"Ohoho. Now, you actually wanna tackle me?" He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to his face. Then  . . . .I kicked him. In the knee. Whooops.

 

". Baekhyun!!" He groans in pain on the floor and my son comes dashing towards him.

"Uhh??" Tae tries to help him up but fails to do so. "What did you do, dad?!"

"Tae, when somebody tries to go too close to you, kick that person's ," I playfully give a Chanyeol a glare and he just looks up at me. He then facepalms and I end up helping him up.

"You guys are weird older people . . .," he judges the both of us. Then I realize I was still holding Chanyeol's hand, I immediately drop his hand. My face start to turn red, thank god. Tae and Chanyeol were in their own little world.

 

I realize time was passing by staying in Chanyeol's classroom. Before we left out the door, Chanyeol pulls me by the shoulder and spin me around.

"Hey, bigshot. How the hell are you gonna hide Tae in your dorm?" Chanyeol's eyes look a bit scared as if he doesn't want to anything to happen to Tae.

"It's okay . . .," I didn't even know where to hide him. He's so precious, I can't bear to see him be taken away. "I don't even know how I'm going to live my life now. It's just I don't even knw if I even got custody of him. Because dropping off a child to a stranger . . .".

"It's okay, Baek. It's going to be alright unless you . . .," Chanyeol start to cover his mouth and looks like he's rethinking his life choices. "You . . .you wanna stay with me?"

 

My jaw drop. "U-uhh, w-well . . .sure?". Now, this is when I knew . . .I ed up. 

"W-well, you can move in today if you want . . .," When Chanyeol is nervous, he doesn't look at anybody's faces. "I'll take Tae right now in my car".

"How could I trust you?" Of course, the real me has trust issues. After being bullied and betrayed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter