The Play

Single Father Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't look for happiness, create it".

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

And in just minutes in the evening, we walked into a huge building. Is this the dance studio? This place even has an elevator and a front desk. The middle aged woman types away, not noticing us righ away. She looks up at us with a warm smile, "May I help you lovely men?"

"Ma'am, is this perhaps a guy named Jongin who dances here?" Sehun's talking away, as I turn my head to see more of the dance studio. There were so many dancers young and old in their workout clothes. There were seperate dance studios for different genres of dancing. 

"Oh, Jongin . . .hmm . . .," she slides her spinning chair to the phone, dialing some numbers. "Kim Jongin to the front desk, please".

 

 

 

Tae starts to cling near my leg. I look down, smiling while ruffling his hair. Poor baby, he's scared. "You okay there, buddy?"

"Y-yeah . . .," He puts his head down and tugs on my shirt, I look down once again as he points. I glimpse at the figure from faraway. Is that Jongin . . .in a royal outfit or something?! The only thing distrubing about his whole outfit is the white tights. 

Sehun notices that what we're looking at, he burst into laughter pointing at Jongin. "What the hell are you wearing?!"

 

 

 

"Dad, it's a real prince!!" Tae whispers-yells at me, jumping up in delight. "He looks super cool!" 

Jongin ignores Sehun's insults; glancing down at my son. Then Jongin had this angel-like smile. He crounches down at Tae's level, "So, what's your name?"

"Taehyung . . .," Tae shyly twindles with his hands, avoiding eye-contact. "Are you Uncle Jongin?"

Jongin snorts and pulls Tae into a embrace. "I'm your uncle? Which one of you had a child without me knowing?"

 

 

 

There was a odd silence for a second, but Sehun and Chanyeol both intensely stare at me. I bit my lip, smiling painfully. "That's my son".

Jongin's eyes widen, still having Tae in his embrace. "So . . .the rumors were true?". I just slowly nod, feeling a pang in my heart. He then lifts up Tae. "Okay, so you guys wanna check out the theater?"

There so many rooms with mirrors like how any other dance studio is. They have ballet bars were people were lifting their leg on or whatever. Some were wearing these weird looking shoes. I also notice Jongin was wearing those pink colored shoes but his was beige. 

 

 

 

The more we walk the more the hallway expands, there's a huge door leading to a dressing room. We see all these people dressed up for some type of play. Jongin waves hi and greets all the other members while holding Tae.

"Ooo, who's this cutie?" A teenaged girl with a flawless tan and long black hair, I assume is playing as the princess with her tiara, walks up to us. 

"This is Taehyung," Jongin reassures Tae to wave at her. Tae just shyly mumbles hello. The girl shakes his hand, even though Tae is a bit nervous. My poor baby!

 

 

"Well, Kai. We better hurry up and get to pratice with all our props!" Jongin hurries to put Tae down, he then turns around to us. "You guys could walk to that door and sit down!" 

He guides us like a herd of sheep, we see that there are stairs leading down to the seats. I grab Tae's hand as we step down the stairs.

"Dad, what are we watching?" Tae squirms in his seat, excited to see Prince Kai, apparently dance.

 

 

The curtains close, the rooms lights dim down. Then classical music rings in our ears out of nowhere. Okay . . .this is kind of a new experience. Sehun is already stonefaced, not really sure if he's enjoying this right now. Chanyeol has his mouth agape, completely immersed in the music. So basically, the sitting is like this : Sehun, Tae, Chanyeol, then me. I don't understand how Sehun is stealing me away from my son.

The curtain slowly opens revealing a realistic looking two-story house with some trees. The whole thing looks so real. And there was fake snow falling down. This a real cool production value. Then it looks like villagers walking around.

Suddenly, it turns all black and the music plays again. The curtain clothes and all of a sudden a new background of a ballroom appears with a huge white christmas tree. 

 

 

 

"How the did they do this . . .?" I mumble, being in awe but honestly I don't know what's going on. This continues for a whole fifteen minutes, where is Jongin?! Then the only person I recognize is that girl without her crown and she's dancing with a . . .a dol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter