Pratice

Single Father Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No . I have feelings too".

 

 

 

--------

 

 

The fact that I woke up smelling some fresh cooked rice cakes makes my heart feel at ease. My vision becomes clear, then the whole damn sunlight hits me like truck. "Ahhh!!" I immediately squeeze my eyes shut. I'm not a morning person at all. Unless, there is food involved. I'm always ready for food. Rubbing my eyes, I try to adjust the sunlight in my eyes.

"Baekhyun, are you okay there?" Chanyeol walks in with his normal clothes, and his square glasses. He always used to wear them back then. Damn, he really does look different.

"U-ugh, what time is it?" I start to groan in agony, I ing hate mornings more than anything in the world. I lay back down on my pillow, glaring at Chanyeol.

"I hope you know that I have work and you have morning class," Chanyeol puts a hand on his hip. "Baekhyun, it's already 7am. I have class at 8am. And don't you have morning class too?". He just sighs at me, I end up sitting back up again. Yawning, I scratch my back and walk into the bathroom. Looking at my reflection, I just smirk and run my hand through my hair. My god. I'm so handsome, even I check myself out sometimes.

 

 

"Ahem. You need to get hustling," Chanyeol ruins my self check-out. I roll my eyes and turn on the faucet, splashing my face with warm water. Wiping my face with the small towel, I need a toothbrush. 

"Aye, Yeollie. Do you got a toothbrush?" I walk in the kitchen to see what he's doing. There he stands near the stove, cooking some fried rice. My stomach growls really loud. How long has it been since I ate a homecooked meal? Chanyeol looks up at me, bursting into a giggly fit.

"Pfft. You look like a mess," I never notice, but . . .since when did Chanyeol's voice was that deep? I squint my eyes at him, rolling them as well. He just throws me a package of new toothbrushes and continue to cook. I brush my teeth, then slumping myself on his coach. 

"Where is my son?" I abruptly sit up, scanning the hallway. "Is he still asleep?"

I peek into my son's room, looking at his cute little body curl up like a wrapped up burrito. Okay, seriously, I have got to stop thinking about food. I kneel down and poke his side. He starts to whine at me. "I don't wanna wake up!!" He throws a stuff animal in my face. I swear I might need to use a little discipline for my child. He ends up covering his face and ignoring my presence.

 

 

"Look, Tae. I will give you all my rice cakes that Mr. Park made. And . . . a new toy," I pout at him. He finally uncover his face, pouting at me. I do the same. So we both just puff our cheeks at each other while furrowing our eyebrows. Damn, he really is my son. 

"I don't wanna go to school dad," he pouts even more, pushing his bottom more and frowning. Now he just looks like a fish . . .I start to squeeze his cheeks together.

"Ahh!! So cute," I give a quick peck on his forehead. "But you still need to go school". He just gets up like a lost puppy and go straight to the bathroom.

"You have such great parenting skills," Chanyeol's sacastic tone makes me turn my head and grit my teeth at him, my eyebrows creasing. He crosses his arms, leaning against the door frame. "I'll take him to class, don't forget to go to your college".

"Why are you so worried about me going to my classes?" I tilt my head and cross my arms. Waiting for his response.

"Didn't you say that you had a reputation to maintain?" He just scoffs at me. "Plus, I could easily manipulate you by blackmail".

"Now, that's just messed up," I throw a small pillow at him. "People can never manipulate me anymore".

 

 

Chanyeol shrugs and smile pitifully at me. "I'm just kidding. The only way to survive is to fake some smiles and go with the flow, even if it hurts".

"Hey . . .C-chanyeol?" My eyes look away from his. "Just what happened to you after I abandon the biochemistry? All of sudden, you became a teacher".

"Sometimes, you just got to hurry up and find a career. I feel happy teaching little kids and peacefully living my life since you left, it was a bit empty," Chanyeol's lips curve into a small line. "It really did hurt to see you acting all high and mighty with the people who bullied you".

"Yeah, yeah. I'm a ing pushover. I get it. You hate me just l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter