Blackmail

Single Father Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm capable of more than you would ever know"

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

The four of us consisting me, Chen (or Jongdae), Suho, and Jongin hacking into Jihyun's phone location. Chen types a whole bunch of codes, I end up helping him as well. Going back to our club studyroom is like the past again.

The sunrays bleam against the slightly opened blinds, the gusty wind blows a little. The aroma of red velvet cake always stay in this room. Sweet smells. Usually people would think anything related to science would smell covered in musty sock smells. That only happens in school lab classrooms.

My mind immediately makes me a familiar laugh. Chanyeol's deep laugh. I look up and see a hallucination of the old Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Just two nerdy dorks falling in love, only to be shattered by misunderstandings and pride.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun?" Chen nudges me, pointing at the map with a red dot on the apartments in the notorious neighborhood. "Apparently, she lives here in in Hongdae. But there are many nightclubs around there".

"Google is such a great navigation system," Suho puts an acknowledged face with a finger on his chin. We all gather to the parking lot, so I end up in the back with Jongin as Chen drives us to the neighbourhood in Hongdae. It wasn't such a long drive since traffic wasn't hectic today. Chen cranks up the volume for an old song which reminds something oddly close to my heart.

"I do believe all the love that you give, all the things you do. Love you, love you . . . .I'll keep you safe. Don't you worry . . . ."

 

 

 

"Oh hell no," I remember singing this with Chanyeol at the club. My voice wasn't that stable and Chanyeol sort of messed up in the guitar solo. Chen snickers in front along with Suho. Jongin raises an eyebrow and I cover my face in embarassment.

"I wouldn't leave, wanna keep you near. Cuz I feel the same way too.  Love you, love you. Want you know that I'm with you . . .". Chen sings along as I sit in silence humming to my own cover. Looking at the weather, I guess Seoul was always cold. I have no time to be thinking about Chanyeol. "I don't wanna lose you, lose you, lose you. Cause I need you, need you, need you . . .cause I want you to be my lady. You got to understand my love. You are beautiful, beautiful . . . .".

 

 

I close my eyes for a slight moment. And in that moment, I start to remember him. Like always. I open my eyes as reality hits, the car stops in a shady looking apartment complex. I gulp in surprise and open the door. The wind is a lot colder right now. I feel Jongin put a hand on my shoulder. His lips form a small smile. I grin back at him and the other two.

I knock on the door, my heart is racing. The door opens to reveal a young stud with tan skin and a cigarette in his mouth. He's wearing a white tank top and cargo shorts. My mind is just going everywhere. "Hi. I'm Baekhyun and need to talk to your girlfriend".

"No," He takes out his cigarette and flicks the ashes to my face. That's when my breaking point couldn't take it anymore. I land a hard punch in his face, I'm not that nerdy Baekhyun anymore. I'm not who Chanyeol who was in with. I throw another punch. Maybe he's too fixated on the past, why did he do that?! My tears brim as each punch goes to each thought in my mind.

 

 

Chen grabs my arm, pulling me up. The tan blondie is now in ground, his nose running a whole lot of blood. He looks scared of me. This person is me. Full of anger and just wanna be loved. That's the type of person I am.

"That damn told me her baby daddy was all nerdy and not you," The guy runs his hand through his hair. 

"What's going on?" We all turn to see Jihyun. I didn't utter a word, just stared at her. She looks so tired, not like before. Her hair is now brown and her eyebags were visible. I slowly get up and hug her tightly.

 

 

"W-who are you?" She pushes me by the chest. But as she slowly scans my face. I put on a fake smile and she starts to quiver. Touching my face, her hands were shaking. "Baekhyun!? Where's Taehyung!?"

"He's at my friend's house. But I need to ask you . . .why did you give me without any documents or confirmation of him getting to live with me?"

"I don't want that child near me," Her tears were already streaming. "Go ahead and take custody. Leave me alone!!!"

 

 

Have you ever felt your soul escaping body? That's how I feel. "I told you to not leave me and let us take care of our child. But now you took away from me and dropped him in front of my doorstep. Why the are you yelling at me!?"

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter