Abandoning Priorities

Jail of Freedom

I took a deep breath and took it in one shot. It tasted like tea with a generous amount of honey on it. I felt revitalized. I don’t know why but he was indeed telling the truth. I’ve been very doubtful ever since I entered but the two of them are very honest when it comes to their good intentions. It is something that I was not able to reciprocate head on – my head is overflowing with suspicions even until now.

“Chelsea, from now on take note that there is no way that you will ever get to feel hungry or exhausted here. You won’t be in pain as well and the best thing with what you drank is – you’ll be able to communicate with the animal creatures in every lair that you lay your foot on. Consider it as my apology for bringing you here.” He admitted that it was his fault but now that I hear him speaking calmly again, it made me understand why he got angry earlier.

I noticed the 5th dot is fading to a lighter shade of orange which means that anytime soon, I will be in pain again if I hadn’t believed in him. He took an orange raincoat from his bag and gave it to me –

“Here wear this. We need to go now. The pain might not be your problem but the moment you ran out of time, you’ll be a prisoner in this maze forever. I hope Jinnie told you about that at least.” He reminded me of my true existence in their place. He was right. He opened the door before me after getting another basket on the table. The container that he got is now filled with flowers and he started to call out loud a name after opening his door.

“Amihan!!! Come, let’s go for another adventure! I have a new friend!” His elk walked smoothly towards us it was bigger than I expected. I looked at it with amazement, I can hardly think of any specie which can evolve as big as this in the real world. The thing that caught my attention is it its antler which had different coloured gems stuck on it.

It’s still raining and I wore my waterproof armour to avoid getting drenched. I watched him ride Amihan with amazement. The droplets of rain, it is not even touching him, it was like he has an invisible cover that makes him unharmed by the shower.

“Are you ready for a costume party” Dongwan asked with a teasing smile on his face as he reached his hand out to me. Before I can even reply to him, darkness started to blind me, it’s like there’ve been a black out all of a sudden.

Dongwan pulled me up quickly. I was surprised how he boosted me in one swing. I never paid attention to his strength since I always see him on media coverage wearing suits or if he was caught with a candid camera, he always appeared wearing oversized jumpers. The gems on Amihan’s antler started to glow brightly. Each of the gems is emitting the unique colour of its nature. It’s fascinating.

“Ahh, it must be Junjin. He already started his task. Why don’t you look excited?” he asked another question before I can even answer the first one. Now I see a very different set up. Junjin just asked me to go with the flow earlier after being bombarded with a lot of questions yet now, it seems like I am stuck with a nagger.

“I hate parties and I don’t know what to expect.” Since they are being honest, I am going to be honest as well. I choose not to pretend in this world. For once in my life, I will choose to be me.

“I understand. I was glad that you are talking now normally towards me. I was worried that you might take my gestures the wrong way.” He was relieved. He was kind indeed and there are no questions about that. The elk started to move as soon as he brushed its head with the back of his hand.

“Can I ask you a question?” I muttered. I hope my question will not offend him.

“Hmm? What is it?” He didn’t object a bit. The tone of his voice sounded so accommodating.

“Why are you abducting orphans?” It was the same thing that I asked Eric. The question that he never answered, the same question that made me want to punch him in the face. I guess their leader’s answer made me loathe them from the very start.

“I don’t know if I can tell you or not but – I’d suggest for you to ask Eric about it. You asked him the same thing before right? His delay doesn’t always mean as a rejection. Plus! He is curious about you. ” He assured me about it. It seems like their leader told them about me. 

“Chelsea, today you are not a journalist. Think of your life first before your career. You are now in a very complicated situation. If you are still in the stage of unbelief after seeing Junjin’s and my territory – you will be doomed in a while. Hahah!” While he was still speaking I noticed a crooked gate made up of twisted metals welcoming us to the next ground.

“Oh, by the way can I ask you a favour?” Dongwan suddenly asked.

“Hmm? What is it?” I was curious of what kind of thing he’d like to get from me.

“The raincoat that I lent you, can you take care of it? It comes handy in so many occasions. I’d appreciate it if you always bring it with you.” He said with a pleading tone of a close friend. I nodded at once; it was such an easy thing to do.