Understanding Conflicts

Jail of Freedom

Before standing, I removed the raincoat that I am wearing and put it inside my bag. I saw my belongings untouched and resting inside my bag during my whole adventure and gave up on using them. I brought Andy’s pillow with me while hugging it and resting my chin on its upper part.

I walked slowly going to the said wing and peek outside the castle as my habit of walking on hallways with windows. There I saw Podo and Jackson; Junjin’s dragons playing on the grass. Amihan is just lying down and it looks like sleeping. The zombies looked like they are having a great time with some oversized dogs with human bodies. It’s interesting how they looked so cool while wearing clothes. They look like they are on a very normal evening while here I am still trying to figure out what just happened.

Now it is thoroughly clear to me why the police authority doesn’t have a lead on this mystery. Even the media are lost on where to begin. People just didn’t bother at all since they knew that the situation is more complex than they’ve thought. I think, even now that I know the truth behind this, no one will believe me. The only thing that makes me want to continue is the assurance that the kids are safe.

I idly moved towards the well lit room when a voice whispered behind me. I got startled briefly but when I saw the gangster of the squad smiling at me with a very friendly stance, I managed to calm down.

“Mind if I walk with you?” Minwoo’s yellow eyes glowed as he went out from the dark shadows. He grinned at me like he’s been observing me from some time now. He removed his fedora hat as he tousled his black hair to another direction.

I tried to smile back but it just showed how uneasy I am. He matched with my pace and walked with a cool charisma as he adjusted his turtle neck up to his nose. I don’t know why I suddenly caught him glaring at me as he fixed the button of his grey suit.

It made me self-conscious and I ended up smelling myself if I am already stinking – but I don’t smell terrible at all except for the fact that I’ve been by a dragon, drenched in rain and dusted in a grave yard – Eric didn’t even complain after being in a very close distance with me.

“Do you by chance, own a cat?” The Sigbin asked looking away from me.

“Oh, I just adopted a stray cat recently. Why?” I asked him back.

“I can smell its stench.” He admitted with a disappointed voice. He started to walk faster to increase our distance from one another and I just remembered that he is a canine.

The dining table welcomed me. It is full of nothing but them sitting around with excited faces. I saw their familiar smiles as I reached for my chair after Minwoo convinced Dongwan to seat beside me. He took his friend’s sit on the opposite of my direction.

Starting from my right Eric is still wearing his signature stunning tuxedo with a thin red ribbon on it, next to him was Andy with the white suit that he was wearing on his lair. Minwoo was beside Andy and right next to him was the sulking prince – Hyesung who’s wearing a navy blue suit against his fair skin. Junjin was beside the beautiful prince wearing a full black suit and the last on the circle is Dongwan with the usual bow tie tux that he wears on his media appearances.

They all looked like they were on an executive meeting and here I am wearing the most casual thing that I can come up with. I don’t care anymore; this is the part that I’ve been waiting for. I shall listen attentively to their intention.

“Okay – kids, meet Chelsea. I’m pretty much sure you can still remember her. The one who followed me persistently during our last meet up outside the last orphanage? Remember?” Eric started with my introduction I can’t believe it. The members just nodded and I felt a sudden jolt of unsolicited embarrassment from the way they looked at me.

“Chelsea, were you born on October 25?” Dongwan asked out of the blue.

“Yes.” I confirmed. It was weird. How did he know my birthday?

 “I also knew from her that – she used to be one of the orphans in our last target location, so that figures why she got lured by Dongwan’s song.” Eric explained.

“Chelsea, we do not know up to what page you were able to catch up with our operations but we are gathering female orphans with the same birthday as you whom remained in the orphanage sites since they were young. They’re lives are all in danger because – a dark force who’s intentions oppose the law of nature would like to use them on a ritual. A witch is on the haunt for those kids right now to gain immortality by sacrificing their lives. We are just waiting for the last blood-moon to rise and we shall set them free. They can go back to their normal lives unharmed.” Hyesung broke his silence as he elaborated their side of the story.

“We feel sorry if it caused you to worry but we don’t have any other choice. This is the only way we can save them even if we will appear like the bad guys in this plot. We value life the most and as much as we can, we will do our best to extend our hands to rescue the helpless.” Junjin sided with Hyesung.

I can now finally understand. It was an unknown entity versus the one of their kind. They deal with it in the best way that they can without involving innocent lives. Now that I see it, I can finally admit to myself that I am no longer happy with my job. This just clearly showed me how erted a one sided information could corrupt the facts in a certain angle of news reporting.

 “If you noticed, there is a very strange pattern of night time and day time here in Vayanhan, evenings are much lengthier than day time. I already covered the moons that rose on Dongwan Hyung’s place before you left, at Andy’s when Eric Hyung picked you up and I shall go do my job here tonight as well. The first one has been taken care of on your first day here. You arrived here in the morning remember?” Junjin elaborated.

“We have already calculated the probabilities were the next moon will rise. Two more to go and after covering the last one – we can set children free.” Minwoo affirmed.

“Just in case you are still doubting us, you can stay here until we set them free; it won’t take that long now. Ever since you arrived, there is just two more nights left before the blood moon to show up.” Andy suggested and I am pretty much sure why he said that. He would love to hang out more.

“Can I take a nap before I decide?” for some odd reason, I felt sleepy. I am not tired at all but a sudden feeling gave me the signal to go and hibernate.

“Let me take you to your room then.” Eric stood up in an instant to me. All of the other members were left there catching up with what sounded like – their life in the outside world.