Uninvited Spy

Jail of Freedom

“Oh Chelsea, why are you frowning? Does it taste bad?” Miss Julie noticed that something is disturbing me.

“Hmm. I don’t know but it feels like, something is missing?” I squinted my eyes and focused as I try to remember what it was.

“Omooo – I just remembered just now. The cat that you gave me, it’s not here! I thought it followed you when you went to sleep. Didn’t you bring it with you?” Miss Julie exclaimed.

“Right! I remember she was still here when I – ”my cup of coffee is nowhere to be seen in the kitchen area as well. It made me feel strange. Heavy cold chills started to fill my spine. Something is not right.

“Wait here, let me look for it.” I went out of the kitchen’s back door. I can clearly remember it was right there a while ago before I had my coffee. It’s white so it will be easy to locate it.

To my surprise I saw it staring blankly to a void distance near the forest of the orphanage. I sighed with relief as I run to it and picked it up immediately. There was this eerie feeling, something that makes me want to run away from the forest’s proximity when I heard a singing voice – this voice. I am sure I’ve heard him before. My heart immediately sank with sadness and longing - I glanced back to the direction where it was coming from and to my shock my feet voluntarily walked towards it direction like it was calling me.

Another step made me land on familiar grassland as my cat escaped from my grip. My memory about Vayanhan returned to me in a blink of an eye. I collapsed on my knees as I realized how miserable it was not to remember. It was like there was a knife stuck in my heart and I don’t know about it until I accidentally removed it.

I was confused and lost. Junjin is not here while I’m on the verge of losing my mind. I am breaking down on my own. I sobbed alone for a very long time. My heart – it rooted already in this place. Podo greeted me with its usual playful habit and rolled over the ground like they wanted my attention. Junjin’s pet can remember me. It stared back at me like it missed me too.

“Can you help me go to where they are?” I asked a desperate request. I had this overwhelming desire to let them know that I am back, to see them again regardless of how they will receive me. This was the first place where I first felt freedom.

Podo unexpectedly bowed down and bent its wing to a gesture that made me think that it’s allowing me to climb on its back. The black dragon could have felt my intention. I can’t be more thankful. I its back as it flew in the air gradually. Our highest gap from the ground made me see the fullness of Vayanhan. It was a shape of a flower with six petals on it and as I remember from a stranger’s experience, I checked my palm right away to look at the familiar dots that I used to have.

Nothing appeared this time which made me feel a bit confused. I was still trying to figure out what could have gone wrong when Podo landed on the meadow in front of Eric’s castle. I was surprised to see Kulog and Kidlat both standing in front of its gates.

They looked at me with awareness in their eyes.

“As expected, you’ll return. Kidlat, go and transport her to where they are.” Kulog said with a welcoming tone. The water buffalo with smiled at me like it was really happy to see me once again.

Kidlat the horse snapped its fingers and a lightning which came from nowhere struck me. It was brief and quick; transporting meant to be instant teleportation I guess since I ended up on the main area of the palace. They were all astonished when I appeared near Dongwan who just finished his song.

They all stood up from their chairs as they approached me slowly with the face of unbelief. The Liwinri next to me can’t even utter a word. They were all wearing suits; I guess they are having their Banquet again.

“Chelsea – how did you come back? I was just singing a song for our mother. How did you hear my voice again?” Dongwan finally asked with a trembling voice.

I don’t know how I will answer his question because I am lost too. I am perfectly clueless about what happened but I am really glad to be back. Deep inside my heart, I felt the need to come back; I strongly feel that I belong to this place.

“Something is not right. Someone apart from her slipped in.” Minwoo hissed. His yellow eyes started to glow brightly as he looked around like he was scanning the whole place.

Eric lifted his hand and clenched his fist in the air and then I heard the dungeons doors smashed the ground. It was like he locked down the whole castle for a pending disaster.

“She’s here.” Andy said in rage. He drilled his feet on the castle ground and caused a brief tremor coming from where he is making our balance unsteady with the sudden shaking.

To this Hyesung immediately blazed in fire, Junjin transformed into a dragon and Minwoo turned into a gigantic black dog with the torso of a man with both arms plated with silver. And a cold eerie atmosphere began to creep in. I can now feel that there’s a stranger among us.

The six of them jumped in front of me in a protective position as I stand there powerless and vulnerable. I am a clear handicap in this battle. I wish I didn’t comeback. I suddenly regret everything.

 “Hihihihihi! You pathetic brats thought that you could stop me?” The white stray cat that I found talked wickedly as it walked upside-down on the castles ceiling. It jumped to one of the chandeliers and transformed into a lady.

“So you think I was targeting the orphans eh? I guess you are still young to deal with my greatness. All I need is to eat one heart, with or without the blood moon as long as I am able to kill Makiling’s heir. Your powers will be mine and that includes the most special of all – her immortality.” She taunted as she swayed back and forth in mid-air with a crooked black wand on her hand.

This was the first time that I actually saw a witch in my whole life and I would scratch the part that described her on books of being old and ugly. She was rather beautiful and seductive, stylish and – she looked someone that I knew, someone who’s been with me for a long time.