Playful Siblings

Jail of Freedom

I followed Eric without any feeling of anger. I am rather calm and comfortable after all what I have learned. The truth set me free from my worries. I admired his wide shoulders as the moonlight touched its broad lines. I just noticed that he doesn’t have a shadow at all.

“Do you like to see the kids? We will pass by their room before the one that I designated for you.” The dazzling Aswang offered with a crooked smile on his face. He looked glad to finally show me the answer to my question. I nodded to him and he twisted the knob of the wooden door.

Like what they said, the children were all safe. They looked like sleeping babies when I saw them. There is no sign of torture on them. I am surprised how well dressed they were tucked under warm comforters.

“We scheduled their arrival perfectly with the adjustments of Vayanhan plates, which is why the first territory that they reach was mine. Dongwan always sings here like it was an Opera for all of us and the kids come with curiosity. Since Zombies might scare them, Andy brought some computer games to play with; Junjin summoned some of his smaller dragons to keep them entertained too. Since the time here is well managed, they didn’t need to have Dongwan’s antidote. Minwoo brings fruits from the forest from time to time while Hyesung supplies us a generous amount of fish from where he is staying.” The responsible leader clarified everything before I can even ask about it.

“It was your arrival that we didn’t foresee. Dongwan’s tears might prevent you from getting hungry but it only means that you would need more sleep now since your human body can suffer once you go out of this place. Come; let me take you to your crib.” Eric is more thoughtful than I have expected. I always thought of him as a cold and sarcastic person but he is just misunderstood most of the time.

“Can I ask you something?” Eric whispered as he turned around and faced me with a sudden shift in his eye’s shade. His pupils became blood red all of a sudden. He moved closer to me as he took a deep breathe. His ice cold hands both held my face in between them as he looked at me eye to eye. His focus felt so intense that my mind lost its ability to function.  I observed how his lips trembled and curled while he clenched his teeth beneath them. His face zoomed in to my vision and I saw his nose bridge cringed as his let out a smirk and closed his eyes compellingly. I can smell a heavy sent of roses in his breath as our space became narrower.

“Okay – I give up. You win.” He suddenly let go of me and punched the wall instead.

“I don’t understand Sir.” I told him directly since he looked very frustrated about it. What is up with him?

“There is something weird with you. The moment I let go off you in mid-air, my gargoyles should have awakened when you entered my castle’s aerial boundary but they just remained in their places. Now – I just tried to seduce you but you just stared back at me with your confused eyes. You see, ladies normally jump up to me before I can even touch them but I think you have a glitch. Even when the first time we’ve met – you are the very first person to ever walk out of my sight unaffected by my charm. Ahh you are so fascinating! HAHAHA! ” His amusement is fulfilled. I wanted to ask more about it but I am sleepier now than before.

“Can we talk about this some other time? I think I’ll pass out anytime soon.” I pressed. I really want to go to bed immediately.

“Oh – I forgot. Okay, here’s your room. Call me when you need something. I’ll wake you up when you need to go.” It was true he was lost from his course all of a sudden and was evidently distracted.

I went inside the room as he left me. The room that he chose for me was as big as the kids’ room. It is like three times bigger than my apartment. Unlike the atmosphere outside, this room is quite remarkable since it is painted white from the walls up to the ceiling. The tiles are white as well which returned the illuminating lights of the glamorous chandeliers from all corners. There was a king size bed at the middle of the room with pillars on it, each had transparent thin classical curtains attached to it. There was just a white mattress and a ginger comforter on the surface; it was the only contrast that this room has. Now I see why Andy lent me a pillow.

As soon as I sat on the bed and lay down, the chandelier’s lights dimmed on a fairy light kind of glow. It was so amazing that it looked like a bunch of tiny candles flickering from all sides. Sleeping in a dream, this is more like what I am going to do right now. So far, my dream is still a fascinating one as I’d like to imagine it but – this is all happening in reality.

I removed my backpack to sleep comfortably and placed it beside me. I slipped under the comforter and at last rested my head on Andy’s pillow. I can still smell the orchids; it was soothing; very comforting indeed.

“Are you sure it’s okay to wake her up?” I heard a voice cautiously whispering from my side.

“Yes! Go for it! Why are you pretending to be shy? You volunteered to do it?” that voice, I am sure it was Eric’s.

“I.. I must’ve gone crazy a while ago. What should I do? Should I poke her?” this voice, I’ve heard it before but – he is talking in a very silent tone.

I gave up in frustration and decided to wake up on my own. I saw Hyesung’s face flushed red as he looked away when our eyes met. He was bending towards my direction and about to say something when I opened my eyes. I saw his hair sparked with flame when he backed away in shock. It died down naturally when he closed his eyes.

“You – ahh. Uhm. You need to go.” He cleared his throat while pretending nothing happened. He swallowed his embarrassment while the person beside him bit his lip while avoiding himself to laugh at his friend.

“Ahh. Okay. Are we going together?” I am still half-awake when I asked but I am sure that I had enough sleep.

“No, you’ll come with Minwoo first since the plates shifted so many times already while you slept. He is waiting for you outside this room. He’d like to ask a favour from you too.” Hyesung told me while he was controlling his anxiousness. He was still embarrassed and had his eyes closed as he said his spiel.  

“Hyesung-ah, calm down. Haha!” Eric a bit and the embarrassed prince grabbed the back of his friend’s neck to stop him all at once.

“Stop it! Haha! Oh wait – Minwoo is outside the door. Go and meet him there.” Eric directed to me.

I stood up on my feet and grabbed my back to rush to my next destination. I was running while looking at my palm. This was the longest time I actually stayed in a place here. It was remarkable that the three dots are still on absolute orange tints.

“See you at the exit Chelsea!” I heard Hyesung’s voice shout as the door behind me closed by itself.