Chapter 2 - The Namja who wears Black Underwear

Love Revolution

My mind was still filled with thoughts of Jung Yong Hwa and his black underwear. Seriously? When did I ever develop this kind of impure thinking? It's all because of hm! Him and his stupid underwear!

"Yah. Shin Hye-ya." A tiny voice called me, making me forget about Yong Hwa for a minute.

I turned around to see my best friend Kang So Ra.

"So Ra-ya..." I pouted at her.

"Oh. Museun Iliya?" Concern was visible in her tone.

"Jung Yong Hwa-ssi ... He--" I started, but So Ra had cut me off.

"Do you know what happened today? There was a lot of buzz this morning that Yong Hwa had sat beside a girl in the International Relation's College Building. Do you know the girl? Since it's your building and all."

I looked at So Ra, bewildered by what I just heard. News really does travel fast!

"Who told you?" I asked.

"I just heard from some girls. The whole school is talking about it. There's even a campaign to tear that girl's face off just because THE PRINCE sat beside her." She explained.

"JINJA?! Otteoke. So Ra-ya. Save me! Please!!" I cried.

"Weyo?"

"It's me." I whispered.

"Mwo? What did you say? I didn't hear you. Say it louder." She looked at me with curios and immediate eyes.

"I said, I was that girl Yong Hwa sat beside with." I said while looking around for possible eavesdroppers.

"MWO?! JINJA!" She exclaimed.

"So Ra-ya! SSSHHHH!" I hissed.

"Yah. Shin Hye. Why did he sit beside you?"

"Well..." I started.

I told So Ra about the unfateful encounter at the bus with Yong Hwa and how he ended up sitting beside me for about 5 minutes.

"Aish. I really don't get it. Why do they have to make such a big deal out of this? We barely talked. And he just ssat there for about 5 minutes and then he was gone! It happened so fast, I didn't really thought it'd be a subject of distress."

I continued ranting, worried about my current situation. I hid behind So Ra for the entire day, worried that some random girl might recognize me and immediately tear my face off. I shuddered at the thought.

Before I even knew it, it was time to go home. I said my goodbyes to So Ra and a couple of other friends. Since my bus was routed differently from them, I had to wait at a different stop.

I was sitting on the bench and fiddlin with my phone while waiting for the bus. I plugged my earphones and started listening to my IPod.

The bus arrived just in time for my stomach to grumble. I'm really excited to go home and eat dinner.

I was patiently sitting on the bus when my phone beeped. It was a message from Eomma.

---------------- MESSAGE-------------------------------------

From:  Eomma

Time Received: 5:58 PM

Shin Hye-ya. Come home, Ppalli.

---------------END-----------------------------------------------

Hmm. Eomma's message had me thinking. Something must be up, since she's asking me to hurry home.

The lights were all on when I arrived at our gate, and I also heard weird noises coming fom the inside of our house. I rushed inside to see a huge mess in our living room. There were suitcases scattered and clothes were all over the floor. I recognized clothes that belongs to Appa and Eomma.

"Eomma, Appa. I'm home. Eodiissneun geoni? (Where are you?)" I called out.

"Shin Hye. We're in here." Appa called from inside their room.

I took my shoes off and entered their room.

"What's happening? Why are your clothes scattered on the floor?" I asked.

"Shin Hye-ya. We are going to Busan." Eomma explained.

"Busan? Weyo? Jinja?" I was confused. I didn't know we had a planned trip to Busan.

This might be a good thing. For a few days or weeks, the members of YONGHWA FANS CLUB would definitely forget what happened by the time I come back from Busan.

"Ne. I had to fix some current problems for the company branch in Busan. Once things are settled, I'd probably handle the branch for a few more months." Appa explained.

"Mwo? few MONTHS? That means I have to make a letter of absence addressed to the school, so that they won't kick me out once they noticed I wasn't attending classes for months." I said with visible excitement with our trip to Busan, since it'll be an escape from those that wants to pull all my hair out. I secretly grinned.

"Ah. Shin Hye, about that..." My Eomma trailed.

"Weyo Eomma? Do I have to drop entirely?" I aksed, now looking quite worried.

"Aniyo, Shin Hye. You will not accompany us to Busan. Only your Appa and I would go." Eomma continued explaining.

"MWO?! You'd leave me? Weyo?" My body jerked up because of surprise.

"Ah Shin Hye, we have to. This is for work. And besides, someone  would accompany you while we're gone." Appa said, trying to console me.

"Mwo? Nugu?" I asked.

"Oh. You'd absolutely love your company. That person attends Seoul University too, and is the same age as you. " Eomma sounded much more excited than I was.

"'Oh. Jinja?" I said with a bored look on my face. I guess, I'd have to hide behind So Ra-ssi's back for a few more weeks.

"Chakaman. Why is that person staying here? Does that person have no parents?" I asked Appa.

"Of course that person does. But they're our business partners with our company, so they'd have to accompany us to Busan, and be with us for a few months too." Appa explained.

Oh. I thought. She must be fun girl. Oh well, atleast I'd have the house to myself and someone who's probably going to be too shy to even talk to me. I wonder how she looks like?

"Oh. Appa, when will they come? and when will you guys leave?" I aksed.

"Tonight" Eomma and Appa answered in unison.

 

I ran up to my room to do homework and change into comfortable clothes. After, I went down to help Appa and Eomma pack their things. I told myself to not cry even though I'd miss them badly. Eomma and Appa were clearing their closets and are putting almost all of their stuffs inside their gigantic suitcases.

"Appa, Eomma. Aren't those a little too much for just a few months?" I looked at them with confusion.

"Shin Hye-ya. You never know what supplies we'd lack, so it's better this than nothing at all." Eomma sermoned.

"Ah Geure." I stayed quiet while helping Eomma and Appa pack.

I was sitting at the porch swing when I heard the door bell.

"I'll get it!" I volunteered, but Eomma told me to go inside and she'd be the one to welcome the guests.

I sat in front of the television while eating sangchu ga laeb (lettuce wraps). I heard a few footsteps so I stood up to greet the visitors, but Appa told me to just sit down and he'd be the one to greet. I sat there and looked over at the pane glass window that divided our living room from our front door.

After a while, A man and a woman revealed themselves. I stood up and greeted them.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" I bowed and then faced the couple in front of me. The man's face was visibly old, and he's probably at his mid 40's, while the woman looked young and her face was still wrinkle free.

"Ah. Annyeonghaseyo Park Shin Hye-ssi. How are you?" The old man asked me.

"I'm doing well, jilmun jusyeoseo Gamsahbnida! (Thank You for asking)" I responded politely.

I noticed that the couple were with a luggage. I thought they'd be leaving tonight. I didn't know that they'd still be staying.

Appa and Eomma then came into the living room.

"Shin Hye-ya. This is Mr. and Mrs. Jung. Their son is the one accompanying you for the months that we'll be gone." Appa said.

My eyes bulged upon hearing the word SON. I thought the person Appa and Eomma was talking about was a GIRL! I didn't know it was a namja.

"Jamkkan man-yo, Appa, Eomma. You didn't tell me it was a namja, All this time I thought it was a yeoja!" I whined, without any wave of concern even if our visitors were watching us.

"Yah. Stalker Agassi. Do I look like a yeoja to you?" A voice suddenly said. I looked frantically around the room for that awfully familiar voice.

"Ah. Shin Hye-ssi," said Mrs. Jung "Meet our son..."

A man suddenly appeared in our living room. His body was well proportioned, his face was handsome, his hair was black, and his eyes were... onyx.

I gasped. MABSOSA! (Oh my God) It's ...

"Shin Hye-ssi, this is our son, Jung Yong Hwa." Mr. Jung finished.

"And he's going to live with you for the next months or maybe even years to come" Appa continued.

Oh, Jenjang. (Oh .)