Chapter 3 - Horror Marathon

Love Revolution

My head was spinning when Yong Hwa came into full view. I didn't know what to do, to either greet him or run away. I chose to greet him, showing that even with what happened today, I'm still a polite woman.

"Ah..Annyeonghaseyo Yong Hwa-ssi." I bowed and smiled at him.

Yong Hwa only gave me a smirk.

I cringed at the sight of his smirk and at the thought of spending the next few months with him under one roof.

My family and the Jung Family conversed for quite awhile before our respective parents bid us goodbye. I tried not to cry, but ended up almost gagging because of that huge lump on my throat. Yong Hwa, on the other hand, seemed like he was used to it. His face didn't give away any emotion.

Our parents hailed a taxi and went on their way to the Airport. I looked at the place where once my parents stood longingly.

"Don't be such a ssisy. You're already 21 and you still cry for your Mommy." He smirked.

I glared at him and said, "You. You are living in MY house so abide my rules!"

He just gave me a look and said, " Shiroyo!" He grinned then went to the entertainment room.

I grumbled and made my way to the bathroom.


I had a warm bath to calm my self and to think through how I'd survive the coming months with Yong Hwa at an arm's length. Me being in love with him should still be kept a secret, and I should keep on acting indifferent towards him. And MOST importantly, people at school should NEVER learn about this set up I have with Yong Hwa. If word gets out about me and him living under the same roof, I'd be roasted alive by all his fans.

After taking a bath, I marched downstairs to tell Yong Hwa about the rules I would most likely imply here in my house.

"Yong Hwa-ssi" I called.

"Yeogie." He shouted from the entertainment room.

I prodded inside the room to see him watching a movie. It was a horror film entitled Insidious. I walked in on one of the scariest scenes in the movie and I automatically screamed.

"Weyo? What happened? Are you hurt?" Yong Hwa rushed to me to check if I was okay, and to know what the scream was for.

"I...I saw it." I pointed at the TV screen.

"Oh. You're afraid of horror films?" He snickered.

"Yah! I'm a yeoja! Ofcourse, I'd be afraid of horror and gory films." I said.

"Aish. Just like a kid." He scoffed.

"Ay. Yah! Yong Hwa-ssi. I have to tell you about the rules!" I shouted.

"Ah. Jinja. Najung-e malhae. (Tell me later)" He said while his eyes are still glued on the TV

I covered my eyes and insisted that he turn the TV off so we could talk.

He just gruffed at me at still kept on watching. I walked to his side and tried prying the remote from his hand, instead, he caught my hand and pulled me down. My back slumped at the sofa beside him.

"Yah! I said I'm scared!" I tried to free my hand from his grasp,  but he was too strong.

"Shin Hye-ya. Just watch. Don't be scared. Na yeogiiss-eo. (I'm here.)" He smiled.

I looked up to him and secretly smiled. Even though, Yong Hwa and I started at the wrong foot and were pushed to live together for months without even a proper introduction, he was still caring.

I tried watching Insidious, but whenever a scary scene comes up, I can never resist the urge to scream on top of my lungs. In times when the scary faces appear with matching thriller sound effects, I would accidentally hold Yong Hwa's hand and have an iron grip on it until the faces disappear.

Yong Hwa would tease me more by replaying most of the scary parts. At one point, I even cried and pleaded that he stop playing the movie, all he did was smile and ruffle my hair.

When the movie ended, I swear, I was so glad I had to jump up in joy.

I faced Yong Hwa and said, "Now that the movie is finished, let's talk about the rules."

"Arasseo." He agreed.

I led him to the dining room and talked about the rules that would be implemented. Since he's a boy and I'm a girl, there are certain circumstances where we should never walk in on each other.

"Alright. Let's put this on ink!" I exclaimed.

Yong Hwa stared at me. He looked bored. "Do we really have to? Isn't it enough to have this boring conversation?" He said.

"It's important! And there should also be punishment when someone breaks a rule." I got up and retrieved a piece of paper, stamp, and ballpens from the study room.

I scribbled the rules and the punishments that would take place if ever the rules were taken forgranted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jung Yong Hwa & Park Shin Hye's Rules

  • If one is using the bathroom, the other one must not peek.
  • Must help each other in doing chores
  • If one is using the dressing room, the other must not peek.
  • Never tell anyone from Seoul University about our set-up. Not even to our  Best friens!
  • To Yong Hwa: You must not watch lewd videos in the Entertainment room! Watch in your room!
  • To Shin Hye: Don't stalk me.
  • To Yong Hwa: Keep your lewd thoughts to yourself!
  • To Shin Hye: Don't scream too much.
  • Lastly, namja must not develop feelings for yeoja. And vice versa.

Punishments

  • Shin Hye must watch 10 consecutive Horror Movies ALONE. IN THE DARK.
  • Yong Hwa must accept a good beating from me. (Shin Hye) ^^
  • Shin Hye must cook dinner for the rest of my stay.
  • Yong Hwa must clean the house everyday
  • Yong Hwa must eat the sweet potatoes that he hates
  • Shin Hye must dance in front of the whole neighborhood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yong Hwa's eyes seemed surprised when I handed him the "Punishment" list.

"Weyo?" I asked.

"Shin Hye-ya. How did you know I don't like goguma?" He looked at me with curious eyes.

OH UH. I learned that when I was stalking him through his various fansites. I can't say that out loud, it's embarassing. And besides, it says on one of our rules that I should stop stalking.

"Uh. Ah.. So Ra-ssi, uhm.. She told me." I stammered. I so owed this to So Ra, Mianhe!

"Kang So Ra-ssi?" He asked.

"Ne. Weyo? Do you know her?"

"Ani.But I often hear her name because Leeteuk Hyung likes her." He said.

"Jinjja?! Leeteuk Oppa?? So Ra-ya would be very happy!" I exclaimed with absolute joy.

"Weyo? Does she like hyung too?"

"Ne!" I grinned.

Yong Hwa flashed his toothy smile and took his phone out.

"I'll text hyung."

"Andwe Yong Hwa-ya. It's a secret between me and So Ra! If Leeteuk Oppa learned about this, she'll blame me for sure!"

"Aish. Arasseo. Leeteuk hyung must do something about this." He grunted.

I smiled at Yong Hwa's frustrated reaction. He looks so cute.

I didn't know that I was staring at him for too long that he noticed it already.

"Shin Hye-ssi, weyo? You've been staring at me." He asked.

"Ah. Ani! I was looking somewhere else." I said, averting my gaze to the objects behind Yong Hwa.

"Tsk. Tsk. Shin Hye-ssi, you're already violating one rule!" He exclaimed.

"Mwo? What rule?" I stood up and demanded.

"The last one" He said with all confidence.

"Mwo?" I scoffed. "Yah! Jung Yong Hwa, don't be too full of yourself. I don't like you." I tried to explain.

"You sound so defensive." He laughed.

"No I don't!" I was already throwing a hissy fit.

"Defensive!" He mocked again.

"YAH! ARASSEO! You just want me punish me! Fine, give me a punishment so we'll get this over with! Aish!" I sceamed in frustration.

"Alright! Hm. How about punishment no. 1?" He ponited at the first listed punishment in the list.

"MWO? You know I can't watch! Choose another one!" I exclaimed.

"Shiro!" He grunted. "You have to do it."

Omo. Otteoke? I won't be able to sleep well at night for the rest of my life.

"Yong Hwa-ssi..." I batted my eyelashes at him.

He swallowed hard and said, "Shin Hye-ya, Your Aegyo won't work" then he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me towards the entertainment room.

Yong Hwa placed the DVD inside the player and stood up beside the TV. I was sitting on the sofa beside tons of pillows. I was already crying and whining.

"Shin Hye-ssi. Since I'm a really really nice person, I'll accompany you while watching the first 5 movies, and then, tomorrow, I'll also be with you while watching the last 5 more movies." He said with a smile.

I felt a glint of happiness. "Jeongmal? Gamsahbnida, Yong Hwa-ssi!" I was so happy that I ran towards him and absent-mindedly hugged him.

A few seconds passed before I realized I was clinging to him.  It was embarassing!

"Ah. Mianhe. I was carried away." I said dejectedly.

"Gwaenchanha." He smiled.

I sat at the sofa and made space for Yong Hwa to sit at the other end.

"Shin Hye-ya, won't you be scared? Since your so far away from me. Why don't you scoot here?"

I looked at Yong Hwa to see any trace of joking in his face. But he was dead serious, I scooted near him, and held a pillow.

The movie wasn't even starting yet, but I feel like crying. Yong Hwa's scent and his warm body slightly touches mine. My heart beat is accelerating. Any more nearer than this, I'd probably die from cardiac arrest.

"Shin Hye-ssi.."

"Ne?"

"Let's start the Horror Movie Marathon." He cheered.