Chapter 3

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

 

Chapter 3:

“So what do you like to do for fun?” Taehyung asked Hoseok as they all ate their lunches.

“I like to listen to music, dance, rap, go out and hang out with friends,” Hoseok answered.

“Oh, you rap?” Namjoon asked looking surprised but smiled when Hoseok nodded.

“That’s cool! Yoongi hyung and I do too. We have our own youtube channel for the raps we wrote. Maybe you could join us?” Namjoon said looking excited.

“Um...it’s ok with both of you then I’d love to,” Hoseok said looking just as excited but also a bit shy.

“It’s cool with me,” Yoongi said.

“Great! It’s settled, you’ll join us. Ah, give me your phone number so I can text you the details of our meetups.” Namjoon said and they exchanged phone numbers.

“You said you dance too?” Jimin asked after the two exchanged numbers.

“Yea.” Hoseok nodded giving his phone to Yoongi to get his number as well.

“I do too!” Jimin said happily.

“You do?” Jungkook asked but he didn’t sound too surprised.

“Yep, do you?” Jimin asked.

“I used to, I haven’t for awhile now, though...but I think I’d like to get back into it,” Jungkook responded.

“Oh, then you both should join Jimin’s club. He’s in the dance club we have here, he’s really amazing, so amazing that he’s already the president of the club! He’s the first ever sophomore to become president of that club!” Taehyung said, bragging about Jimin’s accomplishment. Jimin blushed and denied the statement saying his fellow club members only voted him as president because they were being nice.

“Nonsense Jimin, you know you’re good, no need to be so humble,” Jin said shushing the younger’s protests.

“Well, if you don’t mind me joining, I’d like to,” Jungkook said.

“Me too, if it’s possible,” Hoseok said.

“Sure. I’d just need you to fill out the applications so we have your contact information and emergency numbers. If you want I can give them to you tomorrow.” Jimin said.

“Thanks!” Hoseok said smiling brightly while Jungkook nodded.

“You’re welcome” Jimin replied with a smile of his own.

“So what do you do for fun Jungkook?” Jin asked when the conversation died down for a second.

“Oh...I usually just play video games or hang out with friends.” Jungkook replied shrugging his shoulder.

“What video games do you play?” Taehyung asked looking excited.

“Um, a lot of first person shooter games and a few fantasy and sci-fi games,” Jungkook answered.

“Do you play call of duty?” Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded.

“Sweet! What about Skyrim?” Taehyung continued and again Jungkook nodded realizing that the two of them would have a lot to talk about in the near future.

The conversations went on between the seven males. Each getting to know each other and discovering common interests and making plans for the future already. Jimin didn’t talk that much, instead, he listened and watched like he usually did. He watched the strings slowly begin to glow brighter as the bonds between the individuals grew stronger. He wondered how bright they’d end up glowing by the end of the year.

After lunch, they all returned to their respective classrooms for the rest of their lessons. Jimin usually paid attention in class but he was distracted today. He kept lightly pulling at the white string. All strings had a certain feel to them, and the way they felt usually indicated something important about the relationship between the two individuals. He’d first become aware of this fact when he had his first big argument with his parents when he’d turned thirteen. He had yelled at them, something he never did to anyone and screamed that he hated them and at the time he really thought he did. Either way, he had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter