Chapter 11

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

Orange= unknown

Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair

Texture Code:

Hot: extreme anger

Cold: Sadness

 

Jihyun didn’t want to go to school the next morning, and Jimin...well he caught a cold after all. Jihyun wanted to stay home and take care of Jimin, but Jimin didn’t let his younger brother do that.

“You’re going to school and that’s that. Mom will kill me if she finds out I let you stay home!” Jimin said weakly as he finished eating the breakfast Jihyun had kindly made.

“But you’re sick hyung! Who’s gonna take care of you if I leave for school?” Jihyun argued, eyebrows furrowed together in worry.

“Don’t worry Jihyun, I can take care of myself for a few hours. I’ll probably just be sleeping anyway. And it’s not like I can’t move or anything, so I’ll be fine. You go to school.” Jimin replied making it clear he wasn’t going to back down from his decision. Jihyun continued to complain as he got ready for school, but eventually gave up when he realized that all his complaining was doing was giving Jimin a headache.

“Drink this and go to sleep hyung. I’ll see myself out, you get some rest.” Jihyun said as he handed Jimin some cold medicine. Jimin drank the bitter liquid and made a disgusted face as he lay back down on his bed, feeling tired.

“Rest well hyung,” Jihyun said kissing his brother’s temple before heading out the door to get to school on time. He was still worried about Jimin, but he knew if he stayed Jimin would end up throwing a fit and that wouldn’t do the elder any good, so Jihyun might as well comply to save his brother the trouble.

Jimin fell asleep soon after Jihyun left, he wasn’t even aware of how he fell asleep or for how long he’d been asleep until he woke up and saw it was nearly one in the afternoon. Jimin still felt sick and sluggish but he knew he needed to drink his medicine again so he made his way out of bed and down to the kitchen. Once there he noticed a bowl on the table with foil paper covering it. Next to the bowl, was his medicine and a note.

Hyung, I made you lunch because I don’t want you trying to cook for yourself while you're sick (don’t deny it, we both know you’re crazy enough to do it). I don’t know when you’ll wake up but please warm it up if it’s gone cold and enjoy your meal. Make sure you take your medicine as well! And don’t bother doing the dishes, I’ll do them when I get home. Oh and I’ll also make dinner so don’t worry about it ok? You just focus on resting and getting better! Love you!

Jimin chuckled a bit as he pulled the foil paper of the bowl to find chicken soup which was surprisingly still warm. With a smile, Jimin began to eat, happy his younger brother cared for him so much, though he might not always show it. Jimin ate the food gratefully feeling rather hungry. He finished his food and took his medicine and then placed everything in the sink. After that, he made his way up to his room and laid on his bed again. But he couldn’t fall asleep, his mind was too awake for that.

After trying fruitlessly to fall asleep, Jimin got up and pulled out a book from his bookshelf. Turning the book around and reading the summary, he placed the book back and grabbed another reading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter