Chapter 20

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School was over for the day and it was time for dance practice. Jimin and Jungkook went to the dance studio where students were slowly flowing in and heading towards the locker rooms to change. Jimin told Jungkook to go ahead as he went to talk to Mrs. Lee. The dance instructor was at the front instructing a couple of students on a few mistakes they were making in their stretches. She’d always been strict on their stretching saying it made the difference between a career ending injury and a wonderful performance. Once Mrs. Lee was finished instructing the students she turned towards Jimin and smiled, motioning him over. Jimin went towards her and greeted her.

“Hey, Mrs. Lee,” Jimin said as he came to a stop in front of her.

“Good afternoon Jimin, I got your email with the what pairings you thought would be best, and I thought it was good. I only have a few tweaks I wanted to make. Also, I noticed you hadn’t picked a partner for yourself?” Mrs. Lee responded.

“Oh yea, uh I wasn’t sure who I should pick, so I paired everyone who wanted to be in group competitions up first and by the end of it there was no one left for me and I didn’t want to join a groups I made because I feel they were already well balanced” Jimin admitted.

“Ah I see...well are you planning to just drop out of the group one? What about doing the duet category instead?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Yea, I’m not gonna do the group one and I’ve already partnered everyone who wanted duet as well, so I’ll probably just do the solo competition,” Jimin replied nodding.

“You’re doing a performance at a competition?” A voice asked from behind Jimin. Mrs. Lee and Jimin turned to see Jungkook there looking at them curiously.

“Ah yes, you and Hoseok joined late so you wouldn’t know. There is a competition happening in two months but registration ends this week. Everyone here usually joins 1 to 3 categories. You’re welcome to join as well. Jimin can explain the competitions and help you figure out who you could partner with for the group or duet competition should you choose to join them. In fact...you should join the duet with Jimin, I think you two would make an excellent pair” Mrs. Lee suggested as she analyzed the both of them, probably already coming up with a few choreographies in her head for them to perform.

“Oh...um...I don’t know.” Jungkook said shyly as he glanced at Jimin, “Would you want me to be your partner hyung?”

“I’d love to partner with you, but only if you want to,” Jimin answered with a smile. Jungkook nodded saying he didn’t mind.

“Excellent! Then I’ll put you two down for the duet. Oh and maybe Hoseok will join you for the group one? You only need 3 to do that competition, though most groups tend to have 5.” Mrs. Lee mused.

“I’ll ask him, Mrs. Lee,” Jimin promised and Mrs. Lee nodded, then she sent Jimin to get changed as she gathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter