Chapter 4

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

 

-Chapter 4-

Jimin was working on his homework when he heard a knock and then the door to his room open. He glanced over to the door to see his younger brother come in. Jimin instantly knew something was wrong, as his brother was frowning and looked on the verge of tears.

“What’s wrong, Jihyun?” Jimin asked getting out of his seat and wrapping his arms around his brother and brought him towards his bed so they could both sit down together.

“Nothing,” Jihyun answered burying his face into Jimin’s shoulder.

“Jihyun, you know I’m here to help, but I can’t if you won’t tell me what’s wrong,” Jimin said gently knowing his brother didn’t like being seen as weak and so he hardly told anyone what the problem was until it was coaxed out of him. But since they were siblings, Jimin had always been able to coax things out of Jihyun much easier than others.

“I know,” Jihyun answered.

“So..?” Jimin prompted after a few seconds of silence.

“It...mom and I had an argument just now...and I said something rude to her, and dad heard...so now I’m grounded and can’t go to Kyung hyung’s birthday party tomorrow,” Jihyun said as tears began to spill out of his eyes and onto Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin patted his brother’s back and occasionally rubbed circles as well.

“There, there, it’s going to be alright. I’ll talk to mom and dad for you. You’ll be allowed to go the party, I’m sure.” Jimin said softly as he comforted his younger brother.

“Y-you will?” Jihyun asked sniffling as he pulled back a little to look Jimin in the face. “Y-you can con-convince th-them?”

“I’ll try my best. But for me to have a chance you’re going to have to explain exactly what happened and why you argued with her.” Jimin said as he ran his fingers through his brother’s hair.

Jihyun explained exactly what had transpired between him and their parents. While listening to the younger, Jimin concentrated on the strings connected to Jihyun so that he could feel them.

While Jimin could easily touch his own strings with a mere thought, it took a small amount of effort to feel other people’s strings. In a way Jimin had to concentrate and make the strings he saw, solidify before him so he could actually feel them. And Jimin was actually thankful for this because if this weren’t the case he’d never be able to walk around freely, seeing as he was often surrounded by strings. Another thing Jimin had learned early on was how to stop seeing the strings, he had learned to this in kindergarten since he had to focus on the few lessons their teacher would give.

He could still remember having been small and accustomed to seeing strings all around him and not knowing how to stop seeing them. But then he started school and the teacher would use the blackboard in the front to teach them and he wouldn’t be able to see, because of all the string blocking his path. He’d been really frustrated the first few days of school because he hadn’t been able to see past the strings, and he couldn’t even explain the dilemma to anyone because no one else could see them. But Jimin eventually learned out to concentrate his gaze and block out his vision on the strings. And as time went on he had mastered the ability to stop seeing strings when he needed to.

Jimin reached out for the string that represented Jihyun’s relationship with their mom. Jimin instinctively knew which string was which on his brother and most of his friends, he didn’t exactly know how he knew, but he just did. He just had to think about which relationship he wanted to feel and the string would somehow stand out to him. It was weird because, in all honesty, he couldn’t see any change but he’d be so confident it was the right string when he went to touch it. However,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter