Chapter 7

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

Orange= unknown

Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair

Texture Code:

Hot: extreme anger

Cold: Sadness

 

Over the next couple of days, the relationship between Yoongi and Taehyung grew more strained. All Taehyung wanted to do was apologize to Yoongi, but Yoongi kept avoiding him. And not just him, Yoongi avoided everyone in their friend group. Jimin could practically feel the sadness radiating off of Taehyung from Yoongi’s behavior and he wanted to do something about it but even he couldn’t catch Yoongi alone. Jimin grew frustrated as he watched the rift between the two grow on the third day and affect the color of their string. Whatever was going on with Yoongi was causing the red string between the two to lose its color which meant that something really serious was going on, something that needed to be fixed really soon or the red string would lose it’s color and began to collect spots of gray, and then it might even turn completely gray.

Jimin hated seeing that color even more than seeing the purple colored string. Gray wasn’t exactly a rare color in of itself, but a completely gray string was. He’d witnessed only a handful of people with a completely gray string. Strings that became completely gray meant the relationship between the two people had gone awry, it had reached the point of no return. A gray string symbolized a broken relationship, one beyond repair. For most people their string’s color would fade and bits would become gray for a while but then somehow the relationship would be fixed and the gray would disappear.

It was thanks to his previous neighbors that he’d learned this. As a child, he’d seen his neighbors have a bright red string connecting them, but one day it suddenly lost its shine and bits of it began to turn gray. Jimin had been seven at the time and he didn’t understand why the string was turning gray but was curious enough to find out. He’d talked to the lady and asked her if anything was wrong, she’d given him a sad smile and said it was just relationship problems. He had watched the string closely from that day on and noticed that a few days later it had lost the gray and regained its color. But a week after that it had turned gray again but to a greater degree. And then the following week it turned completely gray and the man who used to live with the woman left and never came back. A month later the woman moved away too. Jimin didn’t understand what had happened at the time, but a year later he’d overheard a conversation between his parents and his aunt that explained it. It turned out the man had cheated on the woman, she’d forgive him the first time and they had been ok. But then the woman had learned he hadn’t stopped cheating, rather he’d been doing it for much longer than she’d thought. After learning this the two had a huge fight and the man had moved out and thus the relationship was shattered.

Knowing this you’d think there would be grayer in the world since cheating and other strains that occur in relationships happen all the time. But strings connecting two people’s hearts are unique, you only end up with a handful of people like that. And so those relationships tended to last, in a way they were those two belonged to each other and were meant to be. It took a lot of things to cause that type of bond to break, as such a completely gray string was rare and really sad in Jimin’s opinion. He did not want to see that become even a remote

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter