Truth

Temptation of Love

===

Sejeong was at the garage, fixing a broken engine of the family car. Little did she know, her mother and child were watching. Hana and Hyeyeon laughed of the sight of the Alpha, working hard despite of the smudges of oil and gasoline presented on Sejeong's face.

"Mommy, Daddy deserves a break from all the work," said Hyeyeon.

"You're right, baby." Hana said to her daughter.

"I know!" Hyeyeon had a idea. "Why don't you go on a date?" She grinned. "I'm sure Daddy won't mind."

Hana thought it was the best idea Hyeyeon came up with. She was excited just thinking about it. "Okay. Why don't you tell Daddy?"

Hyeyeon nodded and waited for Sejeong to get out underneath the car. Hyeyeon went to hug Sejeong as soon as she got out.

"Aigoo...what is it, baby?" Sejeong gets a good look at her beautiful daughter. "You might have to take a bath again. You've smudged your shirt with motor oil."

"I know, Daddy. It's fine." Hyeyeon nodded. "Can we talk?"

Sejeong could only nod. "Okay. What is it?"

"Take Mommy on a date this Friday." Hyeyeon gleamed.

Sejeong froze. She checked the calendar hanging by her set of tools and saw the date Hyeyeon suggested.

It was the 13th of Friday, her anniversary with Nayoung. Nayoung already planned a date for them in the afternoon. Sejeong thought about Hyeyeon's idea for a while. To be completely honest, she can't do it.

"Daddy, please~~" Hyeyeon's voice made her come back to reality. "Will you do it for me and Mommy?"

No, Hyeyeon-ah... Sejeong thought.

"Please?" Hyeyeon pleaded, her eyes almost tearing up.

This was madness. She can't say no to Hyeyeon, not with the pout and teary eyes. She thought about it one more time and said her answer. "Okay."

Hyeyeon cheered and tackled her Alpha mom for a hug. Sejeong couldn't help but hug back. 

"I love you, Daddy..." Hyeyeon mumbled.

"I love you too, baby." Sejeong said back then she lets go. "Now go and wash up again. You're dirty."

Hyeyeon nodded and went inside the house. She made a stop towards her mother, who was busy making lunch. 

"Mommy, mommy~!" Hyeyeon called.

With Hyeyeon's call, Hana stopped and faced her daughter, getting excited as she was. "How did it go?"

"It's a yes, Mommy~!" Hyeyeon cheered.

Hana was so happy that she tackled her messy daughter for a hug, all while adding kisses on her face. "Thank you, thank you thank you~~"

"I love you, Mommy..." Hyeyeon grinned.

"Mommy loves you too, sweetie. Now go and clean yourself up." Hana said back.

Hyeyeon resumed her running towards her room and Hana could only chuckle. Deep down, she was eager and happy.

With that, she wants to prepare herself for Sejeong.

•••••

At another time and place, Sejeong was doing a painting of a little house. Mina was busy with her assignment as Sejeong wondered where Nayoung was. Nontheless, Sejeong continued to paint when she saw a hand guiding hers to fill in the color without making any smudges.

"Hey, lazy bones." Sejeong greeted. "You seem excited."

"Of course, I am...because I'm taking you on a date in our anniversary date." Nayoung grinned and Sejeong couldn't help her laugh.

Take Mommy on a date this Friday.

Sejeong froze of remembering Hyeyeon's words, causing her paintbrush to fall onto her painting, messing it up. Nayoung noticed that and fixed Sejeong's painting before coming to her lover's aid.

"Sejeong-ah, is something wrong?" Nayoung asked her.

"Huh?" Sejeong came back to reality and shook her head. "It's nothing, Nayoungie."

"Okay." Nayoung pats her head and pulled Sejeong close to her, hugging her tight.

Sejeong hugged back but not as tight as it used to be. Mina seemed to notice her parents and she squealed lightly before going back to her homework. 

Mina worked on the usual plates and short bring-home activities when a ring disrupted her. She checked her phone and she smiled while answering it. "Yesseu?"

*Stop with the cute flirting...*

Mina laughed on the line and answered again. "What's wrong with it? It's cute."

*It is but seriously, you're making me all tingly...*

"I do because I love you." Mina whispered.

*You're at home, aren't you?*

"Yeah. My parents are in the other side of my study." Mina said again.

A scarmbling sound was heard and Mina wondered of it. She also heard her words muffled. She even heard Somi's.

"Penguin...is everything okay?" Mina asked.

*It's fine. Somi's been into trouble again. I'll call you later.*

"Okay." Mina nodded. "I love you."

*I love you too. Bye.*

Mina hung up and hastily grabbed some paper. She recalled those muffled noises and heard something peculiar. She wrote those peculiar terms...words...names...whatever...

Sejeong Hana

"Hana...isn't this Hyeyeon's mom?" Mina mumbled. "And what does this have to do with Eomma?"

Some messed-up idea lingered on her brain as she thought about it...and she hopes to get answers by then...

•••••

"Get in here. Now."

Someone slammed the telephone on the table. The two children could only sit down and watch their mother. She faced her two children and asked the taller one. "How long has this been going on?"

"About a few days ago, Eomma." She answered. 

"What about Mina? Hyeyeon?" The mother asked again.

"They're still getting along well. Nothing's changed," said the youngest.

The mother nodded and sat by the chair, facing her children. She runs her thumb and point by the bridge of her nose and hissed.

"Eomma, why are you mad about this?" The eldest asked.

"Who wouldn't be, Sohye-ya? Your aunt is gettin reckless. What if things will finally go for the worst?"

A knock disrupted their conversation and Sejeong opened the door, panting hard. The woman dragged her in and made her sit down.

"Chungha, what made you call me and force me to come here?" Sejeong asked.

"Sohye, Somi, go to your room." Chungha instructed.

Sohye and Somi nodded and they went upstairs. Chungha faces her cousin and she doesn't like her actions one bit. She crosses her arms. "How long have you planned to wreck everything apart?"

"I won't, Chungha." Sejeong assured her.

"Don't make me into a fool, Sejeong." Chungha said through gritted teeth. "You're planning to see both of them at the same time, is that it?! What made you think you can get away with it this time?! What are you going to do if you get caught?!"

"I won't." Sejeong said again. "I'll do the usual things and I won't get caught."

"Heh, I thought you're going to stop. This is bull, Sejeong." Chungha commented. "As your cousin, I let it slip. You're happy and you've been fine with life so why should I meddle and stop you from your happiness... but look at the reality, Sejeong." Chungha slams her hand. "You're taking two people out on the same day at the same time. In another picture, your kids are growing curious, especially Mina. And do you know what Sohye told me?" 

"W-What?" Sejeong stuttered.

"Your children are speculating of your absence in school activities, even Mina heard our muffles on one phone call." Chungha said, making Sejeong flinch. "I scolded  Sohye for not turning her phone right away. And by Sohye's feeling, Mina is eager to get some answers."

Sejeong could only lower her head. Chungha was growing madder, slamming the table again to let Sejeong listen to her. 

"Sejeong! What is it gonna be? You're going to stop and confess directly or run and hide like a syndicate and let the truth reveal itself?"

Sejeong didn't heed her cousin's words this time. She stands up and faced her. "It seems I've wasted my time coming here. I'll be dealing my life myself." 

"Yah, Sejeong-"

"Chungha, thanks for your help..." Sejeong began as she went to the door. "...but it's about time I fix my own problems..."

Sejeong left. Chungha was still mad at her cousin for her recklessness but what can she do? She sits on her chair and she hopes Sejeong can deal the problem by now.

•••••

In a bedroom, Hana was checking herself in the mirror with some cocktail dresses she was picking. Sejeong came inside and took a glance at her wife and thought she was a goddess...a goddess hurt by a mortal sinner such as herself...

"Sejeongie." Hana called and Sejeong looked at her. "How do I look?"

"You look wonderful." Sejeong commented.

Hana went closer to her and hugged her tight. Sejeong could only hug her back. Hana noticed the difference that she broke and looked intently at Sejeong. 

"Is everything okay?" Hana asked.

"Y-Yeah..." Sejeong nodded. "Speaking of which..."

"What is it?" Hana asked again.

"Our little date might only last until noon." Sejeong commented. 

"Why?" Hana crossed her arms. "Come on, Sejeongie. It's a Friday, a weekend. We should date the whole day."

"Hana-"

"You're not going anywhere out of my sight this time." Hana said seriously. "We're having our date the whole day and that's that."

"But what about Hyeyeon?" Sejeong asked.

"She's off to visit her friends, Sohye and Mina."

Mina...

"O-Okay..." Sejeong said, hiding her worries.

Deep down, she was worried. She promised Nayoung a date too. And with her children together doing God knows what, things just started to toll on its own.

•••••

A giddy Kim Nayoung was walking on the streets of Seoul, prepping herself up as she carried a bouquet of roses. She got towards her planned setting for her date with Sejeong and she had to stop, face the shiny glass and fix her precious hair.

From a distance, Sejeong drove Hana to a restaurant she planned to take her. As she drove, she saw Nayoung going inside another restaurant. Sejeong cussed in her mind. How was she going to do this ? She even had less composure imagining Nayoung waiting for her. Nonetheless, she parked the car close to the restaurant but far enough for Nayoung to notice. She escorted Hana inside the said restaurant and got to their table.

Hana was enjoying herself. She was happy to finally have her Alpha wife for a day. Sejeong? She was formulating a way to have a date with Nayoung without raising any suspicions. 

Sejeong tries to stay calm and do thing naturally, like ordering their meal and having the talks with Hana. But as time passed, the more anxious Sejeong was. She even took glances at the window and saw Nayoung's silhouette on the other side.

"Sejeongie?" Hana called and the Alpha gasped.

"Y-Yes?" Sejeong responded.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Hana asked, getting worried.

"Y-Yeah...just opening the window for some fresh air, hehe..." Sejeong said as she opened the window lightly then closing it back. "On second thought...I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

"Okay." Hana laughed lightly, finding Sejeong funny.

Sejeong laughed with her and walked casually to the comfort room. Then, she almost does the impossible, going towards an alternate route and got out of the restaurant. Sejeong checked the area and made sre to get to the other side swiftly. Sejeong got to the door of the other restaurant and saw Nayoung. She cheered lightly and went towards her table.

"Hey~" Sejeong greeted Nayoung. "Sorry I'm late."

"Haha, you're not, Sejeong-ah. I'm just early." Nayoung said as she was happy to see her lover, then getting the bouquet. "I got you these."

Sejeong thanked her and adored Nayoung's efforts. She was too distracted with the bouquet when she felt something on her cheek. She looked up and Nayoung gave her the worried look. "What happened to you chin? Why does it have a scratch?"

Uhh...because I got scratched by some wire???

"It's nothing, Nayoungie. I'm still alive." Sejeong said, making Nayoung laugh.

Then they had their talks. From their own personal stuff to Mina's walk of life, the topic went on and on...until...

"Sejeong-ah. I need to say something." Nayoung looked intently at her.

"What is it, Nayoungie?"

"It's..."

*RING*

.

Sejeong excused herself and went to answer the call. She almost cussed. It was Hana. Sejeong went out but she went far from Hana's sight by her window. "Yes?"

*What's taking you so long in the comfort room? Our food's been served.*

"Okaaaay~" Sejeong said and hung up. 

Sejeong huffed and retraced her way back to the comfort room. She checked herself first then went out, going back to the table with Hana.

"Sorry...my stomach went upset all of a sudden." She mumbled,

"Aww~" Hana grew worried and patted Sejeong's head. "Will you be okay?"

Sejeong just nodded,not wanting Hana to worry any further. They smiled for a bit then dug in their meal. They had their usual talks and Sejeong would joke around and made Hana laugh. But then, a ruckus came in as a waiter went clumsy and spilled soup on another customer's dress. Hana and Sejeong gasped as an argument happened. With that, Hana got distracted and Sejeong escapes her way back, going back to the other side of her goddamn lie.

She got to the other restaurant again and sat back, facing Nayoung. 

"Is this our..." Sejeong was loss for words.

"Yes..." Nayoung chuckled on how cute Sejeong was. "Uh...Sejeong-ah?" Nayoung points at Sejeong's chin. "You got something red on..."

"Oops. The wall in the comfort room...it's uhh..." Sejeong formulates reason. "...the paint's new. Mind me. I got careless."

"Okay..." Nayoung just nodded.

They dig in and had another dose of talks. Sejeong remembered something as she asks Nayoung.

"So...is there something you wanted to tell me?" Sejeong gleamed, inching closer to Nayoung.

"Yes. Uh...I've been thinking about this for a long time..." Nayoung spoke.

"What is it?" Sejeong asked.

"I want us to get married, Sejeong." Nayoung spoke directly.

It shocked Sejeong. Sure, she was happy but...it's going to make everything she hid for so long reveal itself. She can't risk that. And with a view of Hana standing up, she was ed up if she doesn't move.

"Uh, Nayoungie...I need to pee again. Excuse me." Sejeong said instantly and rushed inside the toilet, leaving a dumbfounded Nayoung.

Sejeong went back again and went back to Hana's full attention, making her wife to sit back down. And throughout the course of the day, it went on for a long time. Sejeong thought she was going to exhaust herself like an immigrant moving from the borderline of North K. and South K. but she continued to do it, letting her selfish and stubborn mind take over her actions.

Nayoung thought it was annoying. She even thought she was hallucinating. She would've sworn she saw Sejeong outside and going inside another restaurant on the other side of the road. Growing impatient, she asked for the bill and decided to follow Sejeong on the other side.

On the other side, Sejeong and Hana resumed their time together. Sejeong was urging herself to move again. Hana noticed her wife's movements that as Sejeong was about to stand, she stopped her.

"Alright, no more standing and no more wandering off." Hana batted. "No one is leaving this table, okay?"

Sejeong didn't argue and nodded. Hana sighed and talked to Sejeong when Sejeong was quick and was standing by her side, getting herself wet with champagne.

"Heh...just like last time when we got married..." Sejeong chuckled.

"Sejeongie~!" Hana forces her to sit down and wipes Sejeong's dress. "Why did you..."

The clumsy waiter apologized to them as he was scolded by the manager, firing him at the same ground. Sejeong felt bad but she felt badder for another person. 

"Hana." Sejeong called. "Mind if I go the comfort room and clean up?"

Hana lets her. Sejeong huffed and was about to go when she saw someone. Seeing the person made her pale. 

It was Nayoung.

===

The spirit of a writer can sometimes get out of control. For instance, my spirit towards this particular confusing and abrupt chapter. 

Like I said before, the answers will  be revealed in a blog and throughout this story. Now, one part of some revelations has been revealed and the rest will go down by the books. Like one reader commented, Sejeong got into deep . The question would be this...

How will it go in the future?

Due to some confusions whatsoever, you can comment below of what you would think would happen. Also, this will end soon....maybe with the last two or three chapters. 

Also, I have another Gugudan fanfic which will be updated soon. Don't forget to stay tuned.

With a whole of love, asahdako.