A Lie in a Nutshell

Temptation of Love

===

Sejeong and Hana were at a restaurant. Hana was skimming the menu as Sejeong made a call towards their daughter.

*Ugh...yes, Daddy?*

"Hyeyeon-ah." Sejeong was relieved that she answered. "It has been an hour since your last text. Remember that we're having our family dinner." 

Hyeyeon just replied with a hum and hung up. Sejeong sighed as Hana held her hand.

"Don't be too strict on Hyeyeon. You didn't attend her junior high graduation, which really disappointed me, Sejeong." Hana said. "Where did you wander off?"

"I didn't wander off, Hana. My assessment for the project took longer than expected." Sejeong reasoned.

"All the same." Hana refuted. "This is an important event for Hyeyeon. She was dying that you'd see her but you didn't."

Hyeyeon arrived and greeted her parents. Sejeong apologized for not attending but Hyeyeon was still mad. "You don't attend any school activities at all. Only Mommy does."

"Hyeyeon. That's not how you talk to your Daddy." Hana scolds her.

"It's fine. The child was just being honest." Sejeong said, then getting a box and showing it to Hana. "For you, my baby Hyeyeon."

Hyeyeon looked away. But then, she knew her Daddy was busy and was sorry. Hyeyeon looked at her parents and was tearing up as she opened the box. 

"Daddy...this is..."

"The phone you wanted." Sejeong said. "I got your Aunt Sally to help. It has two cases, one from your Aunt Mimi and one from me." Sejeong pats her daughter's head. "Your Mommy told me that you've been doing excellent in school and that you're an honor student. This is my gift for you."

Hana adored the sight of her Alpha and their child. Hyeyeon checked it out and she loved it. Hyeyeon went to tackle her Daddy for a hug and she sniffled.

"Thank you, Daddy. I'm sorry I talked back at you." Hyeyeon said, hugging Sejeong tight.

"Aigoo, don't be. It's what Daddy does for you. I love you just like Mommy loves you." Sejeong smiled and Hyeyeon was happy again.

"You love Mommy the most, right?" Hyeyeon gleamed.

"I do." Sejeong said, kissing Hana's hand, making her giggle.

"Okay. We shall order." Hana said as she calls the waiter.

"Let me do it, honey," said Sejeong.

Sejeong listens to her mother and child and relayed the orders to the waiter. Once she was done, Hyeyeon was messing with the toothpicks and wondered of the place.

"Daddy, what's with the change of venue?" Hyeyeon asked. "We usually eat at Temptastic. The food's always good there."

"Hyeyeon's right, honey." Hana said.

"It's about time we try something new. Besides, it's the best restaurant and our baby's graduated so we should eat at the best restaurant." Sejeong reasoned again.

Hana and Hyeyeon nod. Hyeyeon began talking as Sejeong and Hana listened.

At the back of Sejeong's mind, she was reminded that she had eaten at this restaurant with Nayoung and Mina a few hours ago. Her sub-conscience laughed, knowing she might get ed up sooner or later.

•••••

Soyee and Sally were doing their job. Sejeong was also there, busy. Soyee would've shrugged and resumed when she noticed Sally's stare on Sejeong. 

"Sejeong." Sally called and Sejeong responded with a what. "Can I ask something?"

"What is it?" Sejeong asked.

"Why did you come back to work full-time just now?" Sally asked. "You were gone for months. Where did you run off?" 

"Yah, Liu Xiening-"

"Look at me and answer me, Sejeong." Sally said sternly.

Sejeong was wondering of Sally's change of attitude. Sally would've kept her sense of cool till the end but she was sensing something wrong. It rooted on her mind and it was about time she interrogated Sejeong for some answers.

Sally pulls Sejeong off of her cubicle and they got to a private sector. Sejeong was getting pissed when Sally slammed her hand on the wall.

"I've been sensing something wrong, Sejeong. And you better give me some answers." Sally huffed.

"Sally...what are you talking about?" Sejeong asked.

"Don't play dumb with me, Sejeong." Sally said. "You're having an extramarital relationship with Nayoung, aren't you?" 

Sejeong froze for a moment but regained composure. "That's ridiculous-"

"Ridiculous? I know you, Sejeong. Your love for Nayoung's still there. You're the first person to know she's alive. Soyee shared to me you met unexpectedly. That would make sense of those hours without work and her sudden appearance, now would it?" Sally batted.

Sejeong was all confused although she was hiding the fact. She can't let it slip. "I don't understand, Sally. What are you trying to explain here? If you're wondering of my meeting with Nayoung, it WAS unexpected but we stayed as friends." Sejeong looked intently at Sally.

"You're lying, Sejeong." Sally said and Sejeong was almost sweating bullets. "You longed for Nayoung to return. I may know that she's alive and I would've thought you moved on. You had a wife after all." Sally moved closer. "But I remember that one time I attended Mina's first birthday."

It hit Sejeong. She gulped as she was sweating hard. Sally popped a cork on Sejeong's secrets. She was right after all. 

"Sally-"

"I thought that the child was Nayoung's. I would've thought Nayoung was a single mom. But seeing her eyes...they resemble yours...and I had my hunch."

Sally gritted her teeth and slapped Sejeong's face. Sejeong hissed of that and she never thought Sally was silent...but deadly.

"You're afraid now. I'd tell Soyee and she'd tell Nayoung. Or worse...I could tell Hana." Sally said. "But no. You got into this mess yourself. I don't clean others' messes."

Sally walked away. Sejeong was panicking as she thought of what will happen, now that Sally revealed herself.

•••••

Sejeong was at Nayoung's. Mina was talking to her and stopped as she got a call from Sohye. As Mina went out to answer the call, Sejeong went to look for Nayoung.

Sejeong saw her at their bedroom, working out. Sejeong leaned by the door, admiring her Alpha when she got a call. Sejeong panicked and turned around, seeing Hana's name flashing.

"Sejeong?" Sejeong gasped as she saw Nayoung by her back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Sejeong puts her phone in her pocket.

Sejeong went to Nayoung's attention, cupping her face and roaming her hands down her body, finding her so hot.

"Eomma!" She heard Mina call.

"Go to her. I'll catch up." Nayoung said, kissing Sejeong's forehead.

Sejeong nodded and went down. Nayoung shut the door and her teeth gritted involuntarily.

She was sure she saw the name 'Hana'. She remembered it was a parent of Mina's classmate, Hyeyeon. But then, it could be any Hana. 

She was eager to know somehow...

•••••

Hana and Sejeong had lunch as a date. Sejeong excused herself to the bathroom and Hana just nodded. Sejeong got in, peed, then went out to fix her hair when she saw Nayoung going out. She gasped.

"Sejeong-ah. You're here?" Nayoung wondered.

"Nayoungie!" Sejeong yelped lightly.

"I just came but I first stopped by the bathroom. Now that we're here, let's have lunch." Nayoung smiled.

She couldn't. "Nayoungie...I have something to do."

"At this restaurant?" Nayoung asked, pinching closer to Sejeong.

"Yeah..." Sejeong nodded hastily.

"Okay..." Nayoung nods and kissed Sejeong.

Sejeong gulped but she was tempted, kissing Nayoung back. Sejeong realized that Hana might be waiting that she broke.

"I'll see you later." Sejeong said. 

Nayoung nodded and left the bathroom first. Sejeong took the time and to wash her face and relieve herself. Just then, Hana came in.

"Sejeongie!" Hana called. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry..." Sejeong mumbled as they went back to their table.

•••••

Hana was off to pick Hyeyeon from school. Hana got out of her car and went inside the school, seeing Hyeyeon with her friends, Mina and Sohye.

"Mommy." Hyeyeon saw her mother and went to hug her.

"Hey, sweetie. How's school?" Hana asked.

"It's been fine, Mommy. Daddy's at home?" Hyeyeon asked. 

"She is. She's tired." Hana said.

Hyeyeon introduced her friends to her mom and they greeted. Hana greeted the kids, smiling at Sohye and stopped a little as she got to look at Mina.

Hana wondered. Her eyes were familiar, almost familiar to Sejeong's. With that, she began to speculate when Hyeyeon made her come back to reality.

"Mommy?"

"Sorry, baby." Hana apologizes as she faces the children. "How about I take your friends home too?"

"It's fine, Imonie." Sohye insisted. "I have my sister and I promised my mom I'm taking her home."

"Me too, Imonie. I have my Appa to pick me up." Mina added.

Hana just nodded and Hyeyeon bids goodbye to her friends. She and Hana got to the car. During the drive, Hyeyeon somehow noticed her mother's expression.

"Mommy? Is everything okay?" Hyeyeon asked.

"It's nothing, baby." Hana assured her.

When they got home, Hyeyeon went in excitedly to see her Daddy. Hana went in, seeing Sejeong hugging Hyeyeon. 

"Hyeyeon, go and change so that you can study." Hana said.

Hyeyeon nodded and went to her room. Sejeong went to greet her wife and Hana huffed lightly. Sejeong noticed her expression and wondered what's wrong.

"We need to talk." Hana said.

Sejeong nodded as she and Hana went to their bedroom. Sejeong and Hana sat by the bed as Hana continued to sigh hard.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Sejeong asked.

"I'm bothered of one of Hyeyeon's friends, Sejeongie." Hana said. 

"Which of her friends?" Sejeong asked.

"There's was this one that almost looked like you. Her name's Mina." Hana said.

Sejeong's conscience was panicking. Has Hana found out?

"Looks can be deceiving, dear. That shouldn't matter. I mean...Hyeyeon knows how to pick decent friends."

"You're right." Hana nods. "Mind me for that."

"You must be tired or hungry. How about I make dinner?" Sejeong offered.

Hana hugged her from the back before she could go. Sejeong stood there, facing the mirror, seeing Hana kiss her bare shoulder.

"I miss you..." Hana mumbled. "You're always busy. I miss holding you like this."

Sejeong faced Hana and guided her on the bed. Hana pulled Sejeong down, caressing her face. Sejeong gulped as she felt Hana's lips beyond hers.

"Hyeyeon...she might..."

"Hyeyeon is busy studying." Hana mumbled, taking Sejeong's robe off. "Now..." Hana holds Sejeong's face, looking onto her. "...focus on me."

Sejeong sighed as she kissed Hana this time.

•••••

Chungha watched Sejeong pacing around. With Sejeong's expression, Chungha realized that she was about to reach her point.

"Told you you'd get there." Chungha said.

"You're not helping." Sejeong hissed.

"It's the truth." Chungha said back. "Calm down and let's talk about this."

Sejeong nodded and Chungha pats her shoulder. "I can help you hide that but time will come that the truth frees itself. The question is that..." Chungha huffed. "...will you be ready to face the consequences if it happens?"

Sejeong thought about everything that has happened. She knew it was her mistake because to selfishness and temptation. Sejeong held onto her cousin's hand and she nods.

•••••

Sohye was watching over her sister playing with the other kids. Sohye smiled and was about to get up when she felt a hug on her back.

"Penguin ~" It was Hyeyeon.

"Oh, hi, Hyeyeon." Sohye greeted.

"Yah, Cho Hyeyeon! What are you doing with my girlfriend?"

"Whoops." Hyeyeon got herself off of Sohye. "Why can't I hug my best friend?"

Mina rolls her eyes and went to Sohye, hugging her tight. Sohye hugged back as Hyeyeon joined with Somi to play.

Sohye and Mina sat by the benches, looking at them.

"It's nice seeing Hyeyeon go around and play sometimes. Studying too much is just boring." Mina said.

"True." Sohye nodded.

"Penguin, can I share a secret?" Mina asked and Sohye nodded. "You know, I'm lucky to have Hyeyeon as a best friend. We almost have a lot of things in common...but..."

"But what?" Sohye asked.

"Why do I see my Eomma in her? It's a bit weird." Mina pouted.

"That's one of delusions you face when you have a mutual connection with someone." Sohye said.

"It's different when I'm with you." Mina faced Sohye, wrapping her arms around her. "This one feels like... Hyeyeon may be related to me."

"That's ridiculous, Mina." Sohye chuckled.

"Help me solve my little curiosity, baby." Mina pouted.

Sohye nods and they kissed. Mina broke and spoke. "I love you..."

"I love you too." Sohye smiled.

"Get a room, you two." Hyeyeon spat and Somi was with her.

Mina stuck a tongue as she dragged Hyeyeon to get some treats. Somi went to her unnie and said: "Unnie, how can I help Eomma?"

Sohye pats her head. "Let's watch over them, just like what Eomma told us."

"Ne." Little Somi nodded.

===

This has been the eighth. Due to some confusion of the story, I might decide to end this quickly. I deeply apologize for the confusions of the story. 

For the confused readers, I read your questions and I plan to answer them on my first Gugudan-related blog. Sorry to stir your thoughts too much. 

With love, asahdako.