As If It's The Last (Part 1)

Temptation of Love

===

It was another start of Mina's new phase of life. She heard sounds of laughter from her parents from the other side of the room as she sat up and put a hand on her forehead, realizing that she was with the person whom she looked up to before then got her heart broken with the same person. 

A ring disrupted Mina's field of thought as she got her phone and answered the call. It brought a smile on her face as she answered it. "Jagiya~"

Good morning, jagiya~

"Take me out today~ please~" Mina cooed.

Okay. Where shall we go? I'll let you decide.

"Can we go at a bar?" Mina grinned. "You're turning 18 soon."

Okay. 

"You're the best, Sohye-ya~" Mina said. "I love you."

I love you too. I'll pick you up later this evening.

"Okay, baby." Mina said. "See you later."

Mina hangs up and decided to get up and fix her bed. Mina got out of her room and walked slowly towards the kitchen to see Sejeong making breakfast. Mina cussed in her thoughts. The timing was just so wrong.

"Good morning, my little pumpkin." Sejeong greeted with the widest of smiles. "Come, come."

"It's fine, Eomma. I have to go somewhere." Mina said.

"Have breakfast first." Sejeong said back.

"Seriously, Eomma... I'm fine. I'll just buy something to eat outside." Mina backfired.

"Mina." Nayoung called and Mina sighed helplessly in her thoughts. "Your Eomma made breakfast. Let's eat."

Mina lowered her head lightly and didn't have a choice but to obey. The three said grace and ate quietly until Nayoung and Sejeong shared laughters and happy talks with their daughter. Mina cringed lightly, especially when Sejeong asked her questions to which she answered coldly. 

"Here, baby." Sejeong got her share of acorn jelly and moved it to Mina's plate. "I can't eat much of this because I know this is your favorite."

Mina looked at the dish like a kid cringing it and puts her spoon down before Sejeong could serve her some rice.

"Thanks for the meal." Mina mumbled and went up to her room.

"Mina." Nayoung called sternly. "Mina-"

"It's okay," said Sejeong.

"But-"

"I understand Mina ia still mad at me." Sejeong said, almost crying. "If she needs time, I'll wait until she can forgive me."

•••••

In the Kim household, Hyeyeon and Hana were eating breakfast quietly. As Hyeyeon munched, she sighed in her thoughts as Hana ate like a dazed woman. Hyeyeon grew worried and heled Hana's hand. "Mommy..."

Hana knew her daughter was worrying as she held her daughter's hand back. "I'm okay, my dear Hyeyeon."

"Is this about Daddy?" Hyeyeon pouted and Hana learned to be honest as she nodded. "Well, I miss Daddy too."

"I'm sorry if I'm worried sick, Hyeyeon-ah." Hana spoke. "I'm just afraid that your Daddy will leave with her other family."

"Mommy." Hyeyeon said seriously. "What if we all just live in the same roof for Daddy?"

"Hyeyeon, that can't be done. There will be tension and awkwardness and I cannot let that happen." Hana answered.

"It's just that Daddy can't just pick either side. We are her family, even Imonie Nayoung and Mina are her family." Hyeyeon said.

"We're her legal family, Hyeyeon. We have more authority for your Daddy than them." Hana said sternly. "Let's not talk about it now. Eat."

Hyeyeon obeyed and they ate again as Hana had her thoughts settled on the discussion.

Hyeyeon was almost the considerate one towards Sejeong's sin. She wouldn't mind that Nayoung and Mina will live with them. She could finally meet and take Mina as her sister. For Hana, she was too worried. Her competitor for Sejeong was an Alpha. What if they live in one roof and Sejeong will have more attention towards Nayoung than her? What if she was to be compared with Nayoung? What if Sejeong loves Nayoung more than her?

They were the legal family, she thought. But she cannot be stingy for Sejeong. At the end of the day, Sejeong is her Alpha and the Alpha of their family. She just hopes that Sejeong will choose a side. Mostly, she prays that side was hers.

•••••

School went on like the usual for Mina and Hyeyeon. Hyeyeon was submerged deep into studying whereas Mina maintained the academe while she was in a relationship with Sohye. Mina was at the corridor, reading a textbook. She was waiting as Sohye was still doing practices for the volleyball team.

"Mina~" She looked at the side and there was Hyeyeon.

Mina would've been a sourpuss, ignore Hyeyeon and just go wait for Sohye someplace else. But a tang of realization hits her that kept her still as Hyeyeon went closer and sat next to her.

"Waiting for Sohye?" Hyeyeon asked.

"Yeah. The usual..." Mina mumbled and went back to read her book. "What do you want, anyways?"

"Nothing much. I just want to see my unnie."

Mina slammed her book shut. She knew Hyeyeon must've been albeit scared but she cringed of the word. She faces Hyeyeon with a glare. "Look. As much as I'm testing my patience whether I need to forgive you or not, don't you ever use that word to me." Mina resumed reading. "We're not sisters."

"Sorry...it's just that even though Daddy made a sin, I want you to know that I never thought I'd have a best friend as my sister. Besides, I missed our bonds, Mina. You, me, and Sohye..." Hyeyeon said.

"I'm sorry for that. To be honest, it's better to stay away." Mina said. "That way, you won't get hurt of the fact that your said sister is dating your crush and the fact that your said sister couldn't accept you as family."

"Mina." Hyeyeon stopped her again. "It doesn't have to be this way. If our other parents can't compromise of Daddy's predicament, we should do it for them."

"Can I have more time?" Mina asked. "As much as I'd compromise with our families, I cannot do that...not unless I can find a heart to forgive Eomma."

Hyeyeon smiled. Mina thought she'd do the opposite.

"I would never want Daddy to pick a side. But if it's for best, I respect her choice..." Hyeyeon pats Mina's back. "...and I'll wait for yours."

Hyeyeon left Mina. Mina could only comtemplate as her hand clutched onto her book. Sohye was done with her practice and got a glimpse of Mina and Hyeyeon talking. She was happy that the two sisters got to talk but she was worried when Mina didn't look too good. She went closer to check on her girlfriend when Mina tackled her for a hug and cried in her arms.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sohye asked.

"Y-Yes..." Mina spoke. "Can we go to the bar again?"

"Sure, baby." Sohye said. "Whatever you need."

•••••

"Where's Mina?" Nayoung asked.

"She texted me." Sejeong chuckled.

"And?" Nayoung asked, feeling happy that her mother and child were communicating at least.

"She's with Sohye. I'm sure you got a text too, Nayoungie."

And Nayoung did. But unlike a calm Sejeong, she hissed. "This is madness. I warned her not to get attached to that woman. I almost find disrespectful since she puts priority in her girlfriend rather than family."

"Please understand her, Nayoungie. It's my fault our daughter became like that." Sejeong said.

"Love...let's not talk about that." Nayoung said. "What matters is that you came back. I'll help you get our trust from Mina back." 

Nayoung hugged Sejeong from the back and Sejeong indulged on the said hug, turning around to hug her lover back. Nayoung aimed to kiss Sejeong's neck when she stopped. Not only that, Sejeong backed away lightly.

"Nayoungie..."

"How could I forget? I can't do this. Your scent is mixing up with Hana's scent and mine." Nayoung mumbled, finding Sejeong's scent too cringy.

"Nayoung, I'm so sorry..." Sejeong said, her lip quivering of this sudden act.

"It's okay." Nayoung hugged her again. 

Sejeong sighed and melted onto Nayoung's loving hug. At the back of Sejeong's mind, she was guilty again. Nayoung expected for her to come back and stay but no, she came back to make amends and she would have to decide.

Her family with Hana had more authority. She and Hana were married and were not filing for divorce, especially Hana. But in Nayoung's side, they had a daughter. It would've made sense to put Mina's custody onto Nayoung's hands but she still had a part of Mina as her mother so she cannot ditch responsibility in taking care of Mina. In the case of love, Sejeong was noticing that her feelings for Nayoung are slowly withering.

She sighed again. Why is that?

•••••

At the bar, Mina was downing drinks and Sohye thought that her girlfriend had enough so she slides the shotglass away, making Mina whine.

"Your body can't take that much, Mina. That's enough." Sohye said.

Mina whined again but Sohye was calm and she drank, almost emptying the bottle. Sohye sighed of this. Naturally, the bar wasn't the place for releasing tension for people their age but she did it for Mina. And now, Sohye could only let Mina express herself as she listens to cries of desperation all thanks to Sejeong.

"Mina." Sohye called. "Please reconsider. Learn to forgive your mother."

"No." Mina hiccupped. "If I did, Appa will forgive her too and she'll just leave us. Think about it, Sohye-ya. Hyeyeon is the legal daughter and her mother is the wife of my Eomma so she'd come back to them and leave us."

"That's not a justification, Mina. Do know that your Eomma made a mistake but she's trying to make things right." Sohye reasoned.

"She should've thought about that before doing her said mistake. I can't believe she just used Appa to satisfy herself. She even had a wife to begin with." Mina hissed.

Sohye didn't like to hear that. She held Mina's hand tenderly. "She didn't plan all this to happen. Fate had to be a ." Sohye sighed as she had to explain everything she knew. "Your Appa was her first love and got into an accident that caused her life and connection with your Eomma. Your Eomma met another woman and she fell in love once again. She didn't expect to meet her first love and they met again, then fell in love again...and they had you."

"Sohye-ya..." Mina mumbled. "...why say these to me.?"

"Because I love you." Sohye said. "I saw and felt your pain and I don't want you to be in bad terms with your family. They matter to you as much as I matter to you. Look at me..." Sohye cupped Mina's cheek. "...you can't be mad at your Eomma forever. I always know that my girlfriend has the heart to forgive. I may not be able to tell the future but know that there's a silver lining in everything we do. Even if you forgive you Eomma and she makes a decision, you'll get through it..."

"What if I can't?" Mina reached to hold Sohye close to her. "What if I'll forgive Eomma and she won't stay with us?"

"See? It's not that hard, right?" Sohye smiled.

"What is?" Mina asked.

"Your plea of doubt ia a sign that you miss and love your family, especially your Eomma." Sohye answered.

And Mina finally admitted. All of Sohye's advice were justified and all of her comments were true. She really missed Sejeong and really loved her with all her heart. 

"But...I need more time..." Mina mumbled.

"I know, baby. Learn to forgive little by little until you can fully forgive her." Sohye said.

Mina nodded, hugging Sohye close to her. Sohye hugged her in return, comforting her cries through loving kisses on the forehead and cheeks.

Mina knew Sohye had a point. But in order to cease this madness, she also needed to reconsider. Nayoung had been reconsidering, even Hyeyeon was conveying that she accepted her as a sister. She couldn't be sure how Hana would feel but it was about she had done something for Sejeong.

•••••

Mimi was fiddling her car keys as she chilled inside the convenience store, finishing off her spicy noodles. As she slurped the last of the contents, she didn't feel anything. Mimi had gone expressionless ever since the incident.

Her feelings for Hana didn't fade. She cared for Hyeyeon like she was almost her own child. But Sejeong? She loathed her to bits. She even reacted about Nayoung and Mina and she somehow pitied them rather than hated them.

Mimi drank milk when she saw Nayoung going inside. A part of her wanted to punch her since they fought last time but another part had a weird feeling of admiration. She watched Nayoung buy some treats and when she went to the cashier to pay, Nayoung gasped seeing her.

"You!" Nayoung points. "What are you doing here?"

"Is it wrong for me to be here? I came to eat." Mimi answered.

"I could kick your for punching me last time." Nayoung hissed.

"Me too." Mimi chuckled. "But Hana loathes violence. If I were to kick your , I'd kick Sejeong's next."

"Yah! Don't you dare hurt Sejeong." Nayoung warned. "I'll protect her no matter what."

"Even if she'll decide to leave you once she decides?" Mimi asked.

For an Alpha, Nayoung was shaken. Mimi taps the table for her to sit down on one side as Nayoung did and they were now face to face. Nayoung asks. "What do you mean Sejeong will leave?"

"Even if you are her first love, there's no legality of your relationship. Hana is still Sejeong's wife and nothing will change that, not unless she decides to stay with you and she and Hana will file a divorce." Mimi spoke.

"I'll wait for that. Sejeong will decide, that's for sure." Nayoung said.

"You're an Alpha yet Sejeong is starting to have authority on your family as well. How quaint." Mimi said, putting a hand on her forehead.

"And what's wrong about that?" Nayoung asked.

"She's the Alpha of her legal family and you're supposed to be the Alpha of your family. But on your side of the picture, why are the tables turning? Do you know what that implies?"

"What?" Nayoung asked.

"Sejeong is adapting to authorization. I'm not sure but chances are that Sejeong will come back to Hana and Hyeyeon." Mimi said.

Nayoung slams a fist. Mimi was unfazed as Nayoung grits her teeth. "That won't happen! Sejeong will stay with me and my daughter!"

"Oh, and let her decide, huh?" Mimi spoke back. "Even if she decides to, she can't file a divorce. I know Hana and she loves Sejeong with all her heart. She will disagree." 

"Why say this to me?" Nayoung asked again.

"I've been falling for Hana for a long time. I try to convince her to stay away from Sejeong but she won't. It would've been my chance to win her but it's not right and I still don't have a chance. She already has a daughter with her and her love for Sejeong is so deep. In your case, I can't help but feel that your love for Sejeong is withering."

"Who are you to meddle?" Nayoung hissed as she asked.

"Being a master in social sciences, especially is psychology, I know." Mimi said. "And you're not sure of your love for Sejeong anymore."

Nayoung lowered her head and clenched a fist. Her heart and mind were confused. A part of her still loved Sejeong but one part was withering, as if she cared less if Sejeong will choose Hana over her. Not wanting to confuse herself any further, Nayoung asked. "Why say this? What do you care? What are you implying to?"

"I'm not actually saying this for Hana's sake... I'm saying this for yours." The answer made Nayoung gasp. "I decide to move on and start admiring someone I didn't expect."

"Shut it. We're both Alphas. It's not realistic. Besides..." Nayoung sighed and stood up. "...I love Sejeong."

Mimi just lets Nayoung go. She watched the woman walk as she sighed of what she said to her as she puts a hand on her forehead.

Is she really moving on from Hana and admiring the fellow Alpha Kim Nayoung?

"Aigoo...lucky Sejeong for getting the ladies." Mimi sighed.

•••••

Sejeong may have gotten herself away to make amends and fix her mistake but as she saw her cousin again after a while, Sejeong couldn't avert and they had a chance to talk again after so long.

"How are you, Sejeong?" Chungha smiles lovingly.

"I'm good, Chungha. Hana and Hyeyeon are considering. I visited them first then I'm still staying with Nayoung and Mina to talk things through." Sejeong said.

"That's good to hear. But let me ask you something." Chungha said.

"What is it?" Sejeong asked.

"Is everything alright at Nayoung's?" Chungha asked. "Sohye shared some things with me since she and Mina dated."

"Well... Nayoung is fine with me but Mina's mad. As a mother, I'm giving her some space until I can explain myself and settle closure." Sejeong answered. "It might take a while but I'll let her take time until she can forgive me. I don't want to rush her and all."

Chungha nods and pats Sejeong's hand underneath hers. Sejeong could only smile lightly. They were disrupted by a ring on the café door and they saw their children.

"Sohye stuck to her word. She took care of Mina so much." Sejeong smiled.

"That's my girl. I thought it would be risky but it's fine by me. I wanted to meet her in person but Sohye shared that Mina is too shy to meet her aunt. It's too cute so I helped Sohye in the shadows as she takes care of Mina." Chungha chuckled.

"Yah." Sejeong nudged. "Even though I left without saying goodbye, you're still backing me up."

"Because it wasn't goodbye, Sejeong. We're family." Chungha smiles back. "Shouldn't you go and rest after a long work ahead?"

"Let's have chitchat. Besides, we can't make our children uncomfortable with their date." Sejeong chuckled.

"Agreed." Chungha grinned. "And what's with the box?"

"Ah...it's something I saw by some boutique. It's a make-up kit that I want to give to Mina. She has gone pretty." Sejeong said.

"True. Even Sohye ogled about her for a day that Somi had to cover her ears." Chungha shared and the two mothers shared laughters.

They sat at the back where there was less exposure. That way, Mina and Sohye wouldn't see them. Due to the fact that they haven't seen each other for so long, the chat went on and on. When the sun was already down, Sejeong and Chungha ceased their conversation to a minimum when Sejeong's phone rang. Sejeong saw the caller and answered. "Hello?"

Daddy~

Chungha witnessed Sejeong tearing up as she answers. "Hyeyeon-ah~ how's my baby girl?"

We're doing good, Daddy. Mind me for calling. I miss you and I want to hear your voice again.

"I miss you too, baby. It's okay to call me. Where's Mommy?" Sejeong asked.

She's here, crying lightly. Mommy~ Daddy's here~

Sejeong noticed the sad tone of her daughter's voice. Sejeong asked Chungha quietly due to the inconvenience but she didn't mind. Sejeong said thanks and broke down as she heard another voice on the other line.

Sejeongie...

"Hana..." Sejeong spoke.

I miss you so much...

"I miss you more." Sejeong said honestly. "I'm sorry if I'll take too long."

Have you decided? Are you coming home? Please tell me you'll come home again...

"I haven't decided yet, Hana. I have to be honest. I'm sorry." Sejeong said and her tears flowed out.

O-Okay...

Sejeong never wanted to see nor hear Hana cry. It hurt her so bad. Chungha was patting her hand lightly as Sejeong didn't hang up from the call.

"Hana?"

Don't hang up yet. I want to hear your voice a little longer.

"Okay." Sejeong smiled. "Whatever you need."

Sejeong and Hana talked over the phone for a while, leaving Chungha to play games on her phone while reminding Sohye of curfew. Sejeong and Hana's conversation lasted for almost 30 minutes until Hyeyeon and Hana had to say goodbye.

"Take care of yourselves." Sejeong said.

See you soon, Daddy. I love you.

"I love you too." Sejeong said.

Sejeongie...I love you so much...

Hearing Hana's voice made her heart clench. Her feeling of skepticism was beginning to fill with answers beyond her crevices of doubt. It was almost a first phase of her decision.

"...I love you too." Sejeong said as she tears up silently.

As Hana hung up, Sejeong was back to reality of deciding for the better good of both families, even Chungha felt Sejeong's benefit of the doubt.

"Sejeong." Chungha spoke again. "Sohye texted me. She sent Mina home. We should go. I have to be there for my children again." 

"Okay." Sejeong said. "I'm so happy to finally see you again, Chungha."

"Me too, Sejeong." Chungha said as they shared their friendly hugs. "Call me if you need anything, just like what my Sohye said to you before you left."

"Like mother like daughter, huh?" Sejeong's said and they chuckled again.

Chungha and Sejeong shared one more hug before they separate ways. As Sejeong walked, she thought of that phone call. She really missed her legal family as they expected for her to return. Sejeong would've feared. It was almost unfair but then, it had to be done.

She had one thing to decide but the damage is still to be fixed.

•••••

Mina was at home. She was happy of her date with Sohye but she sighs when she got inside. It was empty. Nayoung and Sejeong were still at work, she thought, and decides to watch TV.

Mina went through the channels to watch a show when the door opened and there was Sejeong.

"Welcome home." Mina bowed lightly with a sad tone.

"Mina." Sejeong smiled and went to kiss her daughter's cheek. "Have you eaten already?"

"Ne." Mina nods lightly.

Mina would've gone back to her room but then Sejeong was scurrying her bag. Mina couldn't help feel as she wonders what did Sejeong get. She saw Sejeong get a box and she sat next to her.

"I saw this at some boutique store. It's a new set of make-up. Go and open it." Sejeong smiled.

Mina could bow her head down as she opened the box slowly. Mina wowed and even looked at the contents one by one. Sejeong looked at her daughter and smiled, remembering the times Mina would open her gifts cutely.

From birthdays, ceremonies, even Christmas, Sejeong never missed giving presents to Mina. When she was at Hana's, she would ask Soyee to give the gifts to Nayoung and Mina. And when there were times she got to be with them for special ocassions, she'd take videos of Mina opening her gifts.

Now, Sejeong's doing it. She can even sigh as she watches her daughter already grown up. As Mina tried the lipstick on, Sejeong never thought time glew so quickly. And because of Mina, she doubted of her decision again.

"Eomma?" Sejeong was back to reality as Mina faced her.

"Sorry, Mina." Sejeong paid attention. "You look dashing. What do you think of it?"

"I like it too, Eomma." Mina said. "Thank you."

"Come. Let me wipe that off of you." Sejeong motioned her to come closer. 

Mina wouldn't want to. She can just do it herself. But something in her made her agree and she got closer to Sejeong. Sejeong got some wet wipes and wiped the make-up off of her daughter's beautiful face.

Looking at Sejeong, Mina remembered the glimpses with her. From the time she was born until the time Sejeong cried in front of her for forgiveness, Mina has seen it all. It had been a while since Mina got a good look at her mother. In fact, she missed moments like these with her.

As Sejeong finished, she puts the last of the wet wipes on the the table and got to gaze at her daughter growing beautifully. The cheerful cute baby was now a lady. But in her heart, she will always be her baby Mina. 

"Eomma..." Mina wondered of Sejeong's hand by her cheek. "...what are you...."

"Mina-ya..." Sejeong fixes strands of Mina's hair. 

Mina was still confused but she froze when Sejeong hugged her tight. Sejeong missed her eldest child. She missed those moments they had together and their moments as a family. She didn't mean to lie to Mina of everything and was almost begging for forgiveness. She hoped and prayed to be forgiven so that they can share those precious moments again.

For Mina, she didn't do anything. As much as she wanted to listen, she was still skeptical. If she were to listen, what would her mother decide? Will she stay or will she leave?

Realizing that life was inevitable, she'll learn to forgive and forget sooner or later.

•••••

"Sejeong, what's with the cakes?" Nayoung asked.

Sejeong woke up so early and made a feastful meal as if there was a celebration coming up. Nayoung and Mina wowed but Nayoung was utterly curious of the cakes.

"Hehe, I baked them for both of your birthdays." Sejeong said. "I wasn't around your birthdays last time."

"More like in every other year." Mina mumbled and didn't want to eat as she got up. 

"Mina, sit down!" Nayoung scolded. 

"Nayoung, don't scold Mina like that." Sejeong sighed. "Mina, please sit down and eat. You need to be healthy and active for your date with Sohye."

For the first time since Sejeong came back, Mina finally joined with her family in eating. Nayoung wondered of Mina but she lets Sejeong sit down and they eat in peace.

Sejeong and Nayoung mostly talked and Mina just ate quietly. Sejeong would ask Mina and she would respond then eat again. To ease the tension, Nayoung shared funny memories, making Sejeong laugh and made Mina's mouth twitch a smile.

"Aigoo, our baby's not smiling enough." Nayoung sighs and Sejeong also gazed at Mina.

"What's wrong about it, Appa?" Mina raised an eyebrow as she ate.

"She's eating. Just let her eat quietly, Nayoung." Sejeong chuckled as she got some cake for each of them. "Here, baby." She hands chocolate cake to Mina, her favorite. "It's been a while since you ate my specialty. I wonder if it still tastes like it.

Mina bowed lightly and ate. As the cake touched her tastebuds, memories flashed of her and Sejeong at the kitchen.

Sejeong enjoyed cooking and when Mina was a baby, she was always sitting on her chair watching her Eomma cook. When Mina turned five, she would mesa up the counter and Sejeong laughed with cleaning her up. As Mina grew, they always had the bond to cook, especially to bake cakes. Sejeong shared recipes to Mina, even the recipe to the said cake that she was eating.

A clank was heard and Nayoung and Sejeong stop and asked Mina was wrong. Sejeong picked up the dirty spoon as Mina froze while eating. Mina thought that the cake was so delicious and that it reminded her of her wonderful times with Sejeong, even her times during her birthdays when Sejeong was present.

"Aigoo..." Sejeong smiled as she wiped Mina's tears while she ate.

With every bite, Mina's tears dropped. Mina kept on eating all while Sejeong wiped her tears but Mina sat up.

"T-Thank you for the meal..." Mina quivered and ran to her room.

Sejeong and Nayoung gasped as Mina ran back. Sejeong wanted to catch up to her when Nayoung stopped her.

"I'll talk to her." Nayoung spoke and went to catch up to Mina.

Sejeong couldn't do anything and sit back down. She felt so useless staying here. She was supposed to make amends and decide but she had gone incompetent of doing so. She puts a hand on her forehead and she almost slaps herself to get her head together and talk things through with the both of them.

•••••

Nayoung knocked on the door a couple of times and inside, Mina was moping. Because of everything that had happened when Sejeong returned, her thoughts were disorganized.

In the beginning, Mina looked up to Sejeong. She really showed her love for Sejeong but knowing the truth, it messed her up. She grew mad at Sejeong. She didn't want Sejeong to come back. She didn't want to get her heart and mind hurt by her own mother but when Sejeong is trying to make up for those lost memories and asking for forgiveness, Mina's secluded love towards Sejeong was breaking free with restraints.

Why are there restraints? Because they are restraints of uncertainty. Mina was scared that if she grew fond towards her mother, Sejeong's decision would be different and she'd leave them, and then Mina will get hurt all over again.

The door would've been opened through a spare key and Nayoung comes inside. She was pained to watch her daughter so helpless that she sat beside her.

"Appa..." Mina began. "...why does it have to be like this?"

"Mina..." Nayoung lets her daughter lean on her shoulder. "...your mother's home. We're complete again. Aren't you happy?"

"I am." Mina confessed. "But she came here to ask forgiveness and she'll have to decide. But what if she won't choose us? What if Eomma will leave us again?"

"No. Your Eomma won't leave us." Nayoung cupped Mina's cheeks to assure her. "If your Eomma will decide, she'll choose us, okay? Please don't worry..." Nayoung huffed. "...Appa doesn't want you to cry, especially your Eomma."

Mina hugged her Appa back. Nayoung comforted her until such time she calmed down.

•••••

The day went on for the three. Sejeong wanted to talk to Mina but Nayoung didn't let her until she calmed down. For the two, they had their moments, even moments in bed. But then, the two had to go to work, even Mina had to go to school.

Sejeong got home first after a tiresome day and ended up sleeping on the couch. Mina came home afterwards. But then she noticed Sejeong on the couch, almost snoring to dreamland. Mina couldn't help herself but go to the couch and get a good look at her mother. She sat on the floor, just by Sejeong's face and looked at her.

It was almost inevitable to forgive her mother for Mina knew what would happen if she does. But seeing her mother cry and asking forgiveness many times hurt her. She never wanted Sejeong to cry nor struggle herself. She was even albeit guilty for not forgiving her so soon, to the least it would end a little bit of Sejeong's misery. Mina sighed, reaching a hand to pat her mother's head.

Mina smiled for the first time. Due to her longing towards Sejeong, opening up and learning to forgive got Mina out towards her true happiness. Mina inched closer, leaning her forehead onto Sejeong's as she cries lightly. 

Eomma... I'm so sorry. I should've have forgiven you sooner. Now you would have to suffer like this. I'm grateful that you came back. I know you'd have to decide but I'm just glad to at least see you again. I'm sorry for giving you the cold shoulder since then. But know that I miss you, I need you, and I love you...

Mina felt fingers wiping her tears away and she looked up, seeing Sejeong give a tiring smile. "Aigoo...what's wrong, baby?" Sejeong wiped more tears yet Mina cried harder. "Why are you so sad?"

Sejeong sat up and Mina sat next to her. Sejeong continued to wipe Mina's tears away when Mina hugged her tight. For Sejeong, it seems inevitable that she'd get Mina's attention. The said moment almost made her cry. Nonetheless, she hugged Mina back.

"I missed you, Eomma." Mina mumbled. "I missed us together." Mina crumpled her hands around Sejeong's shirt. "I'm so sorry for not forgiving you sooner..."

Sejeong and Mina broke from their hug and Sejeong continued to wipe Mina's tears off of her face, all while squishing her cheeks, making Mina smile lightly. Sejeong pats her head as the thought of deciding was delayed once again. Sejeong hides that pain but for Mina, she was seeing it.

"Eomma..." Mina spoke as she held onto Sejeong's arms. "...do you have to decide?"

Sejeong nods. "But I won't yet. I..." Sejeong sighs. "...I have to explain everything first."

Mina sighed of loss. Nonetheless, she hugged Sejeong again. Sejeong thought it was almost an unexpected answer for Mina to do this but she was so happy to finally grow close to her eldest daughter, let alone to have her in her arms again. Mina didn't let go and Sejeong didn't want her to do that too. They didn't say anything but hug each other.

Nayoung arrived and the two didn't notice her coming in. Nayoung saw the two in the living room, hugging each other. Nayoung cried silently in joy. Also, her heart was at ease.

Maybe there is a silver lining in everything. Maybe this is hers and her family's.

•••••

Hyeyeon sighed as she was at the veranda, all alone. With her Mommy's depression, her Daddy's uncertain return, and her loss of friendship with Mina and Sohye, her days had gone gloomy. She looked up the sky, seeing the blue canvas replaced with grey hues. Hyeyeon realized that she was dying for Sejeong to return but there would be less chances she'll get friendship back.

Hyeyeon got up to leave when someone pulled her to sit back down. She wondered of the mysterious person and gasped.

"Hey. It's been a while." Mina greeted as she sat next to her. "How are you?"

"What's the meaning of this?" Hyeyeon asked. 

"I expected you'd ask that. Don't worry. I won't take long." Mina said. "I want to talk to you and I want to say that I'm sorry."

Hyeyeon had her eyes dilated as she heard Mina say that. Hyeyeon couldn't help but look at Mina as she spoke that. 

"I've been harsh. I want you to know this. Eomma's alright. I've forgiven her. I'm sorry if I'm doing it now. But most importantly..." Mina pats Hyeyeon's back. "... I'm sorry if I couldn't accept you as my sister."

"Mina..." Hyeyeon felt her tears fall and Mina wipes them.

"I realize now. I would have to forgive and forget sometime. And now..." Mina pats Hyeyeon's head. "... I'll be your unnie whenever you need me to."

Hyeyeon was still speechless. But when Mina reached to hug her, Hyeyeon's weary hesrt beated out of love again. Hyeyeon cries lightly but she managed to hug Mina back. 

"Unnie..." Hyeyeon mumbled, albeit scared that Mina would react.

"Yes, my dongsaeng?" Mina spoke, making Hyeyeon chuckle out of her tears. 

From a distance, Sohye was smiling. She loved the sight of Mina and Hyeyeon finally reuniting. As she looked, she felt a nudge. She looked to the side and saw Somi.

"Unnie, is it me or are they finally settling their differences and making amends?" Somi asked.

"They are, Som. I'm happy for them." Sohye answered.

"What would the future hold this time, unnie?" Somi asked again.

"Aigoo...you and your questions..." Sohye chuckled. "...I don't know, Som. But only time will tell."

"Hmm...maybe you're right." Somi could only nod.

•••••

Hyeyeon and Mina spent the whole day together. Mina called Sohye to join them but Sohye spoke that they should have family time. Mina would pout on the other line but Sohye promised her a date soon so Mina became a good girl and agreed.

Hyeyeon and Mina got out and decided to eat when Hyeyeon saw someone and waved. Mina looked at the said person ang gulped. 

"Unnie, it's okay." Hyeyeon smiled. "Imonie Mimi isn't that bad, although she punched Daddy before."

"You sure?" Mina asked and Hyeyeon nodded. "Okay."

Hyeyeon grabbed Mina's hand and they went closer to Mimi. Hyeyeon got to hug Mimi and Mimi hugged back. Mina gazed at Mimi and she gukped again. Mimi pulled the child and hugged her too. Hyeyeon couldn't help a smile.

"You must be Hyeyeon's sister, Mina. It's nice to finally meet you." Mimi smiled.

Mina gulped. Somehow, she found a little comfort when she saw Mimi.

"Anyways, where do you guys want to eat?" Mimi grinned.

"Chocolate cake~" Hyeyeon cheered.

"Same." Mina chuckled on how cute her dongsaeng was.

"Okay. Let's go." Mimi said.

•••••

Mimi would've cringed of this but seeing Mina and Hyeyeon enjoying themselves to some good old chocolate cake made her smile. It was almost awkward. She was treating the child of her first love with her arch-rival and the child of her arch-rival with the person she recently admired. She felt like an immigrant meddling on the wrong ground but Mimi grew fond of Hyeyeon like she was her own child. And knowing Mina to be Nayoung's child, she wanted to grow fond of her too, knowing it would be a chance to get closer to Nayoung.

"Hyeyeon? Mina?"

The children looked behind to see Sejeong. Hyeyeon got teary eyed and went to hug her Daddy. Mina joined in and hugged her Eomma.

For Sejeong, seeing her children get along despite of what happened was a blessing in disguise. Seeing them with Mimi made her wonder. Hyeyeon and Mina still hugged Sejeong longer as Mimi watched, unfazed.

Deep down, Mimi found the sight almost cute. She even wondered what charm Sejeong had that Hana and Nayoung love her dearly. She was even blessed to have such precious children that Mimi felt jealous about.

"What are you two doing here?" Sejeong asked.

"We came to eat, Daddy," said Hyeyeon. "Imonie Mimi treated us some cake."

"Bonding time with Hyeyeon." Mina answered.

"Mimi?" Sejeong asked. "Can we talk?" She then faces the children with their worried looks. "Don't worry. There won't be any physical fights. I promise."

Hyeyeon and Mina trusted her. Mimi stood up to let the children eat as she and Sejeong talked somewhere. Once they got outside, Sejeong bwgan talking. "What was that, Mimi? What are you doing with my children?"

"I just want to treat them. I always picked up Hyeyeon from school but then Mina came along. I reckoned they had settled their differences and made amends. Just look at them happy with each other."

"I know. Now it made my decision change again." Sejeong sighed. "I'm really happy for that but...it would come with a price."

"Who do you really love, Sejeong?" Mimi asked. "Answer me."

"Mimi, I can't answer that-" 

Sejeong stopped when Mimi slammed her fist by the wooden wall of the café. Sejeong sighed. Mimi was losing her cool.

"Is it really that hard to answer that question?" Mimi asked. "Don't provoke me, Sejeong. We swore to the kids that we won't kill each other."

"Do you want be to be honest?" Sejeong spoke. "I still don't have a decision yet. You know why? I'm still deciding for the sake of the children." Sejeong then looks at Mimi. "Why tell me this?"

"You're not the only one stuck in a decision, Sejeong. I, too, have a decision whether or not I should move on."

"I told you. I haven't decided yet. When I give the word, you'd know first." Sejeong mumbled. "We should go inside. The children are waiting."

Mimi couldn't argue with Sejeong. They both went inside, seeing Mina and Hyeyeon having fun with each other. Sejeong and Mimi thought the sight was too cute.

"Eomma~ sit here." Mina said as Hyeyeon patted a chair in between them.

"You wouldn't mind me joining, right?" Sejeong asked.

"Not at all." Mimi answered.

•••••

Hana was at the grocery store, buying everything their household needed. Hana was by the dessert station and planned to reach a high shelf which had cakes, which was Hyeyeon's favorite. Due to her short height, she had a struggle...until someone reached it for her.

"Here you go-" Hana froze as she the person.

It was Nayoung.

"What brings you here?" Hana asked, snatching the cakes Nayoung reached.

"I wouls be asking about that too." Nayoung said.

Meeting her rival shocked Hana. She was also a bit scared facing another Alpha who was more dominant than Sejeong. Nonetheless, she had to be strong. With the meeting, she had one thing on her mind.

"Are you busy?" Hana asked as Nayoung raised an eyebrow. "We need to talk."

"I don't have time." Nayoung said, grabbing anything she could find and shoving it inside the basket. "My daughter is coming home soon. Plus, Sejeong would be off from work so I need to prepare dinner."

"Don't make excuses." Hana spoke and Nayoung clenched her fist. "Hyeyeon told me she and Mina are at the mall playing arcade games with Sohye and Somi. And Sejeong texted me that she'll be working overtime."

A ring disrupted Nayoung. She got her phone, getting texts from Sejeong and Mina of what Hana talked about. Nayoung could almost break her phone but it would've made sense that this unexpected meeting was a play by the gods, telling her that it was about time rivals talked things through.

Nayoung puts her phone in her pocket and faced Hana. "Alright...but not here."

Hana and Nayoung had tension as they got to pay their groceries and went to the nearest café. Nayoung got them tea and Hana sips lightly. Being an Alpha in nature, Nayoung made the initiative to pay. 

As Hana finished her drink, she felt a little nervous seeinf Nayoung. Nayoung had been glaring at her for quite sometime, showing dominance. For Nayoung, she would've been nice but seeing Hana, she felt threatened that Sejeong would choose her and Hyeyeon above her and Mina.

"So..." Hana spoke. "...you and Sejeong knew each other during high school?"

"Yes. We dated on that period too." Nayoung answered.

"I wouldn't have asked this but I want to hear your side. What made you drift apart?" Hana asked.

"I got hit by a truck and was in comatose for a long time. By the time I woke up, I was reported to have died but a miracle struck and I lived. My life had a price. I didn't see Sejeong for almost eight years." Nayoung explained then snickered. "I wouldn't have thought she met you afterwards."

"But we did, in college. We dated, did everything together, graduated together, got work together, and eventually got married. I believed it that way..." Hana spoke. "...but I never thought she cheated behind my back."

"I never stopped loving Sejeong for those years and it was a blessing that we met. We weren't married but we had Mina. I would've planned to marry her...when I found out that she married you first. I didn't even realize at that time that you met with her. How blind of me..." Nayoung said her side.

"We got cheated on by one person but we also share love for her. But then..." Hana gives Nayoung a cold glare. "...everything comes with a price. Sejeong will have to decide."

"I'm her first love." Nayoung defended.

"But I'm the one who married her and stayed with her till the end." Hana spat back.

"I had a child with her first." Nayoung spat again.

"Me too. And it gives me authority that I'm her wife and Hyeyeon is her legal daughter." Hana said.

Nayoung and Hana shared glares. Nayoung never thought someone who's under Sejeong can stand up to her. For Hana, it had to be done. She won't file a divorce. She will have Sejeong as her wife again and a Daddy to their Hyeyeon. Nayoung wouldn't back down either. She waited so long for Sejeong. Mina is also waiting for her. She'll make sure to convince Sejeong to pick their side.

The two shared suspicions and inner rampages towards each other. Both of them love Sejeong. They want her to themselves and they wait for the counterparts to let Sejeong go. Not wanting to waste time, Nayoung gulped down a cup of tea and spoke.

"Stop making contact with Sejeong to convince her to come back to you."

"I wouldn't stop Sejeong. And if she did, I won't stop either." Hana batted.

"I got to Sejeong first!" Nayoung batted. "She belongs to me!"

"She's mine too! I may be under you two but I'll defend my stand to have my wife back!" Hana batted back. "I am bound to her by the church and by the court of law. I have the authority for Sejeong and not you."

"You may be bound first but I gave Sejeong something you couldn't give her first." Nayoung spoke and Hana was triggered. "I gave her a child first. I gave her OUR Mina."

"How dare you-"

"Shut up! You want me to be provoked?!" Nayoung stopped her. "Sejeong wouldn't like that. I would've considered this meeting with no physical fights. Although I would for taking someone who wasn't yours in the first place but Sejeong wouldn't want it!"

Hana knew Nayoung had a point. Hana and Nayoung calm themselves down as they sat back down again. 

"It's all consensual, right?" Nayoung asked Hana. "You two were married yet you couldn't give Sejeong a child. She almost begged for it. I got her one and both of us love her dearly. It would've be a threat that she's the older sister of yoir child but the children shouldn't be part of this argument."

"Ha! Only because you made her pregnant!" Hana yelled. "You took her away off of her job. You took her away from Hyeyeon and you took her away from me!"

"And I'd do it again!" Nayoung said like a deranged man. "I'd do anything to convince Sejeong to choose me."

Hana had the affirmative look. If she were in Nayoung's shoes, she'd do the same too. She'd do anything to have Sejeong back to her again.

"Hmph...you'd do the same." Nayoung mumbled.

"To hell if you care? My business with Sejeong isn't your business." Hana said.

"It IS." Nayoung said through gritted teeth. "I'm her Alpha. I love her and she loves me."

"You think?" Hana had to refute. "Why would she call me despite of staying with you?"

Nayoung's eyes dilated. Hana showed her contact log. Nayoung gasped as she saw Sejeong's name. 

"She calls me of how I am and how Hyeyeon has been. Doesn't she tell you that?" Hana asked.

"What is the meaning of this?" Nayoung hissed.

"You're an Alpha yet you couldn't be just and rational with your relationship with Sejeong." Hana said. "Being in love with someone isn't just love as a whole. It takes sacrifice and struggle. In my case with Sejeong, we had four years of being girlfriends, almost a decade in marriage. We settled our family matters and had our daughter Hyeyeon. She did something unforgivable and cheated on me. I would've filed a divorce but something made me strong with our relationship." Hana faced Nayoung again. "It's our family. Hyeyeon considered her Daddy's wrongdoings and it made me see that Sejeong was blinded of love and was really sorry. As her wife, I forgave her and gave time to make amends. I even gave her a chance to talk with you and Mina. Consider yourself thankful."

"You don't understand." Nayoung batted. "You don't understand the feeling you had lost someone before, found her again, yet finding out that you've been cheated on and that she's would've loved you out of pity and fear that I would be lost forever."

"Yeah. I don't." Hana said. "But as the Alpha, you shouldn't have been ignorant." Hana drank again. "You didn't do anything much to look for her. You just moped, even Mina had to join you and become ignorant. She had to be mad at Sejeong."

"Yeah, but you know why?" Nayoung asked. "You and Hyeyeon are expectant. Mina and I? We're just a member of an unofficial family who loved each other dearly, without the systematic of life." Nayoung sighed. "We're a family because we love and go on with the course of life."

"Enough." Hana batted, not wanting to waste any time and topics. "Nayoung..." Hana gazes at Nayoung's eyes. "... I'll make sure you won't have Sejeong."

"In the end, Sejeong will decide." Nayoung said. "If you'll excuse me, I need to go. Nice meeting you, Hana."

"This is my last warning, Nayoung." Hana said. "Don't you dare disrupt Sejeong of her decision."

"Why? Are you scared that Sejeong won't choose you?" Nayoung asked.

"I'm serious!" Hana yelled.

"I won't." Nayoung said. "Because of this talk, I'm not certain of Sejeong's decision."

"Are you threatening me?! Do you want a real competition?!" Hana lost her cool.

"Sejeong is not a thing. She's a person. Whatever she decides, let's just accept reality...even if one of us will be chosen against the other." Nayoung said.

"Sejeong choosing you would be a fat chance-"

"Shut it." Nayoung said as she stood up. "The discussion is over."

Nayoung left Hana inside the café, making Hana sigh out of frustration. For Nayoung, she sighed and cried lightly. 

When she gets home, it was about time they talked about this so that Sejeong can finally decide.

===

Myghad, how can I not finish this right away? As if the story is telling me not to end this. *sighs in English, Filipino, Chinese, and Korean*

Little parts want this to stay but seriously, most of me wants this to end. Let this just sink in while I think of a way to end this. UGH.