Clinging onto Admiration and Hope

Temptation of Love

===

Sejeong was up and fixing the leaking pipe of the sink. As she bolted up one end, she heard Hana calling her. She had to leave her toolbox and rushed towards her wife.

"Sejeongie..." Hana pouted as she spreads her arms. "Come here."

Sometimes, Sejeong wondered of her wife's mood swings but she smiled and went closer, wrapping Hana around her arms. Hana held to one of Sejeong's hands and felt little callouses by her palm.

"You've been working hard." Hana's face wore down seeing a little scar. "I love that...but don't get yourself hurt."

"It's fine, Hana. It's not that bad." Sejeong assured her.

Hana nodded and gave Sejeong's hand a kiss, just right by the little callouses and her scar. Sejeong chuckled of how her wife was acting, all cute and clingy. She was pretty to her eyes despite of the stomach where their five-month child was developing.

Five months. She sighs in her thoughts. It's been two months she saw Nayoung and Mina. Mina was probably growing up to be a big baby. She was supposed to be a mother to Mina and a good Omega lover towards Nayoung. The thought pained her.

"Sejeongie?" Hana noticed her expression. "What's wrong?"

"Stress towards work." She lied. "Soyee is whining, even Sally's a bit dense to help her."

Hana nodded and snuggled onto Sejeong. But then, a rumble in Hana's tummy disrupted their moment.

"What do you want to eat?" Sejeong asked.

"Can I have an iced coffee to go with three large tuna sandwiches?" Hana asked.

"No caffeine, said the doctor." Sejeong said.

Hana whined. Sejeong would've gave in to her wife's whines. But no. She had her Alpha instincts and shook her head for her wife and baby's health. She went to the kitchen to make the sandwiches then served them to her wife, with an addition of orange juice.

Hana ate happily. Sejeong couldn't hold her grin of her wife's cuteness as a ring disrupted her. She got her phone from the kitchen and answered the call.

"Hello?"

*Sejeong?*

Sejeong had to take it outside. As she got far enough, she continued the call. "Nayoungie?"

*Are you still at work?*

"Yes." Sejeong gulped, almost choking to her words. 

*Please come home. Mina here wanted us to go on a vacation at Jeju. You're wondering but Mina's been curious despite of being almost six months old.*

Sejeong loved to. And with Mina, how can she say no?

And how could she almost forget that her Mina was almost six months?

"I'll schedule next week." Sejeong said. "I can leave until next Friday." 

*Okay. Take care.*

Sejeong could cry. It was unfair for Nayoung. "Okay."

*I love you.*

"Love you too, bye." Sejeong hung up instantly.

And just as the call ended, Hana was calling her for their favorite series. Sejeong had to disregard her guilt and focus on Hana.

•••••

Sejeong huffed and paced around the room. Hana was sleeping on their room. Another thing was that a week has passed and she promised Nayoung of a vacation prior to Mina's utter curiosity turned into a request.

But she can't rush. She needed to ask Hana first.

*hours later*

Hana was awaken with a sight of Sejeong on her desk, working on something. She made the instinct to get up slowly and went to hug Sejeong from the back. Hana saw a blueprint and she held Sejeong's hand pointing to a part of the blueprint, making Sejeong chuckle.

"What's this, Sejongie?" Hana asked.

"Our project: mine, Soyee's and Sally's." Sejeong said as she faced her. 

Sejeong cupped Hana's face and Hana felt her touch. She got a big chair for Hana to sit as Sejeong held her hands. Hana wondered.

"What is it, Sejeong?" She asked.

"Speaking of which, I have to..."

"Work again?" Hana guessed with a sad expression.

Sejeong nodded. She cupped Hana's face again and explained. "I can't let Soyee and Sally defend with my absence."

"How long this time?" Hana asked.

"Just one week." Sejeong answered.

"One week, okay?" Hana pinched Sejeong's cheeks. "Then no extra outings. Come home ASAP."

"Yes, ma'am." Sejeong said.

"When's the trip?" Hana asked.

"Day after tomorrow..." Sejeong answered.

"Then we should have two more days for ourselves again."

Hana smirked lightly and kissed Sejeong passionately. Sejeong had gone loose, her hormones raging. But as she thought of their future daughter, she had to take precautions.

The next thing she knew, she was on their bed, she on top of Hana, exchanging soft kisses and sweet serenades. At the back of Sejeong's mind, her consicence was taking the best of her.

With the sudden turn of events, she was reminded to make up to Nayoung.

•••••

Sejeong was at her other home. She got in hastily, makig sure no one who knew her would see. She places her things by the side and saw Mina crawling by her play area. Sejeong saw Mina gurgling and calling her as she went to carry her.

"Aigoo...my baby Mina." Sejeong kissed her cheeks. "Where's Appa Nayoung?"

Sejeong carried Mina and went to look for Nayoung. She found Nayoung by her study but she noticed something wrong. She puts Mina by her crib, placing a toy to distract her daughter, and went to Nayoung quickly.

"Nayoungie?" She called but she didn't respond. 

Sejeong grew worried. She went to check on Nayoung and gasped when she felt heat on her forehead, neck, and almost every part of her body. Sejeong gulped and went to get some water and a cloth to ease Nayoung's fever.

•••••

Nayoung groaned and got up to see Sejeong cupping her cheek, all while she gave a worried look. Also, she had tears on her face.

Nayoung sighed and felt a piece of cloth by her forehead. She slowly sits up and wipes Sejeong's tears away.

"When did you get here? Mind me for leaving Mina to play alone." Nayoung spoke.

Sejeong looked a little crossed. Nayoung couldn't hide the fact that she was sick so she sighed. "I had the fever for two days straight. I had to keep it a secret. I didn't want you to worry."

"You made me worried now." Sejeong mumbled. 

"I have to get to Mina and change her diaper." Nayoung said, getting up. 

"I'll do it." Sejeong said, pushing her down to rest. "You need to rest. Besides, I want to spend some quality time with our daughter."

Nayoung couldn't argue as she nodded. Sejeong watches her toss and turn until she slept. Sejeong kissed her cheek and went to Mina, who was already crying.

Sejeong carried her baby and the smell of a dirty diaper greeted her senses, making her gag. But then, she had her instincts and changed Mina's diaper.

•••••

Later, Mina grew tired. Sejeong sang her a lullaby and rocked her to sleep. As she was done making Mina sleep, she went back to Nayoung, who was asleep as a rock. Sejeong checked her fever and it was almost gone. Sejeong went closer and lied down next to her, cuddling towards her.

Sejeong couldn't hold her tears. They were silent but all the emotions were great. She felt guilty. She never got to spend time with Nayoung and Mina again. The thought killed her, just like that one incident.

It was almost the same as this. It was an incident wherein Sejeong had lost hope in love.

+++

Nayoung was contemplating at her spot by the kiosks. Adjacent to where she sat was Haebin, studying for their quiz. Despite of her concentration, she noticed her friend's dazed expression.

"Nayoung?" She called and somehow gained her attention. "What seems to be the problem? You look down."

"Well..." Nayoung began. "...is it wrong for me to think of someone?" 

"Kim Sejeong?" Haebin guessed and Nayoung reacted like a whining kid.

"Think about it. It's weird for asking a person you've just met out to eat." Nayoung said as she stops Haebin from studying. "I don't what came to me."

"I thought it was retarded." Haebin said and Nayoung was frozen, causing Haebin to joke around. "I'm kidding, Nayoung." She chuckled. "I never thought the first honor of the seniors admired the first honor of the juniors. Such a small world, really?"

Was Haebin right? Did Nayoung actually admire Sejeong?

The thought of it lasted for the rest of the day and Nayoung decided to see Sejeong again.

***

Nayoung would've thought passing by the juniors' turf brought back memories but as this point, it was all to see Sejeong. Some students noticed the senior and they made way. Nayoung continued walking until she reaches the room of Section A, which was once her classroom.

Some of the students on that class greeted the senior. Nayoung greeted back and noticed famillar faces. Nayoung asked them. "Excuse me, where's Kim Sejeong?"

A Chinese girl calls Sejeong and the girl rushed outside, shocked to see.Nayoung. The rest of her classmates got back inside, leaving her with Nayoung.

"What brings you here, unnie?" Sejeong asked.

"Can we talk?" Nayoung asked.

Sejeong nodded. Nayoung grabbed her hand and they went to a private sector. Sejeong felt her heart pounce as Nayoung looked intently at her.

"What is it, unnie?" Sejeong asked.

"I think I like you..." Nayoung mumbled. "I think I like like you."

Sejeong knew the term. She didn't expect much. Right now, her subconscious was doing somersaults and little cheers of enticement and victory. Nayoung brought her back to reality as she felt her hand holding her own.

"Sejeong..." Nayoung spoke her name like a prayer. "...do you like like me?"

Should Sejeong confess? 

"Of course I do." Sejeong's words slipped out of .

Sejeong realized her deepest secret as she reacted and blushed hard. Nayoung stops her by pulling her close to herself and hugging her. Sejeong felt ecstatic, her heart beating frantically. But then, her refelxes went involuntary as she hugged Nayoung back.

Being in Nayoung's arms felt nice. Sejeong never thought in inevitability of admiration was enticing. Although she confirmed the sudden confession of the senior, she can't jump to conclusions yet. For Sejeong, these things take time. She also bets Nayoung understood that.

Nayoung and Sejeong broke from their hug and looked into each other's eyes. Sejeong and Nayoung grinned and chuckled.

"Can I say something crazy?" Nayoung asked, holding Sejeong's hands. "I know we just met but I felt a spark between us...so...will you be my girlfriend?"

"Can I say something crazier?" Sejeong asked back. "I know it's untypical but I felt the same to...so..." Sejeong tackled Nayoung for a hug. "Yes!"

***

Throughout the months, Sejeong and Nayoung's sudden relationship became sweet despite of the abrupt confessions. Nayoung was the Alpha of the couple so she did everything for Sejeong. Sejeong's manly image stayed but she would become soft and feminine to Nayoung and Nayoung only.

Haebin knew this as much as Sally and Soyee did. They were shocked at first but they supported their friends in love. For dates, Sejeong and Nayoung did them secretly in school and have their official dates during weekends.

Sejeong and Nayoung excelled together, got to know each other more, and were always there for each other. That sudden spark that was thought to last for only days grew stronger, lasting almost at the end of the school year.

That period of time passed. Sejeong was happily strolling around school and was carrying a pack of treats foe Nayoung when she saw her with Haebin. Sejeong rushed towards her and tackled her for a hug.

"Nayoungie~ ♥" 

"That's cute." Haebin chuckled. "Hello, Sejeong."

"Hello, Haebin-unnie." Sejeong bowed and focused her attention on Nayoung again.

"Hey." Nayoung grinned.

"You seem busy..." Sejeong peeked at the stack of papers.

"Thesis." Nayoung mumbled as she encoded. "Even though it will be passed after two weeks, I want to pass this ahead of time."

"That's your girlfriend for you, Sejeong. Always prepared." Haebin chuckled. "The both got to defend and got approved. We're encoding right now and we'll pass these ahead of time. That way, we're free. We just have the graduation practices to do."

Sejeong wowed. But then, the graduation pained her. After a few months, she won't see Nayoung frequently.

"Also with dates." Nayoung mumbled again.

Harbin cooed lightly as Sejeong's eyed gleamed of what she said about dates. Sejeong could only wrap her arms around, asking. "Will we be dating from time to time?"

"Everyday." Nayoung answered.

Sejeong couldn't be happier as she hugged Nayoung tight. Nayoung wrapped one arm around and typed with the other. 

"I never thought I could be a third wheel, Nayoung." Haebin laughed. "Find me someone like Sejeong."

"There's Sally and Soyee. You can have two." Nayoung said and the three of them laughed.

***

Sejeong and Nayoung were on a cafe for their date. Nayoung came back to their table with food as Sejeong clapped lightly, saying thanks for their food. Sejeong giggled as she indulged on the delicious food and Nayoung admired on how cute her girlfriend was.

"Say ahhh~" Sejeong feeds her a piece of cake and Nayoung indulged.

Nayoung did the same as they enjoy each other's company. Not only that, they also had their talks.

"Are you studying far?" Sejeong asked.

"No. I'm staying in Seoul so that I won't be far from you." Nayoung answered.

Sejeong smiled in relief. It would be fine if Nayoung wanted to but it would pain her a bit to not see Nayoung as close as she can already see. She adored the girl despite of those months and she didn't want her to be far away from her.

"You'll visit me from time to time, right?" Sejeong asked while making a pout.

"Of course." Nayoung said, holding her hand.

Sejeong reached to cup Nayoung's cheek and gave a kiss on the other. Nayoung grinned cutely as Sejeong held her hand this time.

"I love you."

Nayoung's cheeks flushed. She never thought it could lead to those three words. For Sejeong, after all Nayoung did for her, how could she not love her?

"I love you too." Nayoung answered as she kissed Sejeong's hand.

Sejeong felt ecstatic. She and Nayoung smiled at each other as they resume in eating their food.

***

Events came and go. From Nayoung's graduation to their anniversary, they spent their time on responsibility and each other. A year and almost half of the month being together couldn't get much sweeter.

And then this happened.

*RING*

Sejeong was at the waiting area by the restaurant. Nayoung would take her out again. Nayoung promised to take her out everyday when they had time everyday. Sejeong found it too sweet for her good. Nayoung did promise and she stuck to her word.

"Sally?" Sejeong answered the call.

*Sejeong. Haebin-unnie called me. Something's wrong.*

"What is it?" Sejeong asked.

*It's Nayoung-unnie. She got into an accident.*

It hit Sejeong. The cheerful and excited Kim Sejeong was replaced with a worried one. Sejeong grabbed a taxi as she resumed the call. "Where are you?!"

*At Seoul Hospital.*

"Seoul Hospital." Sejeong told the driver. "Sally, I'll be there immediately."

She hung up and her tears came out. She was also shaking lightly. It can't be. Nayoung can't be in harm. She's going to lose herself. Nayoung just can't be in harm.

She never thought the streak of dates ended in an accident.

***

Sejeong ran towards the room Sally texted. She got in to see Sally, Soyee, and Haebin, gathering around a lifeless Nayoung.

Seeing Nayoung's state made Sejeong's world fall into her feet. Her tears flowed out as she rushed and hugged the lifeless girl tight. She checked everything and grew scared of what will happen to Nayoung.

"How...How did it..." Sejeong tried to ask but her words were trapped into .

"It was on the news. Nayoung was hit by a truck." Haebin said as she sighed sadly. "She called me and was running late on your date. She rushed to get to you in time. She must've not seen the red light that she ran...and the truck hit her..."

Haebin teared up for her friend. Sejeong cupped Nayoung's cheeks and sniffled, her tears falling down Nayoung's precious face. "Why? Y-You should've watched that red light..." Sejeong leaned her forehead onto Nayoung's. "I wouldn't m-mind if you were late... what mattered was that you're safe...and we'd go on our date...and..."

Sejeong couldn't say anything more as she cried silently. But as it turned to sobs, the three women had to leave the couple in peace. Sejeong kept on crying, her cries and the little beeps of the monitor lingering around the four walls of the hospital room.

How could Nayoung be so reckless?

Why does it have to be like this?

Sejeong shook her head as she thought if she lost Nayoung. No. She won't think that again and cupped Nayoung's cheeks, looking at her state.

She was motionless, a gauze on the left side of her forehead and a tube kept her breathing. She pictured out what Haebin said and it pained her as she felt accountable of Nayoung's harm.

At this point, Sejeong had to be sane. She was eager to stay until Nayoung woke up. She was going to make sure that she will wake up all okay and that she will be the first person Nayoung will see.

Time is uncertain but Sejeong was willing to wait for Nayoung- just as Nayoung did with her.

+++

Sejeong felt a motion that she woke up from her sleep. Nayoung was getting up as she checked on her, feeling her fever go down.

"Sejeong-ah... I'm okay..." Nayoung assured her.

Sejeong nodded and hugged her tight. Nayoung hugged her back. "I'm here now. Eight years was worth the wait."

Yes. It was the reason why she never saw Nayoung on those years. Nayoung's past accident made her in comatose for a year. With that, Nayoung was sent abroad to heal. Sejeong lost all contact with Nayoung because one, she couldn't contact her number and two, her parents shut all her accounts down. In general, she lost Nayoung for seven years.

But that didn't matter now. Sejeong had her back.

"Come on." Nayoung and Sejeong got up slowly. "Let's have dinner. Mina should be awake."

Mina's wail was on timing. Sejeong and Nayoung chuckled and went to their daughter's aid.

•••••

Time passed again and Sejeong was back with Hana. With the labor around the corner, Sejeong had to be there for Hana. Sejeong faced obscurity in her wife's mood swings and screams of pain and had to endure sleepless nights to be in aid for her wife, even at times of raging hormones.

Nine months were almost complete...and Sejeong will welcome her baby girl to the world.

"SEJONGIE!!!"

Sejeong was by Hana's side as she was sent to the labor room. The nurses got the place ready and Sejeong suits up to be there for her wife.

Hana faced a lot of pain but this was like the final wave of PvZ. She pushed, just like the doctor wanted her to do as she clenched on anything she could hold, even Sejeong's wrist.

The labor lasted for almost two hours. It was a bit smooth since Hana was obedient and keen with her pushes. Sejeong was wincing as she felt Hana's clench like her wrist was being pulverized.

With a push and a scream from Hana and Sejeong, a wail was heard. The nurses clapped lightly as they work on cleaning the baby. Hana was crying as Sejeong wiped her tears away and relieving herself from Hana's bone-crushing hold on her wrist.

"S-Sorry..." Hana was aware she might've crushed her wife's wrist.

"It's okay." Sejeong said, kissing her forehead. "Thank you for bearing our child for us."

"I love you..." Hana whispered.

"I love you too." Sejeong said back.

"Congratulations, Mrs.Kim." The doctor said as she had the baby on her arms. "A healthy baby girl."

The baby was so beautiful. Sejeong carried her baby girl and she cried in joy. She got Hana's eyes and got her forehead. Sejeong chuckled as she carried her closer to Hana. Hana got her baby and she smiled. The baby's hand was reaching to Hana's pinky and held onto it, making Hana cry out of joy this time.

"You name her, Hana." Sejeong whispered.

"Let's name her together." Hana whined and Sejeong nodded.

"Hyeyeon." Sejeong and Hana said simultaneously.

Hana and Sejeong kissed and gazed on their sweet daughter. Four years they were married and they doubted of having children. But now, they finally have one.

Sejeong and Hana start over with a new member, starting their lives together as a family.

===

That was the second, everyone. Thanks so much for reading. Update for this story might take a while starting next week because I will be studying big time for my final examinations and also, I will be working on my requirements for this school year.

Stay tuned. Lovelots from asahdako.