Aftermath (Part 1)

Temptation of Love

===

It was Nayoung. It was indeed her.

Sejeong saw her and she froze. She saw the diappointment and madness etched on her face. The whole has finally erupted.

And when Nayoung's eyebrows twitched angrily and her fists curled themselves, Sejeong knew she had gone to the point of the consequence of her selfish actions.

Nayoung ran off. Sejeong was panicking as she ran to catch up to her, ignoring Hana's call towards her. Outside, Nayoung was walking hastily as Sejeong struggled to catch up.

"N-Nayoungie...I can explain-"

"Explain?!" Nayoung's voice boomed, stopping Sejeong. "Explain what?! That you're into some ing relationship with someone else, is that it?!"

"N-Nayoung-"

"How do you explain the woman you're with and you sitting with her, going on a date?!" Nayoung hissed then she puts a hand on her forehead, her patience withering and her anger fuelling. 

"Bull!" Nayoung yelled and Sejeong was already crying, wanting to calm Nayoung down. "This is your payback, then...because I died and didn't come back to you quicker. I never thought I was too late in winning your heart, Sejeong...and you had to make fun of me! You had to lie to me this whole time!!"

Sejeong couldn't say anything nor do anything but cry helplessly. Nayoung was infuriated, urging not to hurt Sejeong physically in the streets of Seoul. 

"What in the mothering world, Sejeong! I waited for you! I was honest with you!!" Nayoung's tears fell. "I LOVED YOU. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?"

"Nayoungie..." Sejeong hastily held Nayoung's hands but Nayoung shoved herself off. "I've always felt the same way ever since you left...*sniff*...I love you too..."

"And you're trying to say you feel the same way all these years? It sure doesn't seem like it." Nayoung cussed through gritted teeth. "Because you don't lie to the person you love, especially towards a special someone who trusted you her whole life."

"N-Nayoung, please..."

"Stop, Sejeong." Nayoung had gone cold. "I don't care if we're ex-lovers with Mina as our child, consider it void." She points at Sejeong. "You're not liable with our child anymore. I'll be taking care of her alone..."

"No, Nayoungie!" Sejeong hugged her tight from the back. "Please...don't..."

"Get off of me!" Nayoung hissed and pulled herself away. "Whatever it is with your relationship towards that woman, I'm done..." 

"Nayoungie..." Sejeong called her but Nayoung kept walking away. "Nayoungie, please..."

Sejeong couldn't bear it anymore and sobbed. She turned around and there was Hana. 

Double kill for Kim Sejeong.

Sejeong lost her Omega instincts and turned into the Alpha that Hana always saw.

"Y-You..."

"Oh. I saw everything." Hana said, her aura growing darker than a hundred midnights.

"Hana...I can explain-"

"Just stop right there!" Hana yelled. "So this has been the truth behind your pathetic excuses! That one year that you left for goddamn work just to get to your woman! I never thought you were a sick motherer, Kim Sejeong!!"

Hana got her turn to cry. Sejeong went to hug her wife when Hana pushed her off. "Don't touch me!!"

"Hana-"

"This is a disaster, Sejeong! Did our marriage even mean the whole world to you? You lied to me, Sejeong! You even lied to our daughter!!" Hana punches Sejeong's chest. "You're a beast!!"

Hana got her turn and cried a river. Sejeong forced herself to comfort her wife when Hana slapped her face hard. 

"You won't do that to me again." Hana hissed. "You will never come back in our household. I'll be liable of Hyeyeon. I will mould her that she doesn't have a Daddy anymore..."

Hana walked away and pushed Sejeong off, leaving her. Sejeong could only huff in frustration as her tears flowed endlessly.

How she have gone so careless, so selfish, and so stubborn? How could she let ego and temptation take over her whole being? How could she let one sin affect her loved ones, especially her innocent children?

She lost on her own game. She walks away, going to where her feet would lead her.

•••••

In Sohye's game room, Sohye was having fun playing video games with Hyeyeon and Mina. Somi would come inside to join in and being the considerate unnie, she lets her little sister join them. 

But like some typical phases of fun, it had to end with phone calls. Sohye paused the game as Hyeyeon and Mina got to their phones. Hyeyeon got a call from Hana whereas Mina got a call from Nayoung.

"Mommy?"

*Go home.Now.*

"Appa, what is it-"

*In the next thirty minutes, you are going home or else, you're grounded.*

Hyeyeon and Mina noticed the dark tones of their parents as they hung up. Sohye noticed that and wondered as she lets Somi have the XBox for herself.

"What's the matter with you two?" Sohye asked them.

"I'm sorry, Sohye-ya...but I need to go. Mommy just called." Hyeyeon said.

"My Appa called too." Mina said, cringing lightly. "I need to go before she grounds me."

"Okay. I'll tell Eomma that you left." Sohye said then nudged Somi. "Som, say goodbye to your unnies."

"Bye~" Somi waved, still fixed on the game.

Hyeyeon and Mina waved. Hyeyeon left first. Mina gave a peck on Sohye's cheek and left as well. Once Sohye heard the door close, Somi stopped her game and faced her sister.

"Unnie, I have a bad feeling..." Somi said.

"Me too, Som." Sohye said as she dialled someone. "I have to call Eomma."

•••••

Hyeyeon came back home and saw her mother sitting down. She sensed that her mother was mad. And what wondered her more was of her Daddy's whereabout.

"Mommy?"

Hana responded as she finally saw her daughter. Seeing her made her heart break. With the incident with her wife, how was she going to explain everything to her daughter?

"Mommy, what's wrong? Where's Daddy?" Hyeyeon asked as she went to hug her mother.

Hana hugged her daughter with twice the passion. "Daddy went to work again."

"But I thought you'd go out the whole day." Hyeyeon said.

"It was important." Hana said. "Now go upstairs and change. I'll make us dinner."

Hyeyeon nodded and left her mother to contemplate. Hana went to the kitchen to cook something. She decided to make spaghetti, Hyeyeon's favorite.

She did the usual work but then, she spilt boiling water on herself. She winces in pain. She turned off the stove and stopped whatever she was doing and broke into tears.

Sejeong was flooding on her brain again. From the time they met in college up to the point when Sejeong lied, the thoughts killed her. And with Hyeyeon, how was she going to explain? She would've told Sejeong to leave, just like what she said she would but she can't just tell Hyeyeon to not care about her Daddy anymore.

Hyeyeon loved her Daddy so much. For Hana, her soft side always go the best of her despite the odds.

She loves her wife. She loves Sejeong.

•••••

Mina came home and she gulped as she saw Nayoung drinking. Mina saw the empty bottles stacked neatly on the table and her Appa still looking formal but the flush of her cheeks said that she was indeed drunk.

"Appa?"

Nayoung looked up and went to hug her daughter tight. Mina was in for a little shock. "Appa?"

"I'm so glad you finally came home..." Nayoung said, hugging her tighter.

"Appa, what happened? Where's Eomma?" Mina asked.

Nayoung went silent. But as she crouched down while hugging her daughter, she broke. Mina grew worried.

"Appa, what happened? Why are you crying?" Mina comforts her.

"She lied to us..." Nayoung sobbed.

"Who lied to us, Eomma?" Mina asked.

"Y-Your mother..." Nayoung huffed and Mina's eyes dilated. "Your Eomma lied to us...she cheated on me..."

"Don't say stuff like that, Appa." Mina said. "You're drunk."

Nayoung grew helpless and Mina lets her sleep on the couch. She puts the empty bottles at the garage and went back to ease Nayoung of her drunken self.

As her Appa's words rung on her head, her urge of suspicion rose. Why didn't they go home together? Why was her Appa crying? Was she telling the truth? Did her Eomma hide something?

With that, she calls a number.

•••••

Sohye hung up that call this time. She and Somi were sitting as Chungha called someone.

", she's not answering..." Chungha hissed lightly. "Why would make me call your aunt, Sohye-ya?"

"Hyeyeon and Mina were called by their parents to come home. With their scared looks and Imonie Sejeong's actions, I think the truth has revealed itself."

Chungha grew worried and pissed. And as the ring stopped, she instantly spoke. "Goddamnit, Kim Sejeong!"

*C-Chungha...I'm so glad y-you called...*

Chungha noticed Sejeong's sobs and clattering of glass. Chungha grew more worried like her children. "Where are you?"

*Heh...I'm at the bar by the restaurant...*

"You're what?!" 

*The truth has revealed itself-*hic*-I'm screwed, just like you-*hic*-said...*

"Stay there!" Chungha batted.

*I have nowhere to go...*sniff*...come and h-help me...*

Chungha hung up. She was mad and her children noticed that so they kept quiet. Chungha hastily got her keys and went to hug her children. "Eomma will be right back. Don't go anywhere, okay?"

"Ne." Sohye and Somi nodded.

•••••

Chungha drove hastily and had her instincts on fire, peering the road and the surroundings for a bar. Just as she got to a street Sejeong mentioned for the date, she saw a bar. She parked her car and hopped off to look for Sejeong.

She got to an empty bar. She cussed. Where could Sejeong be?

"Sorry, ma'am. We're closed," said the bartender.

"Is there a last customer here?" She asked.

The bartender pointed by the back and Chungha's eyes followed, seeing a drunken Kim Sejeong. Chungha huffed and went closer to her cousin.

"Yah, Kim Sejeong! What happened? Why the are you drinking?!"

"What else would be the reason?" Sejeong looked at Chungha with bloodshot eyes. 

I warned you, didn't I? Chungha thought.

Sejeong saw a bucket and puked there. Chungha sighed of her cousin's predicament but she took pity of her. She crouched down and helped her. "Let's go."

"No!" Sejeong pushed her off. "I'm going home and explain myself!"

Motherer! You're drunk as hell, you of an Ahjusshi!

"You're not going back. Let your lover and wife have their space. By then, you will explain." Chungha babbled and helped Sejeong up."You even have to sum up the children and your friends, you idiot."

Chungha didn't heed Sejeong's babbles of 'no' and took her inside the car then drove back home.

•••••

Chungha had a little struggle carrying Sejeong on her back but when she got home and saw her children, she smiled as her children helped her mom in carrying their aunt towards the guest room.

As the three got Sejeong on the bed, Somi and Sohye backed away first. Chungha followed and pats her children's backs.

"Will Auntie Sejeong be okay?" Somi asked.

"I pray so, Somi-ya." Chungha said. "Pray for her too."

Somi nodded and Chungha tells her to go to her room for bed. She tells Sohye to stay and the eldest nodded.

Sejeong would rant and cry, leaving Sohye a bit startled. Chungha and her leave the woman to cry and relieve herself as they went to the living room, sitting down and having a little talk.

"Sohye, the truth has revealed itself. You're aware of that, right?" Chungha asked.

"I am, Eomma. But do I have to?" Sohye asked back.

"What do you mean?" Chungha asked again.

"Do I have to...break up with Mina?" Sohye clarified her question. "With the state she's in, she might need me more than ever."

"But we can't just risk that she learns the truth before her mother could tell her." Chungha said. "Consider the situation at hand, Sohye."

Sohye nodded and Chungha hugs her daughter. Sohye hugged her back.

Chungha knew of Sohye's relationship with Mina. She knew her daughter's love towards the woman that made her heart whole. And she respected Sohye's decisions because she was responsible with their relationship.

But with the situation at hand, circumstances could happen. What if Mina finds it out before Sejeong could tell her? What would happen to her, knowing that her parents would break up eventually? What would happen if Mina found out that Sejeong lied? Will Nayoung be liable for Mina? 

"I'm sorry, Sohye-ya." Chungha apologized.

"There's nothing you should be sorry for, Eomma." Sohye said. "It needs to be done..."

•••••

Sejeong woke up the next day and she was greeted by Chungha.

"Morning, cousin​." Chungha puts a tray of food by a table. "You should eat to relieve yourself from the hangover."

Sejeong could only lower her head. Chungha wondered what's wrong.

"You were right." Sejeong huffed. "I should've stopped before it all fell into place. Nayoung just casted me out, Hana too." Sejeong places a hand on her forehead. "And now I'd be scolded by you for being a selfish bastard."

"I would." Chungha said honestly. "Not only that, I'd call you a son of a ." Her reply made Sejeong chuckle lightly. "But I won't, Sejeong..."

Sejeong's eyes dilated. She looks at Chungha again.

"Seriously, Sejeong, despite of your little attempt​ of loving two people and having children with them, you did lie and cheat...but you love them. For that, I'd understand yoir side of the coin." Chungha said.

"That's why I can't choose one side. I care nonetheless if I break up with both of them. But one thing I'd do is to still be liable for the children." Sejeong said again.

"That just might be a solution, Sejeong." Chungha nodded.

"Thank you, Chungha." Sejeong said.

"We're family from distant branches of the same root, Sejeong. Besides, we only have each other to rely ourselves onto." Chungha answered.

•••••

Days passed and Hana and Nayoung have not heard of Sejeong. Despite of the revelation, they had a hint of their own worries for Sejeong. 

Nayoung would call Soyee and Haebin but they didn't know. Hana would call Sally instead, feeling that Mimi never involved with Sejeong's personal life so, she wouldn't know a thing.

Sejeong? She lived in another home their family owned, just neighboring the cafe where Chungha lived. She would go out sometimes. She quitted her job as an architect and got a new job as a freelancer in agriculture while working part time back at the cafe with Chungha. Sejeong also grew close to her children, especially to Sohye.

Despite of starting over, Sejeong knew that she should make amends and do all her can to have liability for her children. She was still their parent after all. 

For now, she could only wonder how Mina and Hyeyeon were doing.

•••••

Mina and Hyeyeon were waiting at the cafeteria for Sohye and Somi. Mina tried calling her but she wouldn't answer her phone.

"Where is she?" Hyeyeon asked about Sohye.

"I think she'll come soon. But recently, I don't know much of her whereabouts because she wouldn't answer my calls." Mina huffed. "I'm starting to worry."

"There they are!" Hyeyeon pointed and she waved.

Sohye and Somi lightly waved at the two. Mina ran towards them, stopping to pat Somi's head and tackled Sohye for a hug. Somi skipped her way towards the table where Hyeyeon was at as Mina and Sohye shared their hugs.

"We need to talk." Mina pouted.

"Okay." Sohye nodded.

•••••

After lunch, Mina and Sohye went by the rooftop and talked.

"Why haven't you answered my calls? Did something happen at home?" Mina asked.

"It's nothing." Sohye said.

"I have to know." Mina reached to cup Sohye's face. "I worry about you."

Your Eomma happened, Mina...

"You know what, don't mind about it." Sohye said, patting her girlfriend's head.

Mina nodded and hugged Sohye tight. Sohye wrapped her arm around Mina as she heard Mina sigh.

"I miss my Eomma. It's been days and she hasn't come home. Appa told me to leave it off but I'm worried. And despite of what Appa said, she was worried sick for Eomma and tried to call her everyday but she wouldn't answer." Mina said.

Sohye could only nod. Mina jolts up and lets Sohye face her.

"I want to know why..." Mina said again.

"Mina, it's grown-up business. We, kids, should not meddle in our parents' lives." Sohye explains.

"But they meddle in ours. It hardly seems fair. Please..." Mina begged. "I miss my Eomma. I want her back home for Appa and I. I want us to be complete again."

Sohye couldn't. She promised her Eomma not to. And she will protect her aunt untik such time she tells Mina everything.

"I can't." Sohye lets go. "Mina, I can't..."

"Penguin...I need you..." Mina mumbled, her face nuzzled on Sohye's shoulder. "Please help me..."

Sohye was in a twisty situation. With her love towards Mina and her obedience towards Chungha, how was she going to choose? And she wondered how will her aunt explain to her and Hyeyeon.

Mina had gone desperate. Nayoung became overprotective and Sejeong was missing. She didn't feel love anymore but she did thanks to Sohye. And with her utter curiosity, she wanted to know where Sejeong had gone and wanted Sohye to help her. She had no one to lean onto this time. Sohye was all she had.

"Please, Penguin..." Mina said one more time.

Sohye could only nod. Mina tackles her for a hug a and a dose of endless kisses on her face.

"Okay, okay..." Sohye replied yet Mina kept kissing her face. 

"I love you." Mina whispered.

Sohye's hesrt fluttered. She could smile. She would anything for Mina. 

"I love you too." Sohye replied.

"Let me get Hyeyeon and Somi. I want them to help too."

And Sohye regretted. She should've just listened to Chungha instead.

•••••

Mimi would never involve herself on Sejeong's personal life. For her, Hana and Hyeyeon were her concerns, mostly Hana. 

But a call from Hana changed everything.

"Hana?"

*Mimi...* 

Mimi heard her voice and she grew worried, fixing her stuff hastily as she got to her car. "I'm coming over."

Mimi drove too quick but she got to Hana's house fast enough. Mimi knocked on the door and Hyeyeon greeted her vision.

"Imonie~" Hyeyeon hugged her.

Mimi smiled and hugged back, hoisting her up to carry her. "Where's your Mommy?" 

"She is at the living room, calling for Daddy." Hyeyeon answered.

"Why? Where's your Daddy anyway?" Mimi asked.

"I don't know. Mommy told me that I shouldn't worry because she'll come back." Hyeyeon said.

Mimi could only nod and place Hyeyeon down as she went off to her room. Mimi knocked on the wall and Hana faced her.

"Mimi, what are you doing here?" Hana asked.

"I came here to see if you're okay. You called?" Mimi asked ajd sat next to her.

Hana didn't answer. Mimi sensed that something was wrong. "Hana, tell me what happened. Where's Sejeong anyway?"

"She..." Hana huffed. "...she cheated on me."

Mimi was triggered. "What?!"

"All those times that she was gone...she was with another woman..."

Hana gripped onto her arm tight. She knew Mimi for so long and she can get aggressive. She doesn't want to see a physical brawl between her and Sejeong.

In Mimi's case, she would've sworn it was the reason of Sejeong's sudden whereabouts. And with her hidden yet strong feelings towards Hana, she thought of kicking Sejeong's once she saw her.

"I'm going to look for her." Mimi hissed.

"Mimi, please..." Hana held her arm before Mimi could go anywhere. "Don't..."

"Hana-"

"Can you stay with me?" Hana asked.

Mimi went soft. Hana hugged her tight as she cried. Mimi hugged her back and stayed with her.

Little did they know, someone heard them and now, she was crying.

===

That was the tenth, guys. Gosh, my head's spinning from fatigue and too much stress but I'll make sure to update as soon as possible.

Also, its cover is also up, designed by yours truly. What do you guys think?

Anyways, stay tuned. Lovelots from asahdako.