Chapter 7: it's going to be a long road trip to home

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tokyo Jazz Club, Gangnam, Seoul, 2008

 

The young man  stomped his feet in exasperation while talking to the mobile. “Mom! I am at Hyukjae Hyung’s exhibition. With all my closest friends!”

The girl who was sitting not far from him yet not too close so she could hear the conversation, looked at him with worry eyes.

“Okay. Yeah. I’ll go home now. I’ll see you in a bit.” Ryeowook closed his mobile with a bang, clearly annoyed but yet defeated with the caller. Then his gaze met Sooyoung’s worry eyes. He smiled apologetically.

“It’s my mom. She just arrived home. “ He dropped his body to the stall besides the girl. “It seems I have to get home soon.”

“Oh.” Sooyoung’s expression was clear, she’s disappointed. Wookie grabbed her hand and softly brushed the back of her palm. “Do you want to come with me ? I could also send back the limousine to get you all later.”

Joohyun watched her Unnie struggled with answer. She was sure Sooyoung was torn between coming with him or staying there as she had promised Joohyun to introduce her to “the world of young and famous in Seoul”.

“Unnie...” she just opened when someone else beaten her.

“Or you two can come with I, Yoona and Min.”

Joohyun startled, she knew that voice. But before she tried to excuse again, Changmin had slouched at the stall besides her and joined the conversation. “Yeah,  but only if you want too.” He looked at Youngie with questioned eyes.

Wookie smiled at them in thankfulness. “That’s a good idea, guys. You know my mom.” Kyuhyun, now standing at the other side of Joohyun smiled back, “No problem Pal. Say hi to Imo, okay?”

“Okay. “ Wookie nodded to the boys before regarded the girls. “Hyunnie, who will bring you home? I’ll bet Hyo-Noona would be staying until late.”

Joohyun stunned. That’s true. “Uh, I maybe stay with them anyway.”

“You can ride with us, too. The back seat is big enough to have three girls in it.” She almost jumped. Grossed with watching Youngie and Wookie’s interaction, she did not realize that Kyuhyun had sitting beside her.

Sooyoung raised one eyebrow to Changmin, forgetting her own problem. What’s that? Changmin shrugged.

“Don’t. Come with us. Kyu-Oppa was right. The seats are enough for all of us.” Sooyoung finally said to end all the debate. “By the way, have you two met?”

“We did. “ Kyuhyun nodded and smiled to the girl besides him. “Right, Hyunnie?”

Joohyun snapped back to reality, blushing and finally nodded. “Surely Oppa.” Then to avoid another staring contest that may occurred, she shifted her gaze to the other, “He saved me from being crushed in the administration building.”

Sooyoung gasped unconsciously. She finally able to put two and two of what happened this afternoon. Why the younger girl was kind of in trance when she found her in front of the building. No wonder.

Kyuhyun smiles widen. “Anyway, all set then. Let’s order another round of drink, shall we? On my treat.” He was preparing to leave when suddenly Changmin rose. “No, mine, Kyu. You’ve been treating us all time. I am the assistant of the star anyway, I can work on discount here. ” Then he pulled Sooyoung up. “Come, Youngie. You may know what to order for you and Hyunnie.”

Wookie smiled to him, understanding drowned. “Yeah. Choose the most expensive one, Young. We don’t see much of Min treating us drink.” He rose and touched Sooyoung’s arm softly before kissed the side of her head. “Thank you for such a nice talk on the ride here, Youngie.” Then he waved to the others, “See you all tomorrow. “

Sooyoung stunned, but then she had been dragging by Changmin to the bar before she even blinked. Leaving Kyuhyun and Joohyun by themself.

“Uh, Hi Oppa.” Joohyun stuttered. Oh my!

Kyuhyun tapped her head playfully. “How are you Little Hyun.”

“Little Hyun?”

“Kyuhyun. Hyun. Hyunnie.” He pointed at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter