Chapter Two: The Girl Who Caught Changmin’s Eyes

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul National University, 2008

 

“Oppa, are you coming?” Sooyoung jumped from the back seat and waiting for Changmin who was not seemed to be out of the car any soon.

“Give me a minute, Youngie!” He yelled back at her and then looked at his cousin who was behind the wheel. “So, she is fine? Or does she need to go on another surgery?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “I don’t know. No one sure about that. But she seems okay now. “ He threw a faraway look. “She wants to go to the exhibition tonight.”

Changmin patted his cousin’s back. “Then go. She needed some release. I heard Hyukjae-hyung’s art works have this relaxing aura.”

Kyuhyun shifted his gaze to him, “Yah, you’re right. I just don’t know if I can handle it if I go there only with her.”

“I’ll go with you.”

“You will?”

“I’ll tag along Wookie and Youngie. Those two needs a match maker anyway.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “And here I thought she was your match!”

Changmin shrugged, “The world would be dying if I ended up with her.”

And at that particular moment, Sooyoung chose to yell, “Oppppppaaaaaa, I need my breakfast!”

Changmin raised one of his eyebrows, “See?”

Kyuhyun laughed again, “Never say never, Min-ah. You never know what or whom you will end up with.”

Changmin jumped out from the passenger seat. “Drive safely and say hi to Yoona.”

His cousin waved and closed the window.

He sighed. He did not envy his cousin. Kyuhyun might be the heir of one of the most prestigious company in Seoul. But everything came with price. And he certainly did not want to pay the price the way his cousin did. Out of his choice, of course.

He might still be standing like that if somebody was not tackled him from behind. He swung around and caught a giggling shikshin and tickled her in returns.

She struggled while laughing uncontrollably.

“Say Uncle!” “Never!”

She fought hard and kicked his leg . “Ouch!” He released her then.

She ran to the cafeteria while still yelled at him.

“Oppa, you’re slow. I am going to eat all the bagel!”

He ran after her because he was seriously afraid she would  really eat all the cheese bagels. Because even when the girl was skinny but her appetite could match a man ten times her size.

Other students were looking at them while smiling or shaking their head. They was used with the two’s antics. Some that new to the situations might perhaps think they were a couple, but those who known them would know that they were only the best of friend.

They were neighbor to be exact. She was a year younger than him and since Changmin was an only child and her brother was five years her seniors, they become close. Moreover, their parents used to exchange role on babysit them when they were young. So they practically like siblings.

Yet it didn’t stop Changmin to once think that she was lovely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter