Chapter 9: When all the strings start to attach

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon and Joohyun’s apartment,  Seoul, 2008

 

“This is our humble apartment, Oppa.” Joohyun opened the door of the apartment and guided Kyuhyun inside. “Nothing much, sorry.”

Kyuhyun smiled and looked around. It was not big: two bedrooms, small living room that full with cabinets of books and videos and a compact set of entertainment set, a bright kitchen set with small table attached and stools surrounded it (they must be using that as dinner table too), and a balcony that brought fresh air to the compact but nice apartment.

“It’s nice and comfy.” He shifted his gaze to the young girl who was just standing near the kitchen set while her eyes followed his movement.

She nodded. “Yeah, this is not like a real home, but Hyo-Unnie is an excellent work on making it feels like one.” She paused and wrinkled her nose. “Although she complains a lot when she does domestic works.”

Kyuhyun laughed and plopped on one of the stools. “She and Eunhyuk-Hyung must be an interesting pair.” She laughed too.

Then she remembered something. “Uh, Yuri-Unnie must be scowled at me now. I am such a bad host. “ She walked to the kitchen and pulled out a water boiling cup. “Tea or Coffee, Oppa?”

Kyuhyun blinked. He was too absorbed with the way she walked from the center of the living room to the kitchen cabinet.  She looked like an angel whose moving so gracefully. What’s happened with me? I am with Yoona and Changmin seems to have a crush on her!

“Uh... no thanks, Hyunnie.  I think I have to leave now.  It’s late and I have to run some errands tomorrow early.” He watched with interest when her face turned somehow gloomy.  His heart suddenly beeped too fast.

“Oh!” She was biting her lips to prevent from voicing out her disappointment.  Stupid Hyunnie, of course, who do you think you are that he wants to spend more time with you?

“I’ll see you around tomorrow?” He suddenly whispered. She blinked, but then nodded. Anything for the chance of seeing you around.

He took his keys and walked to the door.  She followed.  Before he opened the door , he turned his body around again. “Uh, I might sound like Yuri, but lock all the door and window after I leave, ok?” She chuckled. “Ok.” “Good.”

Then after a minute silence, he muttered again. “Do you want me to pick you up? I meant we can do that once I pick Changmin and Sooyoung.”

You will?  But she shook her head. “Thank you, Oppa, but I have to go to the market first to buy something. I’ll take the train.”

“Okay.” But why I sound like I was disappointed with her rejection?  He smiled. “I see you then somewhere on the campus.”

He nodded again and opened the door. She watched him from the door until he reached the stairs and turned his gaze at her again and pointed to the door.

She blushed. “Uh, yeah, lock the door. Bye Oppa!” 

She locked the door but then slumped into the floor and rested her back on it. What did just happen?

Then she felt the vibration of her mobile. She took it out her pocket and flipped it open.

20 messages and 10 calls. Some from Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. 

But more than half were from .... Changmin.

“Joohyun-ah, are you home safely now?’

Oh No! I forget.

******

 

Somewhere in Seoul, the morning after the party

 

The black Chevy was stuck in the traffic longer than usual, but the passenger was not even bother to ask his driver tomove faster like he used to. The middle-aged driver glanced from the mirror to his master who seemed to be occupied by the views from his window. But he knew his master better than anyone, and it was obvious his mind was not at the view.

“Young Master, do you want me to turn here and wait for you?”

Ryeowook glanced back at him and shook his head. “Not today, Mr. Jung. She will ride with Changmin and Kyuhyun because there are no morning classes today.”

The old man’s eyebrows furrowed. “Mind if I ask then wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter