Chapter 14: Changes are good, aren’t they?

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gimpo Airport, two weeks before Christmas 2009

 

He touched his hand on the huge windows on the arrival alley and smiled at the sight of two familiar people argued along the side another person who did not seemed to take any interest on the fight.

He missed them. With all the stupid argumentation and crazy behaviors that seemed only they could have that.

His eyes wandered further as to seek more and after a while he felt a pang at his heart.

She did not even come to the pick-up party.

…..

“Kyuuuuuu!”

The loud voice snapped him back to his sense. He pulled his chin up and smiled to the ‘jumping Changmin’ whose head was being smack lightly by Sooyoung. Meanwhile Ryeowook waved his hand behind the chaos scene the other two performed.

“Youngie!!!”

Kyuhyun laughed when Sooyoung just glared at her best friend and ran toward him instead. “Hi Oppa!” Then she stopped. “Why do I think you are getting taller?”

“Like you don’t?”

Kyuhyun could not help but laugh harder when Ryeowook’s grumpy intervention suddenly echoed in that almost empty hallway. Changmin joined the laugh a second latter and Sooyoung stomped at her feet to show her annoyance.

“Don’t take that so seriously.” Kyuhyun moved closer to her and ruffled her hair. “These two guys just love you too much that they need to get your attention all the time. So how are you, Youngie?”

“Never better that you’re back now.” She beamed at him. “I need someone sensible here to teach these cave men how to behave correctly.”

“I thought Ryeowook is the most sensible man in your live, Youngie?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows in question while Ryeowook suddenly had a cough attack.

Changmin snorted, “Yeah, he is so sensible that he always checked her every half an hour when they are not together.”

“Said someone who could not let Hyunnie go everywhere by herself!” Sooyoung’s trial to defense her boyfriend came as a reminder of the one subject they were reluctant to bring it up front.

Changmin instantly shifted his gaze at Kyuhyun and flinched when he saw a sad reflection on the latter’s eyes. Sooyoung realized her mistake and fidgeted on her spot until Ryeowook slung his arm on her shoulder to calm her down.

“How is she?” A soft and unsure question that the others knew was a spontaneous one was coming from Kyuhyun’s lips.

“She is doing well.” Changmin replied after some silent seconds passed by. “She will have her presentation tomorrow so she needs to stay in the library today.”

Ryeowook giggled. “Minnie actually wanted to say that it is the moment of her period-like time when he was gladly not near her.” Sooyoung hit his shoulder playfully while joining the giggle and mumbled, “She is indeed scary that way.” And Changmin looked at the two of them with a thankful stare when Kyuhyun smiled again.

“Uh, Oppa.” Sooyoung raised her hand. “What’s in that box?’ She pointed to the big pink box that was sitting in the suitcase. With that kind of wrap and color thingy, Sooyoung was sure it was not something Kyuhyun would do if that was his own package.

Kyuhyun smiled fondly when he looked at the thing. “Yoona wanted to give all of you each a Christmas gift. She wrapped those stuffs by herself and won’t let us see it what’s inside. I don’t even know what’s inside the small box with my name in it. She specially asked me to guard these, especially from ‘Minnie-Oppa and Youngie’.”

Sooyoung glared at the box as if it was Yoona herself while Changmin cringed.  Ryeowook sneered at him.

“I miss her.” Suddenly Sooyoung’s eyes were filled with tears that threatened to fall when she remembered Yoona.

The two girls were just mending their broken friendship when she and Kyuhyun announced their transferring plan to Los Angeles so they could seek a better treatment for Yoona’s heart problem right after Easter.  She was very upset when they decided that without telling the others until Ryeowook hugged her and whispered that it might be the best for all of them. She looked at the bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter