Chapter 3: There were Two Important Boys in Sooyoung's life

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul National University, 2008

 

Sooyoung smiled upon seeing the interaction between the two cousins. Years growing up with them gave her insights that they were actually rivals on many things yet they were close to each other more than their own blood brothers. Some people would thought that they were almost twins, although their characters were different.

That was the reason why she was closer to Changmin than to Kyuhyun. Not only because the former was her neighbor and practically almost siblings, but it was hard to become close to Kyuhyun because of his never ending responsibilities and its consequences.

Sooyoung felt a pang in her head when she caught Changmin’s almost stoic expression. She never knew why, but every time she noticed something sad might flashed in his mind and caused him trouble, she was also affected.  That’s why she sometimes wanted to scream at Kyuhyun and Yoona for their strange relationship. Because it had made Changmin sad, and it also burdened him since he had to play a third wheel out of his concerns to his cousin. They used to tag her along, but that was before she interested on something else, or to be exact, on someone else.

She raised her eyebrows when he was still in trance for a good few more minutes. So she tackled him from behind. And when he reacted, she tried to run from him. But he swung around and caught her. Then tickled her senseless until she struggled but could not because of her uncontrollably laughter.

“Say Uncle” “Never!” She kicked his leg “Ouch!”

When he released her, she ran as fast as her long legs could take her to the canteen. “Oppa, you’re so slow! I am going to eat all the bagel!” She looked behind with satisfaction when she saw him on her tail. She also caught other students stared at them, but she did not care. She knew some of them still believed that they were a couple.

Well, it was also not true if she was never thought he was handsome. He was, and when they were younger, she was having such pride on walking with him, but ever since she met the other boy who occupied most of her mind today, she was sure that he was only a brother for her.

 

They were just out of the canteen when she felt him hold his step. Then she heard that loud sound. Like some crazy driver pulled his/her car out of the parking lane with style.  A minute after, her Oppa coughed and commented, “She is something, isn’t she?”  She followed his stare and her gaze felt on a pretty young girl that was stunned by both the car and him.

She watched with interest when Changmin waved cheekily to this girl and learned his body against the wall. Sooyoung shook her head when she saw how confused the girl was. “Don’t mind him, he has no manner.” The girl shifted her gaze to her and she introduced herself, “I am Choi Sooyoung, a sophomore, and you can call me Youngie.”

The girl smiled back and bowed, “Ah, you’re older, Sooyoung-sshi. I am Seo Joohyun, still a freshman, and you can call me Hyunnie.” Then she heard Changmin’s reaction, “Hyunnie, hmmmm, your name is similar with somebody I know, This would be interesting.” Talk about coincidence, Oppa?

Took a pity to the still confused girl, Sooyoung intercepted her stupid Oppa, ”This no-manner boy in man’s body is Shim Changmin or you can call him Minnie the Oppa-Devil. He’s in his junior year but you will learn that his manner actually match an elementary school children. And oh, call me Unnie then. I am not really into formal matters. “ She saw Joohyun’s grateful expr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter