Chapter One: When Joohyun Met Everyone

The Tangled of Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul National University, 2008

 

“Jooooo..., wait”

Joohyun just jumped out of the car when her cousin opened the door again and called her while throwing a set of keys to her.

“I may be late tonight. Hyuk-Oppa is having an exhibition so I probably stay with him until the end.” Hyoyeon smiled widely, clearly had a pleasant memory on her famous boyfriend.  

Joohyun chuckled. “Ok Unnie, don’t worry, I’ll get my way home.”

Hyoyeon’s eyebrows furrowed. She did a double take on Joohyun as if she remembered something. “Damn, right, this is your first day. I should not let you get back home by yourself. “She paused and her eyebrows became even more crinkly. “Maybe I should just pick you first and bring you there with me. After all, Hyuk-Oppa would happy to see you there too.”

Joohyun shook her head, wondered why all her unnie, both her older sister, Yuri, and her cousin, Hyoyeon, were always treating her like she was 10. “Unnie, I would be alright, I will try to get home as soon as possible.” She pulled out a set of pamphlets that Yuri had given her yesterday when she dropped her in Hyoyeon’s apartment before leaving to Beijing. “See, Yuri-Unnie gave this.”

Hyoyeon laughed, “Yuri-ah is really a paranoid sister. “ Then she sighed. “But that is why I have to pick you up later because she would kill me if let her favorite dongsaeng lost in the city.”

Joohyun chuckled again. Yeah, Yuri-Unnie could be scary sometimes. “Ok, Unnie, I’ll wait.” She was preparing to leave when she recollected her state of dress. “But Unnie, I may not properly dress for tonight event.”

Hyoyeon smiled. “You are beautiful, Joohyun, you look presentable on anything.” “But Unnie, this is my first party in the city!” Hyoyeon trailed her eyes on her cousin again and sighed. “Well, you right. I’ll get something on the way here for you to wear.  Don’t worry!”

*beep... beep...*

Hyoyeon looked at her phone and smacked her own head. “Oh no, I am late. Sungmin-sshi must be annoyed by now. “ She closed the door with a bang and started her car, when her window opened again to show her face that screamed at Joohyun before left the parking lot with style. “Don’t go anywhere by yourself, ok!”

“Sure...Un...” Joohyun shook her head with amazement. “well, never mind.”

 

Then she heard somebody coughed.

“She is something isn’t she?”

Joohyun turned her body around to see a tall boy waved at her while standing against the wall.

“Don’t mind him, he has no manner.” A tall girl suddenly popped up on her left side and smiled at her.

“I am Choi Sooyoung, a sophomore, and you can call me Youngie. “ She offered a handshake which Joohyun gladly took it. She sounds sincere. Good I find a friend in my first day. Obviously a good way to start a new school.

“Ah, you’re older, Sooyoung-sshi . I am Seo Joohyun, still a freshman, and you can call me Hyunnie.”

“Hyunnie, hmmmm, your name is similar with somebody I know. This would be interesting.” The boy who was standing at the wall before walked toward them while sneak a smirk at her. 

Sooyoung shook her head in exasperation. “This no-manner boy in man’s body is Shim Changmin or you call him Minnie the Oppa-Devil.  He’s in his junior year but you will learn that his manner actually match an elementary school children. And oh, call me Unnie then. I am not really into formal matters.”

Joohyun smiled and nodded. “Ok, Youngie-Unnie.” Then she bowed to Changmin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter