Chapter Nine

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

"Why didn't you tell me you knew Taekwoon?!" Wonshik shouted, generally feeling betrayed by his own friend. How dare Hakyeon show up at his studio when he knew Wonshik was annoyed at him.

"You never asked," Hakyeon reasoned, crossing his arms as if it was nothing.

"Something this important you should just tell. You knew I liked Taekwoon, why didn't you tell me. You've hidden this for years!" Hakyeon flinched at Wonshiks angry tone. He went to say something else but Wonshik looked away with a shaky intake of breath. Hakyeon dropped his arms to his side and felt the guilt start to seep into his body. This had been so important to Wonshik and he had kept it from him because of what? He had no reason behind not telling the poor rapper. He had no reason behind him being such an for over 2 years. Why had he tried so hard to keep a small bit of information secret if it did nothing but hurt Wonshik now he knew? He should've known that Wonshik would've gotten angry at him, what else would he think? Wonshik was a passionate guy, so when he was angry, he was truly angry. When he was sad, he was truly sad. Both of those were not feelings Hakyeon had wanted Wonshik to feel, but his own stupidity had caused both feelings to present themselves to Wonshik at that moment. He could apologize 100 times, but it wouldn't make Wonshik feel any better. It wouldn't help him trust him again. What Hakyeon had seen as something insignificant, Wonshik had seen as something he had the right to know. Hakyeon had to agree with the rapper. Why was he so stupid?

"You should rest." Hakyeon responded, flinching again as Wonshik whipped his head towards him, tears pouring out of his eyes. "Taekwoon told me you two were starting that song tomorrow," Wonshik refused to talk to Hakyeon and Hakyeon swallowed. Had he ruined things with them? Would Wonshik ever get over this? He had to right? Hakyeon sighed and turned to leave. "I really am sorry, and I know sorry won't fix it, but...."

"Then why say it?" Wonshik finally spoke, voice wavering. "Why?" Hakyeon could see Wonshiks body shake like he was about to collapse and felt a sudden instinct to catch him, but stopped himself. Wonshik wouldn't want him to touch him after what he did. He would just have to give Wonshik some space and wait. He knew at the moment Wonshik was all shouting and tears, but when he had time to think, he would forgive someone as easily as he breathed. He just had to give him space to think.

"I don't know," He sighed again. "I really don't know," He walked out with that.

Wonshik collapsed after Hakyeon had left. The sobs wracked his body as he tried to hol himself together. Why had he overreacted so much? Hakyeon had every right to keep it to himself. Taekwoon was his friend after all, not Wonshiks. He curled in on himself. Hakyeon was right though, he did need rest. He pulled himself up and walked out of the kitchen where they had been arguing. He hoped that they hadn't woken up Namjoon. He walked past Namjoon's room and stopped, listening for any signs that Namjoon was awake. None. Good. He continued on to his own room, his and Hakyeons argument replaying in his head. Maybe he shouldn't have shouted at him first thing. Hakyeon didn't deserve that. After all Hakyeon had been the one to get them to meet at the party. If Hakyeon hadn't done that, him and Taekwoon would've never met. He owed Hakyeon so much. So why was the first thing he did shout at him? It didn't make sense in his head, but his heart found sense in it. They were still friends and friends tell each other everything. Wonshik was injured emotionally and he had every right to be mad at Hakyeon. He found his way, shakily, to his room. His fringe fell over his eye, but he was too tired to push it back up. Could the conversation gone a better way had Wonshik not shouted at the other? Wonshik quickly changed, slipping into bed. Would Hakyeon forgive him if he said sorry? He closed his eyes and thought of Taekwoon, so kind and gentle. Taekwoon would probably not have held a grudge, he was too kind to hold a grudge. Wonshik sighed and shifted to his other side.

"Maybe I should say sorry," He said to himself. "I'm sure Hakyeon will forgive me. He has Taekwoon as a friend, he must've picked up some habits from that guy," Wonshik didn't fully believe his thoughts, but it was better than thinking he was about to lose a friend. Him and Hakyeon had been friends since he had joined the underground scene and he wasn't about to leave him over a small secret. Anyway, he knew Taekwoon now, what was the point in thinking about secrets kept for over 2 years. There was no reason to dwell on something that had already been fixed.

With his mind finally cleared and his thoughts finally questioned, he knew that he was ready to sleep. The stress and stiffness left his body and he started to feel the darkness. Sleep was coming.

Hakyeon sighed as he stood outside Wonshiks apartment door, leaning back on it. He knew it would be quite a while until he would see that same door again. It could take weeks for Wonshik to think it over, or it could take 2 days. He wrapped the coat tighter around himself and walked out of the apartment complex and onto the cold streets of Seoul. He pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time and found that it was just over 10. The streets were dark and he wondered if he could stop at the park to look at the lake. He loves looking at the light reflect off of the water. Maybe it could clear his head and relax his heart. He changed his direction towards the park.