Chapter Seven

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

"Is everything ready?" Hakyeon questioned, gazing around the room to double check that it was, in fact, ready. The guests would be there any minute and Hakyeon needed everything to be perfect. Taekwoon sighed and stood up from the couch and started to make his way to the kitchen. "Where are you going?"

Taekwoon stopped and turned to face the elder.

"Well if the guests are going to be here soon, I might as well start cooking some food for them," Taekwoon explained, watching as Hakyeon gave him a sceptical look.

"Are you sure that's the only reason you're cooking?" Hakyeon asked, turning to face Taekwoon as well.

"What do you mean?" Taekwoon gave Hakyeon a confused look that Hakyeon returned with a sigh

"You always cook when you're nervous," Hakyeon paused to let it sink in before continuing. "Are you sure you're not cooking because of Ravi?"

"What do you mean 'Because of Ravi'?" Hakyeon groaned in slight annoyance that Taekwoon hadn't understood what he had been trying to say.

"I meant that you're nervous to meet him," Taekwoons eyes widened, but that was the only indication that Hakyeon had hit the right button. Taekwoon sighed before turning and continuing to the kitchen. What would he make for the guests? Snacks? An actual meal? He didn't have time to make a whole meal so he settled on snacks. He could hear Hakyeon walking around the house, probably making last minute adjustments to anything he deemed unclean. That was the type of person Hakyeon was.

There was a knock on the door as Taekwoon finished his first batch of snacks and was starting the second. It needed to feed 13 people so one batch would not be enough. He recognised the voices of Jungkook and Jimin, laughing and joking around. The voice of Jin trying to calm them with no effect. Jaehwan and Hongbin could be heard talking about some anime that had been updated. All in all, half of the guests had already arrived.

A few minutes and a batch later, there was another knock on the door. This time Taekwoon didn't recognise any of the voices. They were probably Ravi’s' friends. Taekwoon finished the batch and went to put the snacks into the living room. That is, until he heard laughter. But it wasn't just anyone’s laughter, it was Ravi’s'. It sounded so much better in person. Taekwoon was so deep in thought that he only realised someone was walking to the kitchen when they were already standing by the door.

"Hakyeon said I would find you here," Ravi spoke, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. Taekwoon was surprised to see the differences on Ravi. His hair was dyed blonde and instead of his normal hoodie and baggy pants, he was wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans that were being held up by a simple brown belt. Taekwoon would be lying if he said that he didn't find Ravi that much more handsome without the oversized hoodie he always wore.

"Hakyeon!" Taekwoon shouted. A few seconds later, an out of breath Hakyeon appeared at the door.

"What is it?" Taekwoon handed him the plate of snacks and motioned for him to take it out to the guests. Hakyeon nodded and walked out, winking at Ravi before he left. Taekwoon started wondering what that exchange had meant. However, before he could really start thinking about it, Ravi was speaking again.

"Do you mind?" Ravi asked, pointing at the kitchen table as an invitation for them both to sit and talk. Taekwoon nodded and moved to sit down. The two sat down in silence and stared at each other.

"Did you mean it?" Taekwoon gave Ravi a confused look. "That you would collaborate with me."

Taekwoon remembered that very moment and he nodded. Of course he had meant it.

"Do you?" Taekwoon asked. He wanted to know if Ravi was thinking the same thing or if it was only him. Ravi nodded, seemingly without any thought. Like he knew from the beginning that he would. They smiled at each other. "I'm free tomorrow, want to start?"

Ravi's whole face lit up and he nodded. "I would love to,"

"You two seem to be having fun," Hakyeon stood by the kitchen door, leaning on the frame as he smiled at both Taekwoon and Ravi. "I knew you would get along,"

"Shut up, Hakyeon!" Ravi shouted in protest as he hid his face in his arms. Hakyeon chuckled at Ravi's pain. Taekwoon held back a chuckle at how cute Ravi was being.

“Why are you here anyway?” Ravi asked, slightly lifting his head to look at Hakyeon. Taekwoon could see the red blush on Ravi’s face and felt his mouth twitch into a small smile.

“This party is for you, Wonshik,” Hakyeon explained. Taekwoon wondered if Ravi would want him to call him Ravi or Wonshik. He shook himself out of his thoughts as Hakyeon turned to leave. How long had Taekwoon been deep in thought for? Taekwoon did have a habit of thinking for long periods of time, but it couldn’t have been that long, could it? Ravi’s blush seemed to have gone, except for little specks of red on his cheeks that seemed to always be there. Ravi moved his hand to card it through his hair, moving it away from his face as his fringe fell over his eyes. Taekwoon started to wonder if the other had used hair gel or if he had been too rushed to. Maybe he didn’t like it.

“You think a lot don’t you?” Taekwoon looked up at Ravi, eyes wide.

“Sorry,” It was Taekwoons turn to blush. “I promise I don’t do it all the time, Ravi,”

“Call me Wonshik,” Wonshik chuckled. “And you don’t have to worry, I’m a bit of a thinker myself to be honest,” There was a moment of silence like they were thinking of conversation topics, but it wasn’t an awkward silence. They both liked the others company and even with the silence they could understand each other with no words needed.

“Do you think our friends are getting along?” Wonshik asked. Taekwoon let out a chuckle without even meaning to. He was rewarded with Wonshik blushing and smiling towards him. Taekwoon knew without a doubt that he and Wonshik were going to get along wonderfully. Now to write that song.