Chapter Eight

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

Wonshik gazed at his reflection in the mirror, carding a hand through his newly dyed hair. His new colour and hairstyle suited him, if he had to say so himself. Now for the clothes.  

“Namjoon! What should I wear?” Wonshik hollered, awaiting a response from the other rapper.  

“Just wear anything!” Came the half annoyed response.  

“If I wear anything, I’ll just go in a hoodie like usual!” He replied, looking through his wardrobe.  

“Oh no you don’t!” Wonshik recognised the voice to be Hoseoks. The group had all met at Wonshiks’ and Namjoons’ apartment so they could all get ready together and go to the location as a group. Hoseok showed up at his bedroom door and dragged him out. 

“Yo! Namjoon! Can Wonshik borrow your clothes? They’ll probably fit him!” There was a loud yes as a reply and Hoseok smirked, dragging Wonshik faster towards Namjoons’ bedroom.  

“You did not die your hair to go like you just rolled out of bed! You dyed your hair for a change and that means clothes too,” Wonshik couldn’t fight back with the logic and just let Hoseok drag him away. “OK sit!” Hoseok threw him onto Namjoons’ bed and went over to the wardrobe, flipping through the available clothes that would suit Wonshik.  

“Here,” A white t-shirt was thrown at him. He fumbled to catch it. “Here,” A pair of black jeans were next, followed by a brown belt. “You can wear your normal shoes, they’re not that bad,” Wonshik nodded and watched as Hoseok walked out of the room, sending the other a wink before he left. Wonshik put the clothes on, looking at himself in the mirror after he got dressed. He had to admit that he looked so much better without the large hoodie hiding his arms and hands. He mentally noted that he needed to thank Hoseok for picking the clothes out for him.  

“What do you think?” Wonshik asked as he stepped out of Namjoons room and into the living room where the group was. There was a few minutes of silence as his friends just stared at him. Hoseok had a large knowing smirk on his face as he gave Wonshik a small nod.  

“Wow!” Taehyung was the first to break the silence. 

”Wow in a good way, or a bad way?” Wonshik asked, looking down at himself another time to check if there was anything wrong.  

“The best way,” Wonshik raised an eyebrow at Taehyung who blushed and looked away.  

“What he meant to say before his started talking, was that you look hot,” Yoongi explained, giving Taehyung a sideways glance. Wonshik chuckled. 

“I’m sure Taekwoon won’t be able to resist you looking like that,” Namjoon sent a wink at Wonshik who laughed even harder.  

“Let’s just go,” Wonshik groaned, hiding his head as they all started throwing compliments his way.  

“Yeah we might be late,” Sanghyuk, being the mature one, tried to get everyone to snap out of it. They were going to be late for crying out loud. 

It took them longer than they had hoped to get to the location, but, luckily enough, they had not been late. Wonshik knocked on the door and stepped back. The door was opened not long after and the group was met with Hakyeons smiling face. 

"Hey Shikie, for a second there I nearly didn't recognise you. You changed a lot in such a small amount of time, And damn are you hot!" Hakyeon laughed and Wonshik joined in. Hakyeon pulled Wonshik closer. "Taekwoon is in the kitchen if you want to talk to him alone," Hakyeon whispered, throwing a wink at him as he showed the rest of the group to the living room. Wonshik stood still by the hallway, blushing, before he made his way towards the kitchen where Hakyeon had said Taekwoon was. He stopped in his tracks as he saw Taekwoon standing in the middle of the kitchen, lost in his thoughts. He decided to really look at him for a second before announcing his presence. 

"Hakyeon said I would find you here," Wonshik spoke up, fiddling with his shirt. Wonshik felt self conscious as Taekwoon just stared at him, seemingly checking him out. 

"Hakyeon!" Taekwoon shouted. Wonshik turned in time to see an out of breath Hakyeon next to him. 

"What is it?" Wonshik would be lying if he said he was jealous that Taekwoon had completely ignored him and instead called for Hakyeon, but he would never say that out loud. Hakyeon was handed the snacks that Taekwoon had been holding and he nodded, turning to walk away. But not before he had given Wonshik a huge wink. Wonshik held back a blush as he understood what Hakyeon had meant with the wink. 'Go get him'. He shook it off and turned back to Taekwoon.

"Do you mind?" He asked, pointing at the kitchen table, wanting to talk to Taekwoon, to get to know him better. But first he needed one of his burning questions to be answered. Had he meant what he had said at the Q&A. Taekwoon nodded and Wonshik breathed a sigh of relief in his head. There was a silence before Wonshik finally got the courage to ask Taekwoon the question. "Did you mean it?" A confused look from Taekwoon and Wonshik was feeling nervous again. "That you would collaborate with me," Wonshik explained. Wonshik relaxed again when Taekwoons face lit up with recognition and he nodded. 

"Do you?" Wonshik understood exactly what Taekwoon had meant. 'Did he want to collaborate with Taekwoon? Of course he did, it had been his dream for as long as he could remember. He nodded without him even having to think about it. Of course he would want to. "I'm free tomorrow, want to start?" Wonshik couldn't hold back a huge smirk at the thought of finally working with Taekwoon. 

"I would love to," He nodded.

You two seem to be having fun," Hakyeon stood by the kitchen door, leaning on the frame as he smiled at both Wonshik and Taekwoon. Wonshik wondered when he had gotten there "I knew you would get along,"

"Shut up, Hakyeon!" Wonshik shouted in protest as he hid his face in his arms. Why did Hakyeon have to be so Hakyeon. Hakyeon chuckled at Wonshik's pain and that only succeeded in annoying Wonshik even further.

“Why are you here anyway?” Wonshik asked, slightly lifting his head to look at Hakyeon. He could see Taekwoon slightly smirking from the corner of his eye and he blushed even more. 

“This party is for you, Wonshik,” Hakyeon explained. Wonshik shook his head. 

"I meant why are you here, can't you see we were in the middle of a conversation?" Wonshik groaned, nodded hi head towards Taekwoon who seemed to be deep in thought. 

"I'll leave you two then," Hakyeon left and Wonshik turned back to Taekwoon who seemed to be still deep in thought. 

"You think a lot don't you?" Wonshik held in a smile as Taekwoons head shot up to look at him.

"Sorry," Wonshik found the blush on Taekwoons face to be absolutely adorable. "I promise I don't do it all the time, Ravi,"

"Call me Wonshik," Wonshik chuckled. He wondered how his name would sound coming from Taekwoons mouth, but stopped himself less he started thinking dirty thoughts. “And you don’t have to worry, I’m a bit of a thinker myself to be honest,” There was a moment of silence like they were thinking of conversation topics, but it wasn’t an awkward silence. They both liked the others company and even with the silence they could understand each other with no words needed.

“Do you think our friends are getting along?” Wonshik asked. Taekwoon let out a chuckle without even meaning to. Wonshik blushed at the sound. It sounded like heaven to him, Taekwoon was truly an angel.