Chapter Ten

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

(A/N- This chapter is the worst I have ever written, but I need to put it up. Im sorry with how bad it is >.<.

Anyway, I used some ones idea from a comment and I hope I did ok with it. Thank you to everyone that has stuck with this story.

As you can see I am trying to update more regularly and right now I'm actually writing this in my school library 1 hour before I can leave school. I've been writing this all day and I hope it's better than I think it is).

 

"Did you tell him?" Taekwoon asked over the phone. He had been sleeping when Hakyeon had unexpectedly called at 11 at night, a crying mess. "I'm guessing he didn't take it well?" There was a hum of agreement.

"But I know he'll come around," There was a sniffle before he carried on. "He's not the type of person to be angry for long."

"Then why are you crying if you know things are going to be ok?" There was a moment of silence before Hakyeon sighed.

"Because he had every right to know and I didn't tell him. I'm a horrible friend,"

"He'll understand, don't worry. OH! And get your back home, it's below zero out there," Hakyeon chuckled and hung up after telling Taekwoon he would be home in half an hour.

 

"You're freezing!" Taekwoon exclaimed as Hakyeon walked past him to the bathroom. He was shaking and his teeth were clattering together.

"It's below zero, what did you expect?" Hakyeon shot back. Taekwoon held back the urge to groan and went to the kitchen to. Hakyeon would need a hot rink after his warm bath. After that, he would ask Hakyeon about it then go to sleep. He was going to start on the song in the morning so he needed a lot of rest.

 

Hakyeon took a fast bath and changed into warmer clothes. His thoughts still on the conversation turned confrontation. He never meant for it to turn so angry. All he had wanted was to come clean, even if Wonshik had beat him to it and had come to ask him about it instead of Hakyeon go to him with the confession. He shook his head, trying to get the thoughts away as he got out of the bathroom.

"You're out. Here have this," Hakyeon was handed a hot drink and was invited to sit on the couch. No doubt Taekwoon wanted to talk about what had happened.

"I didn't mean it you know," Taekwoon hummed, telling Hakyeon he was listening. "He cried. CRIED! All because of me and my stupid idea to keep it a secret. All it did was make him sad, why didn't I just tell him?" Taekwoon sighed.

"Whether either of you see it or not, or whether it was your intention to or not. You not telling him made it easier for us to meet," That made Hakyeon more confused than he had ever been in his whole life. How had him lying helped anything at all? If anything it had made everything much worse.

"If we had met before I had seen him live, I would've never gone through what I did. The video, the congratulation post, the Q&A. None of that would've happened if you hadn't left it to fate," Hakyeon gasped. Of course! Taekwoon believed in fate so if he had forced them to meet, Taekwoon wouldn't be so in love with Wonshik. The fear slowly started to leave his body and he sipped on his drink, contemplating the information that had been given to him. Taekwoon was looking at him as he sipped his drink. Hakyeon couldn't tell what Taekwoon was thinking, it was something he had never been able to do, even though they had known each other for years.

"Now go to bed, you're going to meet Wonshik tomorrow to start writing that song, aren't you?" Hakyeon spoke as he finished his drink. Taekwoon nodded and stood up, taking the cup from him and ushering him to his room, saying he would go to his own once he had finished cleaning.

 

Hakyeon was awoken at 5 in the morning by a text. He rolled to face his bedside table and picked up his phone. He unlocked it and read the message. His eyes widened and he sat up in bed in surprise. It was from Wonshik.

'I know I overreacted. I get why you didn't tell me. But I'm still upset that you didn't tell me. I forgive you though. I said some horrible things and I know what I said isn't forgivable. But thank you for telling me,"

Wonshik had said sorry. Maybe not in person, but he had still said it. And so fast as well. Hakyeon sighed, sent a small apology himself, before trying to go back to sleep. He hoped Wonshik hadn't spent all night stressing about it. He wanted Wonshik to have as much sleep as possible before he went out to meet Taekwoon. Talking about Taekwoon, it seemed that his roommate was already up and moving, probably making himself a Latte or something. Hakyeon  contemplated getting out of bed and getting himself one before his eyes were closing and he was drifting back to sleep. Coffee would have to wait till he woke up again.

 

Taekwoon nursed his coffee as he thought. His head was more occupied with thoughts of Wonshik than the soon to be cold coffee in his hands. He had no idea when Wonshik had become more important to him than coffee and he was starting to worry. How far was he gone? How much did he already care for the other without really knowing much about him? He believed in the feeling you get when you meet the person you're meant to be with, your soul mate, and he had felt something when he had first seen Wonshik on that stage, even after he had made that mistake. He groaned and took a sip of his coffee. He was definitely too far gone.