Chapter Six

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

 It was only half an hour till midday, but Taekwoon could already feel the energy draining from him as he was driven back to his studio after the Q&A Session that had been held. He already knew for a fact that fans had posted videos of it everywhere online. They were fast like that. Taekwoon leaned back in his chair and looked out of the window. Maybe his answer had been too sincere. What if the fans attacked Ravi. It wasn't the first time that some of the more immature fans had attacked someone, and it wouldn't be the last. Taekwoon hoped that Ravi was ok. He wouldn’t want to bring danger to Ravi because of his stupid mouth or anything.  

"We're here," Taekwoon got out of the car. The cold wind hit his face and he shivered, wrapping the coat closer to himself as he walked. The moment he got inside he made a move to look for his roommate. He looked all over for Hakyeon, but he was nowhere to be seen. Where could the elder have gone at such an early hour of the morning. Hakyeon never really told him where he was going, and that made Taekwoon very worried. He decided to distract himself with something else. He moved to the kitchen, maybe cooking something could ease his mind.  

"I'm home," Taekwoon looked up at the sound, narrowly missing cutting off his finger at the surprise. Hakyeon poked his head into the kitchen and smiled as he saw Taekwoon making some food.  

"I'll have the food done soon enough," Taekwoon said, moving back to what he had been doing previously before Hakyeon had showed up.  

"I need to talk to you about something," Taekwoon stopped what he was doing, knife in midair as he was about to cut up some more food.  

"I'm listening," Taekwoon put the knife down, scared he would do something stupid by accident. "It's not anything bad is it?" The hesitant tone in Taekwoons' voice made Hakyeon sigh.  

"No, it's nothing bad," Hakyeon motioned for Taekwoon to sit down as Taekwoon turned to face him. Taekwoon wiped his hands on his apron as he moved to sit in the chair next to Hakyeon.  

"If it isn't serious why are you making me sit like you're about to tell me off?" Hakyeon barked out a laugh before patting Taekwoons knee as an apology. 

"I promise it's nothing bad, I just don't trust you with a knife near you, you could kill me." Taekwoon scoffed but decided to agree as an argument was sure to come out of not agreeing with the elder. "Di Jaehwan tell you about the party I was going to throw for my friend?"  

"He just said you wanted to, he never told me you were actually doing it," Taekwoon remembered when Jaehwan had pestered him. Jaehwan was an annoying guy most of the time, only when he wanted to be was he smart. Jaehwan preferred to be annoying, it meant nothing was wrong with him. People knew that the moment Jaehwan didn't come in at ungodly hours, shouting that another character died in his favorite anime, that he was not ok.  

"That idiot never does what I tell him to does he?" Hakyeon smiled fondly at the thought before shaking his head. "The party is this weekend, and I really want you to come, " 

"Ravi's going to be there isn't he?" Taekwoon asked, a nervous tone to his voice. It wasn't that he didn’t want to meet Ravi, he really did, it was that he didn’t know if he was ready to just yet. He had always just heard of him from Hakyeon since Hakyeon was their mutual friend. But even then it wasn't enough to tell if Ravi was a good guy or not. However, just the fact that Hakyeon considered him so highly showed the type of person Ravi was.  

"It is his celebration party, if he wasn't there it would be a bit stupid to be fair," Hakyeon went on to say that he had told Ravi the location, date and time and was expecting Ravi to be there on time. Taekwoon begrudgingly agreed to go just so he could shoo Hakyeon out so he could rest. The fatigue was catching up to him again now that he was sitting down. He served the food a few hours later and they ate in silenve.  

Well it would've been silent had Jaehwan not called in the middle of their meal.  Hakyeon excused himself from the table and walked out into the lounge to take the call as if Taekwoon wasn't friends with Jaehwan as well. Taekwoon sighed but got back to eating.  

Taekwoon was done eating by the time that Hakyeon came back into the kitchen. 

"Sorry, Jaehwan wanted to tell me something important," Taekwoon waved Hakyeons concern off. Hakyeon sat back down on his chair and went back to eating. Taekwoon stayed on his seat as Hakyeon ate his food. "Are you sure you're ok to come to the party? I know you hate stuff like this," 

"I'm sure I want to go, it's important to you and important to Ravi, I might as well show my support in person," Taekwoon said with a small smile on his face. 

"Ravi has really gotten an effect on you hasn't he?" Taekwoon gave Hakyeon a look and Hakyeon shrugged off Taekwoons questions. "You're less tense now, you may not notice it, but I can tell and it all started when you went to the gig," 

Taekwoon thought about it, thinking over what Hakyeon had said as Hakyeon grabbed their plates and went to clean them in the sink. Hakyeon looked over at Taekwoon as the other looked directly at the wall without even blinking. Hakyeon had the urge to laugh but held it back so Taekwoon wouldn't get the wrong idea. Hakyeon walked out of the kitchen towards his room.

Hakyeon still had a party to plan.