Chapter Two

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

Taekwoon had no idea how Hakyeon had convinced him to come to an underground gig, but he had, one way or another. The venue was a bit packed when Taekwoon and Hakyeon got there and Taekwoon was regretting his choice to come already. 

"You are not leaving, you promised you would come and I am not letting you back down from that promise, no way," Hakyeon grabbed Taekwoons arm and pulled him to his side so he couldn't leave. 

"It's too crowded in here, you know how much I hate crowds," Taekwoon pulled back, effectively stopping Hakyeon in his tracks. Hakyeon sighed and turned to face the younger.

"You'll be fine Woonie, I'm right here with you," Taekwoon nodded, taking a deep breath before he let Hakyeon lead him further into the crowd. He tried to calm his racing heart and decided to just try and enjoy the gig. 

A few artists in and Taekwoon was actually having a good time, finding the well written verses to be witty and exciting. He thought that some of them should have been idol rappers.

However, there was one rapper that really caught Taekwoons eyes.

Ravi.

Ravi was Hakyeons friend. Hakyeon had talked about him a lot, saying how cool he was and how he was such an amazing songwriter and performer. And now that Taekwoon had heard it, he knew why Hakyeon talked of him so highly. He was an amazing rapper and his lyrics spoke of hurt and anger without explicitly saying he was angry or upset. The flow and rhythm was so addictive that Taekwoon had to stop himself from bumping to the beat a couple of times. Taekwoon took out his phone, he needed to remember this moment no matter what. 

It just so happened that Ravi made a mistake the moment he pressed record. Ravi continued rapping like nothing had happened and it seemed that no one around Taekwoon had noticed the mistake. 

Even after the gig, all that Taekwoon could think about was Ravi. The way that he held himself on stage and the way the lyrics just flowed form his mouth. 

"You were checking Ravi out weren't you?" Taekwoon rolled his eyes as they walked out of the venue and made their way down the streets of Seoul. It was the middle of winter and both Taekwoon and Hakyeon were wrapped up warm. 

"Just because I filmed him does not mean I was checking him out. He just made a mistake is all," Taekwoon mumbled under his breath. Hakyeon looked surprised. 

"He made a mistake?" Hakyeon gave Taekwoon a confused look and Taekwoon took out his phone as Hakyeon moved closer to see the screen. Taekwoon played the video and Hakyeon watched intently, making sure he didn't miss the mistake that Taekwoon had told him about.

"Wait I didn't see it," Hakyeon complained sadly. 

"It was right at the start you idiot," Hakyeon made a move to hit Taekwoons arm but stopped when Taekwoon glared at him. 

"Let me see it again," Taekwoon sighed but replayed the video, even going as far as pointing out the mistake so Hakyeon could see plain and clear where the mistake was. 

"Oh there!" Taekwoon re-pocketed his phone and watched as Hakyeon opened the door to their apartment. Taekwoon had the thought to post it up on Instagram, but then thought against it. If no one else had seen it, maybe that was how Ravi wanted it to stay. He argued both points in his head and decided that maybe he should, but make it fond and not rude. He didn't want to put Ravi down, he wanted to get his attention to his presence in his gig. No one else would've seen it so it would only make sense that Taekwoon had been at the gig. He wanted Ravi to know that he supported him, even if everything he knew about Ravi was from Hakyeon. Maybe Ravi was an in real life, maybe not, he would never know unless he started talking to him. However, Taekwoon was a shy person and he wanted Ravi to message him first. That was if he did. 

"You ok there Taekwoon?" Hakyeon asked, standing by the door to his bedroom as Taekwoon stayed by the door, still not fully inside their apartment.  

"Nothing don't worry about me," Hakyeon nodded and sighed as Taekwoon slowly made his way towards his own room. He looked so deep in thought yet sad at the same time, and Hakyeon didn't know how to make the other feel better. 

The comments and likes came in faster than Taekwoon had ever seen, and normally they were fast. There were comments like:

'WHO'S THE GUY LEO-OPPA?"

or

'HE'S  SO HOT! WHO IS HE?" 

Taekwoon didn't know how to respond to any of them, if at all, as he didn't know Ravi that well anyway. He would not have much to tell his fans, he was just in the dark as his fans were. Maybe one day he would be able to know Ravi more personally, maybe they would be best friends, maybe not. Taekwoon was the type to believe in fate, in destiny, and the moment he had seen Ravi he had felt like Ravi was the one. He knew that Hakyeon and so many other people would say that it wasn't real love unless you met them, but something about Ravi pulled Taekwoon in even more and Taekwoon would have it no other way. No one else had made Taekwoon feel the way that Ravi did. No one had striked Taekwoon as interesting before Taekwoon had seen Ravi. But it all came down to if Ravi would message him or if he would just ignore his Instagram post.

Only time would tell. 

Hakyeon had a party at midnight. He hadn't told Taekwoon where and what the party was for so Taekwoon was beginning to think that Hakyeon had something to hide. Taekwoon wouldn't ask though, so he would have to find that out too.