Chapter Four

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

"Taekwoon!" Taekwoon rolled his eyes. Why was Jaehwan in his studio so early in the morning? Taekwoon glanced over at Jaehwan once before looking back to his computer where he had a song he was working on. 

"Ooh, is that for your comeback?" Jaehwan asked, dropping himself gracefully onto the chair next to Taekwoon.  

"Yeah," Taekwoon sighed as he leaned back in his chair. "But I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it." 

Jaehwan hummed in thought. Wasn’t that Ravi guy good at writing lyrics? Jaehwan thought. Couldn’t Taekwoon ask him to help? He didn’t dare voice his thoughts, however.  

"Why are you here anyway?" Taekwoon asked as he turned his chair to face Jaehwan.  

"Oh yeah!" Jaehwan smiled brightly as he remembered what he had come to tell the elder. "The manager wants to see you." 

Taekwoon raised his eyebrow. 

"And why are you so happy about that?" Taekwoon moved to stand up. 

"Because he also told me to tell to you it was nothing to worry about," Taekwoon breathed out in relief. At least he wasn't going to be shouted at like he thought he would've been. He quietly thanked Jaehwan and went to find the manager. The manager would most likely be in his office at that time of day. He carefully knocked on the office door, trying to push down the wave of stress and anxiety that tried to overcome him.  

"Come in!" Taekwoon pushed the doe open. The manager was sat by his desk with a smile on his face. At least the manager was happy.  

"Sit," Taekwoon sat in the chair that was offered to him. "As you know, you haven't had a comeback in a while," Taekwoon nodded. "But the fans really want to see you." 

There was a pause as if the manager wanted it to sink in. 

"So we're holding a Q&A event tomorrow for the fans to ask you questions," Taekwoon nodded, knowing the manager would tell him the details later. 

"So what did the manager want? Her didn’t tell me anything," Taekwoon was met with an excited Jaehwan as he walked back into his studio.  

"Q&A with fans," Jaehwan nodded and the room fell silent again as Taekwoon got back to work on his song, still not getting much done. Jaehwan didn’t know how the other could deal with not knowing what to write. He had always seen the other racing for a piece of paper to write down ideas when he was out. But now, he couldn’t even write a sentence and be proud of it. He found it odd. 

"Ooh!" Jaehwan shouted out, nearly making Taekwoon fall out of his chair with surprise. "Did you hear the news?" Taekwoon shook his head. "Hakyeon's been screaming with happiness all day," 

"It's only morning Ken," Taekwoon pointed out. 

"I-" Jaehwan looked confused for a second before he was rolling his eyes at the other.  

"I know that, it was just an exaggeration," Jaehwan backed himself up, watching as Taekwoon just shrugged his shoulders.  

"So what was he so happy about?" Taekwoon asked, going back to staring at his computer as he thought. 

"His rapper friend, Ravi I think his name was, just hit ten thousand followers and Hakyeon wanted to throw him a party," Jaehwan laughed. They both knew how much Hakyeon loved throwing parties for his friends. Even for the smallest of things. It was in his nature to care for others and want to see them happy. It also wasn't uncommon for Hakyeon to be behind every single surprise birthday party that was not his own.  

Soon it was time for Jaehwan to get to work and he was gone. Taekwoon was left alone to think about what he should do. He could congratulate the other or he could act like he didn’t realize it.  However, with his little post about him there was no way he could get away without congratulating the other at all. He quickly made a small congratulating post and got back to work on his song, not wasting another second on the matter or he would stress out too much.  

In his head he was freaking out, but he refused to show it. One, he was alone in his studio, and two, he was in his studio. He always saw his studio as a place where he could relax and forget about the worries he had. Being famous wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but he refused to leave as he loved what he did. He thought of calling Jin, but what could Jin tell him. He would just say the same thing that Hakyeon would've told him. 

"Give it some time," Taekwoon had told it and now here Jin was, wasting his time telling Taekwoon something Taekwoon knew Jin would tell him. He almost felt bad for calling him over so late, but then again, he could just say he needed help with his song as an excuse or something. 

"Everything will work out, don't worry about it Woonie," Jin explained as he sat down next to Taekwoon. Jin was exhausted. He had been dancing for hours and he never saw any improvements in his dance skills. No matter how many times his friends told him he was already brilliant at dance, Jin still went to the dance studio every morning for hours to perfect the art that everyone around him already thought was perfect. 

"You should rest more." Jin shook his head at the phrase he had been hearing a lot of in recent months. Taekwoon was beginning to think he just wasn't getting it. He had heard he was brilliant so many times and he didn't believe them. Taekwoon knew what it was like to feel useless, he knew what it was like to work hard for reasons you didn't even know but because you thought you weren't good enough. Thankfully Taekwoon had gotten over it, but it wasn't the same for Jin and Taekwoon didnt know what he could do to help. Maybe one day Jin would meet someone that could tell him how much he meant to them and help him through his painful life. 

Taekwoon hoped that with all his heart.