Chapter Eleven

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

(AN- I've been away for like 4 years. I completrly forgot this story existed, I'm really sorry. If anyone is here to read this late update, thank you and I hope you like it, I'm not gonna promise to finish it because I'm not sure how much of this I'll be able to write, but thank you for those that have read this, while it was first being updated to even now if anyone is actually still here. It means a lot).

 

Wonshik was at Taekwoon's apartment pretty early the next morning, energy buzzing around his body at the thought of being able to collab with Leo.

Hakyeon had been the one to open the door and Wonshik could tell that the other was worried. Sure they had apologised over the phone, but Hakyeon wasn't sure how Wonshik would react in person.

Which was why he was shocked when Wonshik greeted him with a warm hug.

"Morning," Wonshik spoke as he pulled away, a calm smile on his face as he looked Hakyeon over. "You look like you just rolled out of bed."

"That's because I did," Hakyeon chuckled, still half surprised at how easily it was for Wonshik to go back to joking with him after their argument. But he wasn't going to question it. "Taekwoon should be out in a bit."

Wonshik hummed as Hakyeon let him inside, leading him towards the living room while they waited for Taekwoon to get done getting dressed.

"So have you two figured out what kind of song you're gonna make?" Hakyeon asked, getting comfortable on the sofa as he watched Wonshik do the same. "I know you two have a lot of emotional songs, are you gonna do something like that?"

Wonshik chuckled at all the questions Hakyeon was throwing at him, shrugging slightly.

"We haven't really talked about song themes yet, we haven't really said much about the song full stop really," Wonshik confessed sheepishly. "We might talk about that today. It is the best place to start."

Hakyeon hummed and they fell into silence, but Wonshik could tell there was something bothering him.

"Are you okay, Hakyeon?" He finally asked after fighting with himself whether it was a good idea to bring up whatever was bothering Hakyeon.

Hakyeon let out a long sigh, raising a hand to scratch the back of his neck nervously.

"I really am sorry for not telling you," Hakyeon sighed out, hoping that it was loud enough for the other to hear. He would hate to have to repeat himself.

"Hey, it's really okay," Wonshik reassured, reaching over to place a comforting hand on Hakyeon's shoulder. "I understand why you did it, even though I'm still upset that you kept it from me, I do forgive you."

"Thank you," Wonshik pulled him into another hug that Hakyeon practically melted into.

It wasn't long before Taekwoon finally got done getting ready and entered the living room. Wonshik had to take a second tl compose himself. Taekwoon was wearing a sweater, a large one that covered with hands and came down slightly around his neck. He also had black jeans along with some normal trainers, but it was the sweater that really got Wonshik. Taekwoon looked so small in it that it made Wonshik want to grab him and cuddle with him all day.

Wonshik shook out of his daze and met Taekwoon's eyes, noting that the other seemed to be blushing. He put it aside to think about later as he got to his feet.

"You ready to go?" Taekwoon asked, pointing wjth his hand towards the door. Wonshik nodded, straightening his shirt as he walked over to him. "Then let's get going, shall we?"

The drive to Taekwoon's studio didn’t take as long as Wonshik thought it would, but it gave them time in the car to start talking about what kind of things they would like to write about in their song.

The moment Wonshik got into the studio he started looking around, amazed by how much was there and how expensive everything was. So this was how making music was to the famous idols in the industry? His mind was also racing with the thoughts that this was the place thag Taekwoon had written and recorded nearly all of his songs. It made him feel happy that he was allowed in such an important place to taekwoon.

After he had looked around enough, Taekwoon had led him to sit down by the consoles, telling him he had something he needed to show him before they started. Eager to find out what it was, Wonshik made his way over and sat down next to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon opened a file, a song, that he seemed to have been working on but hadn't finished yet.

"I started this a while ago, but I could never quite find the right thing to finish it," Taekwoon explained, glancing over at Wonshik before looking back at the screen. "I was thinking maybe you could help me with it."

"Let's listen to it then," Wonshik tried to keep his voice steady, but even he could hear the excitement in his own voice. Taekwoon chuckled softly, pressing space on the keyboard to start the song.

It was definitely incomplete, missing a lot of the melody and only having a few bits of lyrics here and there, but it caught Wonshik's attention. It was good. It brought a feeling out in him be never quite had the words to explain, but maybe this was the song he could use to explain it, to finally put it down into words. 

Taekwoon paused the track and looked over at Wonshik.

"So, what do you think?" Wonshik gave him a wide grin that made Taekwoon hesitantly start smiling back.

"I think this is exactly the song we need to make."