Chapter Five

Beautiful Liar (An AU Wontaek Fanfiction)

Hakyeon came over when Wonshik least expected him to come over. He thought the singer was going to be busy all day with song writing or whatever he did, but he somehow made time out of his schedule to come see an underground rapper. 

"How are you Wonshik? Seem healthy," Hakyeon sauntered into the studio like he owned the place and Wonshik rolled his eyes at Hakyeons antics. 

"I'm not sure if you can call my situation healthy, but ok," Hakyeon chuckled at Wonshiks lack of enthusiasm.

"We need a party," Wonshik was taken aback by Hakyeons bluntness, but went with it anyway. 

"What's the occasion?" He asked, trying to act like he was listening but he was really looking at his Instagram feed. It seemed he had been on his Instagram more times in the last 3 days than his whole life combined. It was ever since Leo had noticed him that Instagram started seeming more of a lifeline than just a social media outlet. 

"You, getting ten thousand followers on twitter, that was your goal since the beginning. And now you've got that goal I'm not gonna let you just overlook it, we need to celebrate it," Wonshik looked up at Hakyeon to see if the elder was serious or if he would come out with a 'Got you!'. But none of that happened and Hakyeon looked dead serious.

"You're serious?" Wonshik asked, making sure that the other wasn't just a really good actor or something. 

"Dead serious," Wonshik gulped at the intensity in his eyes and looked away.

"Who's gonna be there?" He asked, trying to calm his nerves down. If he knew who was going to be there, he would know how the night would go, more or less anyway. 

"The gang and some of my friends that want to congratulate you," Wonshik wondered how they would've known, but the answer was right in front of him. Hakyeon must of told them all. Hakyeon looked down at his watch and his eyes widened.

"!" He shouted. "I'll message you the place, date and time. I need to go, if I don't my manager will have my head. I wasn't supposed to go out at all today, so you better feel lucky that I came to see you today," 

"yeah, yeah, yeah I get you. Now get going," Hakyeon scoffed at Wonshiks hurry to get him to leave before just waving and walking away. 

Wonshik sighed as he got back to work. And by work he meant scrolling through his Instagram to see if anyone had one anything interesting that could entertain Wonshik as his life was going nowhere in the fun department. 

He noticed that he had missed a Q&A that Leo had had and he could see videos of the event on the fans Instagram. He listened to the Questions that were asked and then the Answers that Leo had given to the questions. One question got Wonshiks attention the most.

"If you could collab with anyone, who would you do it with?"

Wonshik listened for the answer as his heart beat faster. He wanted to hear his name, and no matter how much his head told his heart that it couldn't happen, his heart had hope and damn was it not giving up. The seconds ticked on endlessly as Wonshik held his breath. It could either go well, or it could go amazing. Both were good, but one could calm Wonshiks heart and the other could make it worse. 

"Anyone? I would collab with Ravi," 

Wonshik couldn't believe his ears as he heard Leo's voice say that. He moved to pinch himself to check if it was a dream. When he yelped in pain he knew it was not a dream and his face split into a -eating grin as he locked his phone and slowly putting it onto the table in front of him. This was really happening. His heart thundered in his chest, threatening to bounce right out of his ribcage. 

He finally had a reason to celebrate. He unlocked his phone again as it buzzed. Hakyeon had sent him the information already and Wonshik got out some paper to write down the information that was showed to him. Maybe it would do him some good to get out of the studio and celebrate something for once. 

"Maybe I should go to sleep," He looked out of the window and sighed. It wasn't night, but he had been working all night and he needed sleep. He saved his work and backed it up before moving towards the couch he had placed in his studio and brought a blanket up to his chin as he tried to sleep. All he could think about was what Leo had said, and he wasn't sure if he would be able to sleep with that on his mind. But he closed his eyes and tried to think of something else. The party. Homework. Assignments. School. Jobs. Anything that could make him bored enough that he would pass out. Nothing seemed to be working as he sat up. Maybe the light was too bright. Ho moved to pull the curtains closer together and lied back down. The light wasn't as bright and he closed his eyes. Maybe now he could sleep. He thought of the same boring things again and started to doze off. He could see the light start to fade and his sleep start to take over him. He congratulated himself for being able to sleep. He hadn't slept in a while and he knew he needed it.

Now if only talking to Leo was as easy as falling asleep. If it was, he would've done it ages ago. But Yoongi had told him to wait and he trusted Yoongi's decision. As much as he hated not doing something, he knew that following Yoongi's advice would be much better than going in head first and not having a plan to fall back on. 

His last thoughts were still of Leo, regardless of how hard he tried to make it not Leo.